The Story So Far: Corrupted Zamaron

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dexella Communications Manager

The Story So Far: Corrupted Zamaron

Episode 15: Corrupted Zamaron is the next adventure in the War of the Light. Before you venture to Zamaron to help Indigo-1 of the Indigo Tribe fight “The Black,” catch up on what’s been happening with the Lanterns thus far.

[IMG]

In War of the Light Part I, Lanterns of all colors lost connection with their Emotional Spectrum’s entities and strange mists descended upon Metropolis, affecting all the citizens’ emotions. This caused four Corps (Green, Blue, Sinestro, and Red) to converge on Earth to find out what happened, which led to the War of the Light happening on Earth, in the center of Metropolis, as well as on nearby sentient planets, Mogo and Ranx.

[IMG]

Throughout the war, Green Lantern Hal Jordan and Sinestro discovered that the other corps were likely not the enemy, and an uneasy alliance was formed. The fate of the Emotional Entities hangs in the balance in War of the Light Part II, when Carol Ferris and the Star Sapphires and Larfleeze’s Orange Lanterns journeyed to Earth to restore their own entities at any cost.

With help from YOU, the sparks in the lantern batteries were reignited and the balance of the emotional spectrum was restored. But the War of the Light doesn’t end there…

[IMG]

Now it’s time to head BACK to Zamaron, the homeworld of the Star Sapphires, to continue this story. The Black Lanterns have invaded, and though Carol Ferris is doing what she can to fight them, she won’t be able to do it alone. It’s up to you to head to Zamaron, target the Predator entity inside the Central Power Battery, and purge its corruption.

Corrupted Zamaron, part of Episode 15, launches for Members this Wednesday, August 5, 2015, and for purchase August 12, 2015.
    • Like x 9
  2. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Soooo... what's the connection? Black lanterns were like "well guess we have to show our face at some point, what you want to do Frank?" "Let's go attack a planet, homie" "What? Like Zamaron or something?" "Yeah sure, that'll do, can we stop at Burger King along the way? I'm like super hungry."
    • Like x 15
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

That doesn't make sense.

I'm like 100% positive that Zamaron does not have a Burger King.
    • Like x 14
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yes. That's what happened. It's all explained in the briefings, including the reason why Frank preferred Burger King to McDonald's in the first place.
    • Like x 5
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

This is how I see the story. Part one we are researching the mists and fighting sinestro that blames green lanterns for the missing entity. We missed the part where where Hal and Sinestro got together and started their bromance prior to part 2. In part 2 we restored the entities in the green and yellow batteries, stop larfleeze from stealing the green battery, not sure what the villain side did with the yellow battery, and freed carol from the predator that was not missing from their battery but present during the entire fight powering Carol. Not sure what we needed Carol for as that is never explained since we already restored the 2 missing entities and the predator was in the sapphire battery.

Really looking forward to fighting black lanterns.
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The Predator was in the sapphire battery because the Star Sapphires actually restored it by themselves. All entities were screwed up, not just two.
    • Like x 1
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Yeah, I think they needed to expand it a little bit but the explanation may be in the episode. I still remember Sinestro's last words in the Ion Solo. That's probably the explanation to how the Black Lantern enters the storyline.
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

I can see that being a logical conclusion but it would require some creative license on the individual to get there. The questions still remain why are we fighting star sapphires and why do we need their help. Supposedly black lanterns aren't part of the story yet and if we are just restoring the batteries then mission accomplished after the alerts. Fortunately the story doesn't need to make sense to me for me to enjoy the game.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

In the original DCUO comicbook story line. Brainiac was responsible for cutting off the connection to the entities. I think Jens later summed up the story line that the War of the light occurred as the entities are released from Brainiac's control but somehow they were unable to regain their natural form and ended up in forms of mists. These mists descended on earth and began infecting it's citizens, including heroes and villains. The Lanterns then went to earth to reform and regain their avatars back. However, some Lanterns decided that it was a perfect opportunity to steal and capture the other lantern's avatar. Thus began, the War of Light. We see infected heroes and villains, we see red lanterns attacking Korugar as Sinestro is putting in Parallax and Larfreeze going to Oa to steal Ion.

However, in WotL2 solo, after Sinestro reforms Parallax he notices that something is amiss but disregards it.

I think as the Avatars are reformed an infection has occurred, death has creeped in and infected the avatars. The violet is most susceptible to the infection because inside their batteries are the corpses of two lovers that are bound in time.

Just thinking out loud, tho...
    • Like x 2
  10. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Was a nice read ^_^
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Solid model moving forward with the episodes. Since they aren't presented as a single narrative a little blurb to let us know what's going on if we stepped away is a great idea.

My only suggestion, maybe have their own sub-forum.
  13. Flair Well-Known Player

I'm really excited for the new Episode tomorrow. I had an idea
    And could use some help making sure I do it right. I wand to run through all the previous WotL content tonight I preparation for tomorrow. During the course of the run I want to try and immerse myself in the "lore" as much as possible.
    What is the correct order to run the content from start to finish if I want to follow the WotL story?
  14. Corwin Quantum Level 30

You guys are missing the daily missions from WoL II. In them it was explained that the Star Sapphires were kidnapping or recruiting people against their will. In Love and War, Hal and Sinsentro joined together to find out what happened to them. The mission started in Metropolis, lead to a mall, and ended with them on Zamaron where they learned the Predator was hyper-influencing Carol. We fought Carol and cleared her mind. After she joined the Green and Yellow in order to learn what happened to the entities in the first place.

Its all there. Listen to the missions, do them in order (daily, solo, duo and raid) and it makes the whole story for Part 2.

I cannot wait to learn more!
    • Like x 2
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

I think he was sensing the rage in the lantern. The heroes have Avarice Impurity, and have to clear the Orange out of Ion. The villains have Rage Impurity and have to clear red from in with Parallax.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kajuru Well-Known Player

Brainiac was using the entities on Fight for the Light. He even says he dispersed the entities, during Return to the Nexus.

Sinestro is talking about the Rage Impurity, you can clearly see the red mist inside the battery after he restores Parallax. Due to the reds touching it during the boss fight.
    • Like x 2
  17. pauleta180 Well-Known Player

well, in one movie they go to white castle
    • Like x 3
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

*sigh* That's because you don't know the lore. Zamaron has a Burger Queen
    ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Hmm but even if I didn't know the lore per se I was right, they don't have a Burger King :p

I wonder if there are any different items on the menu at Burger Queen.
  20. Pyroseraph New Player

Guys guys guys...

You're both wrong. There is no Burger King or Burger Queen.

It's obviously a Wendy's. Duh... unless Wendy IS the Burger Queen. *puts on tinfoil domino mask*

But on a serious (and off-topic) note. I am having an account issue. I made this account on Thursday of last week. It has been over 72 hours and I still cannot post in any topic other than this one. I can't pot in the Funhouse, I can't post in League Recruitment, nothing. I just keep seeing a message saying 'You do not have enough privilages to post here', yet I can post here.

Did they change privledge requirements? I'm getting seriously worried. :(
    • Like x 1