RoboCop versus Terminator

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Darkerusaelp, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Termie: even if he loses, he can just go back again, before Murphy became a tin-bot cop and splat him :p
    • Like x 2
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I would say Terminator because Robocop have the superman syndrome, and The Terminator will kill him no matter the risk or loss of life it took
  4. Dynagirl Committed Player

[IMG]

Robocop!!! This was settled back in the 90s with him creating an army of robocops and going back in time to destroy the earliest form of Skynet.
    • Like x 4
  5. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

[IMG]
    It's amazing for a comic book event that happened so long ago to still be relevant today. The creators of Epic Rap Battles of History and Death Battle must have did their research or like us grew up when the comic and videogame were popular.
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Robocop was close to getting a NC-17 rating for violence back in the day. The original Robocop has 22 kills, the original Terminator has 32 kills but most of those are civilians while Robocop mostly killed armed criminals.

Robocop does protect the innocent but he also is a take action first kind of lawman.
    This is how hostage situations are handled in future Detroit.:D

Spoliers, Mature Language, & Violence:

Edit: Btw, is that Melissa McBride (Walking Dead's Carol) in the grocery scene?
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In comparing the two, though, Robocop went WAY over the top with the violence. Murphy's execution scene alone goes far beyond the violence in the original Terminator, never mind what happened to Emil. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes it does look like her, was just going to post that, and the robber kinda looks like a dark haired Chris Pratt, maybe his dad?

Yes, the Robocop movie was more violent, but that was to set up the premise for having the Robocop character (POO)

**** like the riots in Furguson and other places is, POO, why we need Robocop now: a machine that has explicit codes that physically prevent harming innocents, that way if they do take action you know the scum deserved it
    • Like x 1
  9. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Robocop wins vs 850 or older models loses to 1000 or newer models.
    • Like x 1
  10. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I think T-X would definitely give Robocop major problems, but the problem with the T-1000 is that it's primary weaponry are blades it could be a stalemate until Robocop's energy is depleted or T-1000 takes too much damage and begins to malfunction like in T2.
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. John Brawler Committed Player

robocop almost got murdered by a japanese android with a katana he just lucked out that he was attacked in the same place as his alternate attachment parts in i think the third movie something tells me t-1000 would be more then enough to do even worse considering he's practically indestructible, fast, and agile.
  13. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I'm generally staying away from the Robocop sequels and TV series as canon because they weren't very good.:D The original Robocop took heavy damage from three 20mm guns in the chest at point blank range from the ED-209 but survived, in the battle with Boddicker a ton or two of I-Beams and scrap metal was dropped on him from a significant height. It pinned him down but his armor appears to have held up despite already being heavily damaged from the ED-209.

The T-1000 is malleable and very hard to damage, but in a T2 deleted scene I think it was shown that there's a breaking point to how many times it can "reform". The scene shows the T-1000's foot involuntarily turning into the grated floor as it was walking, it was suppose to be a sign of it malfunctioning before the final scene to explain why it couldn't recover from the grenade blast.
  14. John Brawler Committed Player

canon does not work like that. it's not "i don't like it so it's not canon" besides if you remove the sequels then robocop is even more screwed because his only weapons are his semiautomatic pistol and the spike he uses to download data and anything else he'd have to find first.
  15. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Simple, shoot robocop in the neck, and one wins.
  16. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Shooting him in the neck won't be easy even for a sniper. His scanner points out where all targets are hidden in seconds.

The newer RoboCop could definitely outrun the newer Terminator.
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Tell that to Star Wars and Disney... ;) Sarah Conner, Kyle Reese and John Conner did alright with "low-tech" weapons. Robocop's handgun can also fire three round bursts and carries 50 rounds per ammo clip, coupled with his accuracy that equates to a lot of damage before he even reloads.

That's a huge problem for the original Terminator since a handful of its kills are from flat out missing its intended target and shooting bystanders. I think we have to remember that "Terminators" were mainly for infiltration, gathering intel and assassinations.
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

If this were real, Terminator would crush Robocop. Robocop came within a whisker of being killed by Boddicker and was dismantled by Kane, mere humans. In order for Reese and Sarah to take out the T-800 it took a ton of luck to be near a machine shop and if it weren't for a cage, even with no lower torso and missing 1 arm he nearly was able to kill Sarah. Also, Robocop still has human parts. A perfectly placed shot to the head would kill him. I don't care what comics can say about the subject. To imply otherwise is simply fanboy nonsense. The T-800 Terminator is pretty much impervious to bullets which is all the weaponry Robocop really has. Terimator would eat Robo's lunch plain and simple.
  19. Vyltran Loyal Player

Wait, robocop can't win this battle..

I will go with terminator... i'm really surre those comics are giving robocop some fight benefit which is quite impossible..

I could simply travel through time and give robocop some smashes whenever i want..