The Story So Far: Oa Under Siege

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Dexella Communications Manager

The Story So Far: Oa Under Siege

The War of the Light continues in Episode 16: Oa Under Siege. You’ll need to meet up with Hal Jordan and help fight the Black before corruption continues to spread. But how did it get this far? Let’s look back on the War of the Light story and what brought us to Oa Under Siege.

[IMG]

The War of the Light began when Brainiac disrupted the emotional entities of the various Lantern Corps (Green, Blue, Sinestro, and Red). What began as a battle in Metropolis, quickly spread to outlying sentient planets. As the Corps – with your help – formed an uneasy alliance to combat the disruptions in the center of the emotional spectrum, the control over the influence of the edges of the spectrum weakened. Thus began the War of the Light Part II, with the arrival of Larfleeze’s Orange Lanterns and Carol Ferris’ Star Sapphires.

[IMG]

After traveling to Zamaron and restoring some balance, Hal Jordan and Sinestro explain to Carol Ferris that the greatest threat to the Corps is still coming. That threat arrived in Episode 15: Corrupted Zamaron with the emergence of the Black Lanterns. As the Black Lanterns corrupted the Star Sapphires home planet of Zamaron, Indigo-1 rallied to help purge the corruption. No one knew how severely the corruption had spread until it was revealed that even Hawkgirl had become a pawn under the control of the Black Lanterns’ power.

[IMG]

After the Black Lanterns were defeated on Zamaron and the Power Battery was restored, it seemed like things might be under control. Until they turned to Oa. Until Now.

[IMG]

Now, Black Lanterns have invaded Oa, Hal Jordan has fallen, and the universe once again turns to you. Can you stop the corruption before it destroys Oa and turns out the Light permanently?

Oa Under Siege is a new single player mission in Episode 16, which launches for Members in DC Universe Online on September 2, 2015, and in the Marketplace on September 9, 2015. Subscribe today!
    • Like x 9
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Dexella Hacks! , the staff post tracker says it as if Mepps posted the thread lol.

Also, I can't wait for this new episode! I'm exited :D
    • Like x 3
  3. JmBrElLa New Player

I thought that the whole ordeal would be that WE would be able to chose a piece of content each month, but it seems that we are not the ones doing the choosing?. Did I miss something here?
  4. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

What do you mean? They gave us a graphic on their plan for content cadence. I don't remember anything about that.
    • Like x 1
  5. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I'm laughing at "(Green, Blue, Sinestro, and Red)." :p

It might be a mistake....or maybe...The Last Yellow Lantern spinoff? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

Every other Corp's Name is the color. Only Sinestro Corp is named after a member. (Red Lantern Corp, Blue Lantern Corp, Green Lantern Corp, and Sinestro Lantern Corp.)
    • Like x 2
  7. Radium Devoted Player

Sinestro's vain like that.

Everyone else is named for the spectrum color, he went and dedicated the corps to himself. Even Larfleeze isn't that shallow :p
    • Like x 3
  8. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Ah, that explains a lot, thanks guys!

I guess we can put aside my theory of "The Last Yellow Lantern" spinoff being made....for now. o_O
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Why use "Sinestro" instead of yellow? lol Oh, I see I'm not the first to comment on this. lol again.

Yes.
  10. JmBrElLa New Player

i was referring to this.. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...or-dcuo-new-plans-for-future-episodes.249158/

basically what they are trying to say is that instead of buying 1 big quarter worth of content you get to pick smaller pieces.. but you still have to wait for the whole quarter to pass just to access all the parts that you would want to buy, which to me is like, well?

anyways my misunderstanding was that i thought i would be able to pick which part of the quarter i wanted, but you can only pick after all parts of the same quarter have been released..

edit.. i was right afterall nevermind the above if you read the link it said we have a choice on what contect to purchase, but im not seeing this system fully at work here yet.. what gives?
  11. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

Só you wanted to buy something before it was available/released? They never did that why would they do now? It's the same you get to buy it when it's released.
  12. JmBrElLa New Player

wait did you read the link? heres the part i was talking about.. see how it has different parts for players 1-3 and their able to pick.. well im not seeing that yet.

[IMG]
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Which content is relevant to you isn't up to you. It's based on what your Combat Rating is. All players with the same Combat Rating have the same content available. Now, you do have choice in what content you purchase - you can sit out a month and not buy that Episode, but then those rewards and the content itself is not available to you.
    • Like x 6
  14. Taldigi1970 New Player

But the catch is to be able to play the content that interests you you have to play content that doesn't interest you to get the gear and CR you need. That is not exactly being able to chose. As an example someone new to the game is interested in the Black Lantern corps so they only buy episodes 15 and 16. They then run through the original content to get to 30 and get maybe a cr rating of 54, unless they sub or buy the other episodes there is not a way to get their CR to the required level to play the content they were interested in originally. If there is another way I have not seen or heard of it.
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

u can always buy one month sub next summer and do all this small monthly epizodes in few days i think im gona do that .
    • Like x 1
  16. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

MOST important question. Did Frank finally get to Burger King?
    • Like x 3
  17. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I must know!
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

They never said the new system would allow you to skip all prior content. Not sure where you're getting that.
    • Like x 2
  19. Taldigi1970 New Player

They are implying it when they say you can choose what to play by buying only the content that interests you. Which is what I'm referring to. You and I already now all this and sub, but someone totally new to MMORPG's and this game would not know that and will be quickly put off the game. If the game is going to survive there has to be full disclosure or some revamping of the system.
    • Like x 1
  20. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

is great the new content and the story line
    but dont do anymore a episode with just two content
    a duo and a raid :/ it does not have any sense
    put more content pls
    people are spending money only by a duo and a raid
    and please you guys could be more creative and not just be episode 15 or episode 16
    a dlc with a good name draws more people to buy and gets better
    but you guys know better than me "i think"
    well "good work"
    • Like x 2