What if your not comfortable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DcPlayer313, Oct 16, 2017.

1. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

What if you're not comfortable with adding your credit card information to DayBreak? The reason I ask this question is with the other MMO's I play when I purchase something I don't have to store my credit card information if I don't choose. I don't see that same option with DayBreak. Once you enter your credit card information to the site it stays on there until you remove it. I don't like that nor do I trust that method.
    • Like x 2
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Maybe using a prepaid card? That way you don't need to give your actual info.
    • Like x 3
  3. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Gift cards is the only way I go with this game, especially since I am a PS player.
    Amazon is my friend. :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Roocck Committed Player

When I was a member I was getting $20 PSN prepaid cards from Walgreens and Walmart... I believe there $25 atm.....
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Prepaid cards or virtual cards.
    I have a work credit card and I have a virtual credit card which I can top up via 7-11.
    • Like x 3
  6. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Oh okay, prepaid cards for this game. I still feel not giving the customer the option to save or not save their information after a purchase is somewhat of a cash-grabbing technique, the same way you have to actually cancel your membership in order to stop DayBreak from charging you a continuous monthly fee.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

gift and pre paid debit cards are the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ever since the back attack on Sony back in 2011, I only use PSN GIFT cards. Xmas and a few thru the year keep my sub up.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well having your information saved is extremely convenient if you're a regular subscriber. I could see how that might be an issue for the off/on casual.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's nothing cash grabby or sinister about what they do in this regard. Their method makes things convenient for them, that's all. At the end of the day, options or not, the customer is always responsible for their purchases and payment options. Anytime you use your card you make yourself vulnerable...so why should Daybreak or Playstation Network be viewed with so much distrust?
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about just starting a specific bank account just for doing this type of stuff. That's what I did. It's a dedicated card for online usages only. This way I can easily transfer money form one bank account to another.
    • Like x 2
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

pre paid for it all. trust no one!
    • Like x 1
  13. Sooner Well-Known Player

Go to your bank, get a secondary account with a debit/credit card. Use that for your games and online purchases, and just transfer over money from your "real" account to the game account to cover it. :)
    • Like x 2
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Nor should you ;)
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

dont eat the cosby jello pops....youll be fine...
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

What? That doesn't make sense.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

This is exactly what i use. A prepaid card that i put money on at 7/11. Yea it costs me a few bucks to add the $ but oh well.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh idk maybe because when i turn off the auto renew for my sub and then check it a week later and its turned back on. Id say thats why people dont trust em. And this has happened to me multiple times too and other people i know have also experienced this. But yea i guess i should have complete trust in this company :rolleyes:

Im not even gonna go into the details of what my league mate is dealing with atm. Lets just say a mistake was made with charges but its been fixed on his end and the banks end. But not on daybreaks end. And hes been locked out of his account for a week now despite trying to contact daybreak multiple times. And besides the original automated response to his ticket hes gotten nothing but silence.

Or my other league mate who got charged 3 times for a yearly sub a few weeks ago. Got it straightened out with his bank but im sure ya know what happened next. Basically the same thing i just said above. Btw it wasnt him or his bank that charged him 3 times ;) All im doing here is saying what my league mates and i have experienced when it comes to this topic. And these 3 examples all happened w/in the last 30 days.
  19. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

wow, my virtual card is a free app from Google. 7/11 doesn't even have a service charge for topping up, if I top up $50, I get $50. Well in terms of logistics, I'm walking distance from a 7/11.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Just buy PSN codes from Amazon.com or Sonys site. Or xb1 site if xb1. Its how I usually buy anything from MP. I'll nvr add my info this a console not after all the hacks thats happened lol