Tides of War 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

The Tides of War Summer Seasonal Event

The battle for the throne of Atlantis continues! Ocean Master, Aquaman's conniving half-brother, has rallied a force of mutineer Atlanteans in an attempt to displace King Arthur and take the throne! The Atlantean civil war has breached the waters of Metropolis. Track Tides of War in your Mission Journal and check the Events tab in the On Duty menu to battle for the Atlantean Outpost. Or alternatively you can now use the Warp Menu to head directly to the Open World Content by selecting Summer Seasonal: Aquaman (Hero) or Summer Seasonal: Ocean Master (Villain). Fight for your side, and reap new rewards including new feats!

New Feats
    • Hula Master
    • Superhero Staycation
    • Release the Crackers!
    • Beach Cleanup Crew
    • Bubble Trouble
    In celebration of our Summer Event this year, we have added new collections, new base items, breezy new island styles, and a bubbly new aura to help you cool off when the fight heats up!

Level Requirement: 10

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

as an islander - for guys - maybe instead of the flower lei ... how about a twisted leaves lei for the guys?
    I'm unsure if all the polynesian cultures have used a twisted leaves lei for the men, but in the future this should be something consider.
    I'm sure googling "leis for men" will reveal images for more ideas with rewards....
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

SUPER GREAT!!!

Woo hoo
    Reinheld
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lei are usually made with flowers but can be made with leaves, seashells, etc. Gender has nothing to with it, men wear flowers. Get over it.
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The event and vendor items (as always) are good, but the feats don't make sense to me. You've got to get all 20 base items for only 10 feat points? And the Parrot feat (Release the Crackers!) seems to have neither feat points, nor a title, so how is it a feat?
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Plus, the Parrot is one of the 20 items you have to get for the base item feat, so why the separate feat that gives no benefit?
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The prices need to drop I don't want to run this event on 2 or 3 characters everyday to get the items this year and I'm not going to buy coins on top of my membership.
    • Like x 1
  8. Starrior New Player

Isn't this a little heavy on the Aquaman content, with Starro and the other Atlantean events going on right now?
    • Like x 1
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I guess Aquaman is the new Wonder Woman...
    • Like x 2
  10. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Wow, for only 25 sand dollars you can get lei'd! :D
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Just wait. I bet we’ll get another Aquaman episode at the end of the year to go with the movie.

Aquaman Universe Online.
    • Like x 2
  12. trekkie New Player

13. CrisisR3DN3CK New Player

So is the coconut bra unisex?
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

No summer sale?
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What, they should cancel the Summer event we've had for all these years just because we've just had Aqua-content? Would that really make sense? It's the regular summer event held every summer, same as always, except for the rewards and tweaks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Whoa. I just realized, after all these years, that your name sounds just like "mystical".... that... that is amazing.
    • Like x 3
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And the penny drops!
    ;-)

Yeah, that's the whole point of my name. I decided I wanted to be a Doctor Fate-based hero when I started the game, long before HAND OF FATE, when Doctor Fate had next-to-no presence in the game -- just the leveling mission -- and tried to think of a name and then the pun hit me and I laughed a lot and couldn't resist, even though it's led to a ton of assumptions over the years that I must be female in real life. (Which gives some really interesting insights into sexual harassment, I must say.)

It's pretty rare for people to get it immediately, actually. Usually it dawns on folks after playing with me for weeks. It's a time bomb of a name. :)

If you run into me in-game, you can call me "Tickle" or "Fate" or "Ms" or "MsTickle/Mystical," or whatever. So long as it isn't too rude. But for the record, I'm a guy who couldn't resist this female name. :)
    • Like x 3
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol.

"Arthur, Lord of the Seven Seas, could no longer resist himself... Sending a false telegram from Hippolyta, Arthur Curry tricked Wonder Woman into leaving her Justice League locker unattended for the weekend..."

[IMG]
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Good to know, lol. Miss...um, Sir. Tickle.

"All hail Sir Tickle! Lord of the Tickles!"

Wait, that sounds weird. Nvm. Lol.
    • Like x 2
  20. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

One thing to say about you re-adding the scuba gear...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1