The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, managed to find a version on Animefreak that didn't sound like someone crushed Alvin's chipmunk nuts in a vice, but did Molly always have a Borston ackcent? o_O
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, that's not the new dub Viz made and released by a long shot. I've seen some bad versions of shows pop up on video sites where the audio sounds like they sped it up, and it looks like that kind of thing happened. My guess would be someone tried to upload one of the old broadcast episodes and the audio got messed up in the process.

If you want to compare/contrast the old and new dubs and can access the site, Hulu's got the Viz dub version of the first episode available for free viewing. Just have to be willing to sit through commercials and accept the original Japanese opening song and names of the characters. :D
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As said, managed to find a good version of it on AnimeFreak, has both the Dub and Sub version (watching reading the Sub now, and... it's like a totally different programme :eek: )
  4. Yui Loyal Player

There are 3 Fate series in total. Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero (Prequel to Fate/Stay Night), Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just watched the last episode of Classroom Crisis.

Good ending to the show, I thought. Nice resolution for things overall, with a few new threads put out there in case another season is called for. I don't think it's one that will end up as a "must have" for my permanent (ie physical copy) library, but it was a good show and I enjoyed watching it.
  6. Faust74 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Anime that I am surprisingly enjoying is "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma:. Think of it as a Iron Chef Anime, but with High School students. Btw, why does just about every new anime coming out focuses around Teens/HS Student? o_O

Anyways, the food battles are very entertaining and most the food technics are actually real, there are some that I question. The show does get a little pervy at times. When someone taste a really good dish, they have a weird foodgasm. :rolleyes: If you're a foodie or a cook, you'll enjoy it.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Probably for the same reason you rarely see Asians, even if the setting is in Tokyo :p

Watched the Subbed version of 'Sailor Moon' before going to sleep, and it really was like watching a different show :eek:
    Why did they make 'Serena' such a hopeless idiot? Was it because they figured that was their target audience outside of Japan? o_O
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I kind of got bored of the show after episode 8 I could tell what direction it was heading and that is usually a terrible omen for me when I watch shows.
    Simple. It sells or because of Chuunibyou.
  9. Yui Loyal Player

It's an overused Anime cliche. However, people still like it.

Source: http://otakuspirit.com/2014/01/top-10-worst-anime-cliches/

TL;DR: Basically, it's a cliche that's used to connect with younger audiences and people who enjoy young love. Pretty, much it's what exactly Sabigya said. Because it sells.

Also, just to add to this, watch this video and skip to 3:45.
  10. Yui Loyal Player

I just noticed that we have reached over 1000 replies on this thread. :eek: Woot! :D
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, sorry it had to be about Sailor Moon :p
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There are worse anime for post #1000 to be about. :D
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think that's one of the things that's made Gate one of the more interesting shows to watch, though, having the main character being an adult (but still a die-hard otaku) instead of a teen. Sometimes going outside the box can work well too.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will keep that in mind for post #2000 ;)
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

So after being more observant, we are watching Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. I am such an anime derp.
  16. Faust74 Loyal Player

Yeah, some of the anime shows that I enjoy would be just as good if not even better if they cut all that stuff out.

Btw, I think I just watched the finale episode of Food Wars. When the credits start rolling while the show is still playing out, that usually mean "The End For Good". Which sucks because there was still one more Final Food Battle. Guess, I'll have to pick up the Comic if I really want to see how it ends.
  17. Yui Loyal Player

Now that the Summer Season has ended, here's a list of Fall Season Anime that starts a few days from now.
    http://anichart.net/fall
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes the titles can blur together, especially when you get multiple seasons of a particular show over time (Familiar of Zero, the various Monotagari series, Tenchi Muyo, To Loveru, etc). Confusion is inevitable with some of the shows. :)

I think the worst one might be the Negima series that were put out. Two distinctly different series with the same characters, and the only way to distinguish them from one another at first glance is by punctuation marks (Negima! and Negima!?).
  19. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Not seen in years. About to start rewatching it. Toboe was my favorite. Partly from back then thinking his human form was cute. And partly from his voice being done by the same person who played Kite in the Dot Hack video games. Iv not looked it up before, but I'm sure it has to be the same person. They sound too similar to be by two different people.

and the show had such a great theme song
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

aww yiss new Gundam.