USPC - Unable to Login

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by SethZoulMonEl, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It keeps saying I put in the wrong user and/or password when I have tried 5-6 times and know I can't be making a mistake that many times. I login regularly, so it's basically muscle memory for me...

Anyone else having problems at the moment?

LOL - As soon as I posted this, it worked.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Happening again right now...
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

If you've used the password recovery function and still encounter this issue, then we are going to need you to create a support ticket so we can personally look over your account to see what may be causing this.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'd actually like to find out if this happens to other people. This happens to me and my girlfriend on two separate accounts and two separate computers.

Every once in a while, no matter how many times we enter our login name and password + authenticator code correctly, it says " Invalid name or password. Please try again. For more information click here."
    The problem persists for a minute or two, and then we are able to log in without a problem.
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

For the 3 years I've been here, this usually is a result of a user error. In very rare cases is it the account itself. If there is a server wide issue, then you'd be hearing about a fix soon enough.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't think this is user error in our case. My girlfriend has actually gotten so frustrated by the inability to login knowing she was entering her user information correctly that she chose not to play that day. If it were user error, I don't think she'd be that frustrated. Having experienced it myself a number of times (I actually started a thread about it months ago: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/random-login-failure.162649/#post-2040579) I am inclined to think it is a problem with the client/server and not user error.

The problem happens very infrequently and does not last long, so I doubt other players even give it much thought if it occurs. It may also be limited to players who use an authenticator; I am not really sure exactly what the problem is since I cannot reproduce it. Random problems that do not persist for long are a pain to track down, which is why I am reluctant to submit a support ticket. I'd prefer not to go through the re-install of the game, re-install of Windows and re-install of the game fresh, etc. when I highly doubt any of those would help given the problem has persisted through me doing those things already.
  7. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

If you haven't already, please create a support ticket (on a different account if you're having trouble logging in on your main one) so we can look into this further.