This is getting annoying.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyn, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Kosyn New Player

Can we STOP using boss aim bot for healers in raids?? Jesus Christ I can only do so much to keep myself alive especially with a 160 orb of Arion which I can only cast it twice maybe three times, and no other powers for a good 2 seconds.

DMR is an actual JOKE, every time a boss comes out they go straight to the healer. Oh you broke out of 5 my stuns? Take my super boss supercharge and my super aim bot attacks to the face, bam! Dead. I can only imagine what DME is like, and its not solely that raid either. The dev team has noticeably gone to these aim bot tactics in the newer raids, and everyone has noticed and expressed their feelings about it. Hell, the community begged so much that you guys even brought back survival mode just for an actual challenge. I'm tired of having to switch powers just because I got knocked out of my celestial combo and my whole team dies trying to pick me up. I switched to water just to AVOID that but that does not seem to help at all even with the 4 man and 8 man shield, with blocking.

If Birds of Prey is like this I'm cancelling my membership for good. Spent way too much money and time building up my healer to be strong, just to be one shot by a boss who has 0 mechanics expect aim bot and random one shots. I enjoy difficult challenges but honest to God this lazy content is getting old.
    • Like x 3
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Time to get better tanks.
    • Like x 9
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Easier said than done.
    • Like x 4
  4. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Just like in real life combat, Medics are always the first target. Second target is always the Troll, which real world equivalent is the Support team, such as: Communications, Supply Delivery/Storage. It happens the same way in this game as I have seen since I've played. The healer and the Troll will always attract more attention from bosses and even adds than the DPS, SPECIALLY if the Tank sucks.
    • Like x 3
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

This.

If the boss is coming out and going straight for you as the healer then your tank is either really bad or slow. For a bad tank I recommend either helping them get better or replacing them. For a slow tank I recommend waiting for them to pull aggro before dumping your power bar.
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It sounds like the tank is standing in the wrong spot. I usually move him to a back corner away from the group. If you are out of range than Barbatos will not turn around to attack you.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

The other option is to take a second healer as well, its like it's forbidden
    • Like x 13
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

You know what's really annoying is trying to be active after 1 month of new content. What do u do to keep on the game. There is way to much pve and I wish the game had PvP. But I think the devs are worried about adding PvP. Because it's what everyone wants and nobody will be doing pve anymore because it's over done. So this time around they have to make a big move for PvP not just add some new maps with feats but revamp it
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

First, this PvP rant is in the wrong place. That's not what the OP is talking about in the least bit. Second, your hypothesis about why PvP remains untouched is so far off the mark, you might as well wear a Stormtrooper outfit 24/7 (your aim is just as lousy as theirs).

For the record, PvP wouldn't detract from PvE in any way, shape or form. It would add to it. The reason they won't touch though it is two-fold: Players don't have a real consensus of what they really want (not enough to narrow down to some cheap and quick fixes), and there's no direct way to monetize it that won't get outright rejected (what's the point of spending resources that won't reap immediate r.o.i).
    • Like x 3
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Get a Tank and/or get a Second healer. If you dont have a tank and youre going into these Raids, its not your fault but at the same time, its your fault. Leave and make better Raid decisions.

If youre new to MMOs, let me quickly explain who gets aggro. Tank>Healer>the dirt>the worms inside the dirt>DPS>>PoPo's stool>Controller. Youre a Healer, you will generate almost as much hate as the Tank so if he goes down or is not present, you are now the Tank.
    • Like x 3
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

So true, and I do not like being a Celestial Tank.
    • Like x 5
  12. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  13. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Nothing worse than when they insist on 1-1-1-5 anf the burn STILL sucks. It’s like dps never admit they’re terrible. I was told to switch from a 294 healer to my 268 Dps during a raid.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Gasp, how are you that low on dps side though, aren't you putting trash gear on?
    • Like x 1
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

shame on you! You know they must have solo tank and healer on day one raids to include elite!:D:p
    • Like x 1
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah because it's the tanks fault when players run around and randomly unlock the bosses from opposite ends of the area. I would sometimes agree with you, but this raid, and the last boss fight in particular, can be a complete mess. Especially when you get impatient players or players who don't know what they're doing and refuse to listen. More often than not I've had wipes in this fight because you have people(most of the time DPS) who see a cog and feel the compulsion to hit it at all costs. When a boss is summoned and immediately goes for the healer, not sure how it's the tanks fault when he has no clue which boss is being summoned or from which side. Another problem is healers who for some reason don't have shields in their loadout, or if they do, the seem to actively avoid using them. But the main problem above all is communication. Everybody is in such a hurry now and if the group wipes they start berating and blaming in the chat box then leave. "I don't need to come to chat this is easy", as the group is wiping because no one is paying attention to the chat box or in the voice group.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry, please forgive me :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

Another satisfied customer:D
  19. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I got the main set of gear on my main and purchased the top set at reduced cost. Haven’t had the chance to run much on the aforementioned toon for the trash gear yet lol.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah those tanks cant even keep aggro on fire balls nowadays ... the instant they come on they are on the healers all the time, help DMR is a joke!

/sarcasm off