Solo leveling & missions in the 20s

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stardrive, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Stardrive New Player

Without going into a ton of details about a crazy real life schedule and other issues, I need some general advice on the thread topic.

I'm recently returned and I'm running into the same issue I had when I was playing before. Up until about level 24 there's more than enough missions on hero and villain side to keep toons leveling rapidly. By the time you hit 27 though, there are (or were) fewer missions and the final bosses are tougher too (making it a bit harder to run solo).

DCUO gives most of it's XP from mission finishes instead of combat too, so street sweeping like in City of Heroes is impossibly slow. Any advice for clearing those last few levels SOLO and getting to 30 and all that end game gear?
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

You can actually reach level 30 BEFORE finishing all the higher level content (27-39). Make sure to do all the lower side missions, que up for alerts and run those a few times, do some legends. You should hit lvl 30 whith several missions still in your journal.
    • Like x 2
  3. Trees New Player

Just start the harder missions and while in the open world parts find someone else doing the mission, group up and simply beat the boss together. It won't feel like such a big deal anymore!
  4. Stardrive New Player

I *try* to do most of what you mentioned. :)

I hit the lower level missions for all three mentors, but I do lose track of Wonder Woman's missions after rescuing Wonder Girl. I haven't made a magic toon yet so the WW's missions won't update for me after rescuing Wonder Girl.

Main thing I'm missing / skipping is the alerts. Guess I'm worried that being essentially a new player people won't have the patience to put up with me figuring out the flow of each alert.
  5. mgkaenzo Committed Player

You can take lots of xp with the race and briefing there s also buster gold mission who don't need any skill.
  6. Darth Loyal Player

If you had kept up with all your side missions, briefings and collections while leveling you would have no problem getting to 30. I am assuming you missed that stuff. If you have already completed your explores, your best bet is the alerts. They aren't hard.
  7. Mont New Player

get as many collections.briefings etc as u can, my toon was level 4 before the 1st mission, all the barrel busting n safes n starting over on the ship 5 times, before 1st mission, know where the briefings are , i know where 2 are hit them, lvl 4 2xp 4 sp had both my TK n tendrals before 1st mission, i made lvl30 still had(have spector mission boring ghost busting save it till later) 1 mission to go, with experiance in how to do higher levels i get them done get my marks n armour n boom up again,
  8. Sgt Forge New Player

xp booster.
  9. Owl Devoted Player

10. SoylentBob New Player

That's why you need to just log in and stay by the safehouse , killing Brainiac Subjugators...

To reach 30, you need to kill 65,340,285, which should take 7 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours and 20 minutes, giving 3 hours a night to sleep. What do you say, guys? You can jus... you can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

Seriously, low-end content is easier and pays out XP.
    Hop on someone's Bizarro beatdown for 1234XP (and 40 Renown).
    Ask to group with a nearby toon on the same mission.
    Request to be let into a mentor-specific mission; there are plenty of low-level ones.
    Farm Temple of Crime for the Batcape or SciPD for Cyborg's Cannon or Metro Station for Giganta's Bloomers.
  11. Devilman New Player

go farming for blues and green marks, run races. I just made a villian, and i still haven't finished the last like 3 or 4 missions and I am about to get my first T1 peice.

Honestly, just try to get to 30 before you finish all the quests, then get the PVP gear, It will hold you until you get your T2 PVE gear.
  12. xxxDOMINOxxx New Player

Fun fact. You can get to level 19 without doing a single mission just by collecting all the open world briefings and investigations.

Do all the races and booster gold stuuf as they come along. Easy experience points.

What I usually do with new toons is complete all the bounties. You can wear all the rewards regardless of your level. I think Killer Frost rewards lvl 33 Shaman feet. You may have to do some bounties twice to get credit. You'll get the feat first but have to do it again to get a reward.
  13. xxxDOMINOxxx New Player

Also, once you get to lvl 30 you can walk into Khandaq and get a 77.9 weapon from the chest and you can get the briefings and collections without fighting anybody. This will help with those lvl 30 missions.
  14. Adonais Crux New Player

I just repeatedly run bounty missions
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A lot of good advice here already.

My pattern is usually this:
    • Run the mission series
    • Run all the side missions for that series
    • Run any races I come across
    • Run the Booster Gold kiosk missions
    • Hunt down ALL investigations and briefings in the area I'm running a mission series
    • Run the bounties as they open up
    Some of them link into one another. For example, on the hero side you don't get any actual missions in or around Metropolis University, but taking the Booster Gold kiosk mission for there gives you the chance to hunt down the investigations and briefings in that area.

Following that pattern, though, I'm usually able to hit level 30 by the time I get to the Batwoman/Temple of Crime mission set, and this is without boosters from the Marketplace or group missions. And if you already have a level 30 character, you can use the old one to collect either the Voodoo or Necromancer gear and a weapon so that your new level 30 character has a good start.
  16. Stardrive New Player

Long time getting back to this one. Those who replied deserve thanks though.

I was doing about half of what was suggested, but honestly in a fairly half arsed manner. Now that I'm focusing on the entire game and not just the basic mentor missions I'm having no trouble leveling between 25 and 30. :)