RETURNING TO DCUO! DLC HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by raaddd, Oct 5, 2015.

1. raaddd Well-Known Player

Im returning to DCUO after a loooooong break. I need help on which DLC I should buy. The last DLC I bought was Home Turf years ago. Now the question is, which DLC should I get next? Origin Crisis? Sons of Trigon? War of the Light pt1? Do you have to have the previous DLC to have full access to the content in the next DLC? Basically, can I skip an Episode and will it impact me in any way? Im CR 87.
  2. YinChakra Dedicated Player

The best DLC is Membership :)
    • Like x 5
  3. Owl Devoted Player

War of the Light I contains 2 4-Man Operations and 1 8-Man Operation.
    Minimum CR for the 4-Man Operations is 84.
    The 8-Man Operation drops Item Level 90 gear.
    The vendor gear from War of the Light I is Item Level 90 gear.

Amazon Fury I solos require a CR of 99. Vendor gear is Item Level 92.
    Halls of Power I requires a CR of 100. Vendor gear is Item Level 94.

A full set of Item Level 90 gear from War of the Light I will get your CR to 103.
    • Like x 1
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

At CR 87 I would suggest War of the Light 1 get get you to 99. You get 90 gear drops from A and B, and you can buy IL 90 vendor gear. I still see some occasional AnB LFG posts, but not much for Origin Crisis raids.

At 99 get Halls of Power 1 for 94 raid and vendor gear. Also some 93 Op/Alert gear will get you to 106.

At 106 get Amazon Fury 2. I think they may have lowered the CR to 105 after GU 47, but I'm not sure. The solo there gives you any pick of IL 98 gear you want (or need). People still get marks for the Throne raid, so you can get 100 gear and a quick 10 marks for that.

At 113 you can buy Episode 15-17 vendor gear. Most duo partners can solo the Ep. 15 duo, so you can quickly gear up via 112 and 116 drops there. You can buy the missing vendor pieces from ep. 16, and you are likely to be kicked from any alert with low CR unless you have friends or a league. You may just want to wait and see when you hit 113 if you should buy 15 or 17. If you have a few high CR friends by 113, just buy 17, run the duo with high CR friends, and buy the 15-16 gear from the vendor if needed.
  5. SasquaT Dedicated Player

in this case yep then when u get max cr (in one week ) u can buy only new epizodes :)
    Free to play yours way !!!!^^
    • Like x 2
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

Tbh membership as cr does not involve mlds anymore and ur cr skyrockets. In a month id be shocked if ur not end game and from there u can buy new stuff as it drops which is now monthly.

As a t4 and prior player u will have no issues other then what gear is where. I sincerly feel ull be way better suited using legendary to catch up and really sure ull be there after a month. Good luck and hope u enjoy ur return
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Get membership for a month or 2. That way you can have access to all the DLCs and catch up to the Episodes. Once you have caught up to the episodes, at the end of your membership you can choose to buy the episodes for 4$ a month or continue legendary.
    • Like x 1
  8. raaddd Well-Known Player

Hey all. Thanks for the comments. I took everyones advice and got membership for the FIRST TIME EVER. Been premium ever since I started DCUO back in the day. Honestly, I feel like I am playing a new game because I am able to do things I was never able to do back in the day when I was only premium. For now I just got the monthly membership and will seek other options when my membership is up. I was still a highschooler and didn't have a job back then when I left DCUO. LOL! But now its all good! :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

Things you should know.

More skill point slots. Each weapon has a Weapon Mastery aka WM. Use 20 skill points in desired weapon and the 2 other weapons named in your main's mastery requirements. 21st skill point in WM slot. 63 points in you will have Cross weapon option found in main weapons skill tree. Pop that cross over move and a power has chance of hitting very hard.

PVP...your old gear is trash. Will need to start over...yeaaaa blah blah. You should know the routine required to getting gear if pvp is your thing.

Mods...Type 5 HAHA...Type 7

Generator mods I lair. Use these to get bonus stats. Found as drops and a few vendors.

Hall profeciencies....I know I spelled that wrong. Leagues use this to boost league mates stats.

Hope that helps you start understanding some of the changes.

Oh and AM Advanced Mechanics...look it up
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Only War of the Light 1 will let you proceed to T6. With the gear you can reach CR 100, even just vendor gear.

Why?
    • With Origin Crisis you'd have to rely on the rare raid drops and I'm not even sure that there is a full set of gear that would be enough to advance. The vendor gear is very low, (85 I think?)
    • Sons of Trigon will make you 98 (vendor gear is 86, if I remember right). Not enough to proceed beyond T5 - of this I am certain, because I calculated it a few weeks ago.
    So, to reach T6a you have only War of the Light 1, because no other will get you CR 99 (for AF1) or CR 100 (for WotL1 and the other T6a Episodes).