Season's Greedings and Gifts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Season's Greedings

Season's Greedings for 2017 with new Base Items, Feats and Styles!

Larfleeze is back! Find and recover the stolen gifts in Metropolis and Gotham City before it’s too late! Look for “Yuletide Fear” (Villains) or “Winter Plunderland” (Heroes) in your Mission Journal. There are also wondrous new feats to be found!

New Feats!
    • Rogue Leader
    • What's Cooler Than Being Cool?
    • All Of The Lights
    • He's Checking It Twice
    • Jingle Bells! Batman Smells!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Larfleeze’s greed can’t be satisfied so he is taking advantage of a heated battle between the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps. Look for “Ring in the Holidays” in your Mission Journal. Players must complete “Yuletide Fear” or “Winter Plunderland” and “Season’s Greedings” in order to receive the “Ring in the Holidays” Daily Mission. Each day of the event, look for “Season’s Greedings” and “Ring in the Holidays” in your Mission Journal to complete the mission and earn Holly Leaves.

Don’t forget to shop at Skeets’ Workshop to get the latest winter clothing, holiday goodies, and festive base items!

Classic Holiday Gift Tree (December 11)

Get into the holiday spirit this year with a little something extra. Starting December 11, 2017, check the “Redeem/Claim” tab of the Marketplace for a special base item – the “Classic Holiday Gift Tree!*”

[IMG]

Once you have it claimed, put this wondrously festive tree in your base and mark your calendars. You will be able to interact with the Classic Holiday Gift Tree once a day from December 11th through December 22nd, each day receiving a special holiday gift package.

Gift packages will include Marks, Holly Leaves, or other special presents, in addition to a unique collection item specific to each of the twelve days. Collect all twelve, and you'll receive a REALLY special present and feats to mark the occasion.

Miss a day? Don't sweat it. Prior days' gifts will be made available on the seasonal vendor for Holly Leaves, for alts or for anybody who might get too busy to log in and open their presents day-of. Tree and gifts claimable once per account.

Happy Holidays!

*The Classic Holiday Gift Tree must be claimed by January 2, 2018. Gifts must be obtained by interacting with the tree daily from December 11-December 22, 2017. Each day's gift begins and ends with daily server restarts at 4AM PT (US) or 4AM CET (EU).
    • Like x 9
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So is the christmas light aura in the pic the fairy light aura from the collection? Or a different aura?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That is the fairy light aura, from the gifting tree.
    • Like x 3
  4. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

how do you get the aura??? collection drops??? ran 5 toons so far and nothing.
    • Like x 1
  5. GutoRomagnolo New Player

Will have any promotions?
  6. MiLady Well-Known Player

I hope the collection drop from the tree is not random.

Of the 5 new feats, I only see the last 3. These 2 feats are not listed in the Seasonal feat window.
    • Rogue Leader
    • What's Cooler Than Being Cool?
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You can find them in the styles category :)
    • Like x 2
  8. recoil Committed Player

nope. it says the collections are bound specifically each to a single day of the twelve. of course this also means if you miss a day you'll have to find the collection on broker. shouldn't be a problem unless account bound.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I figured the event would be starting soon but it kind of snuck up on me this year and probably quite a few others. I imagine its because of DLC 30.. Its still pretty new and a lot of us have been very busy on Earth Three... By the way I checked today and on that earth.. Larfleez IS Santa Claus :D

With no new content .. other than a couple feats and of course the new styles and furniture there just wasn't a whole lot of chatter here or in game leading up to its arrival today. I MISSED the hot fix message last night so my "notification" was logging in and seeing the advertisement on the Log in. I have yet to do any missions but the gear (new style) looks great.

One small request for next year.. PLEASE find some thing else to give us in the vault runs .... Between the armor and the Nth Metal that are dropping now I run that thing daily with as many alts as i play that day.... Today I have already had five on line... and i am sorry but i just can not deal with any more Giant Ice Cycles or Slushy Piles of Snow..... I got one glittering star that i emailed to an alt that will use it .. the rest? all went to the league hall and got donated at 3 prestige a piece because I HAVE a lair set up like a winter wonderland and have no need or desire for more.. and you can not sell the things at a vendor.. and i can NOT imagine they will sell for much at the broker. LOL We've had winter events every single year since the game began.. surely there must be some other furniture you can have drop in the vault?

Other than that one small "tiny" "really not big at all" thing everything looks fine .. Happy Holidays all
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

How does the gift tree works? I mean we will get always a new collection or we will get duplicates too?
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You'll get a specific collection each day. If you get one from each of the twelve days, you're set. If you miss a few days, the items will be on the seasonal vendor for holly leaves.
    • Like x 2
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here is the relevant part of the announcement above
    So when you interact with the tree each of the 12 days, you will get a collection unique to the day. So they do not duplicate. You also get a random other item from the sound of things, but are guaranteed the day's collection piece.

Also:
    So you will be able to buy the collections off of the vendor after the day the tree gives them, in case you miss them or if you want the aura on multiple characters, or possibly to sell (if it isn't account bound, or non tradable).
    • Like x 2
  13. RCMPenguin New Player

I don't see any of the usual decorations up in Metropolis or Gotham. Are they yet to come, or are we not having a festive open world this year? If it's the latter, I'm going to be really disappointed.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They are late. They are on the way.
    • Like x 5
  15. Quantum Rising Committed Player

16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Any reason why the promo shows new CC glasses and yet they are not in game? Pretty confusing. And i know for sure they arent the old dull metal version.
  17. Nemisor Committed Player

ahh hold up. whers muh holiday music in met and gotham?

this isnt funny guys, i only logged in today to listen to my music
    • Like x 1
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I hear they Drop in the Event. Not Seen them Yet However
  19. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

The tree isn't up in my Marketplace for redemption. Is it not there yet, or is this a bug on my end?
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

2 marks for the plans after buying the style? just why? also: 5 motes per style? *sigh*
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.