Retreat!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SparklingMayo, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Why is this fundamental tactic so harshly punished/discouraged in DCUO.

Batman does this quite often, so does superman, and hey the lanterns are like the french with it.

So why isn't there a disengage for all hero/villain types that return normal movement speed to regroup and recuperate?

The revamp and balancing of powers has returned some the original difficulty to the game but not the anti movement speed de-buff.

Yes this is an old topic...
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I like the movement escape SCs. I think it would be cool if each of them had a counterpart that was a regular ability, with the same movement effects but without the self shield.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No way. Been thru that. I know everyone doesn't PvP, but one or two of us still do. This was changed so it can't be abused in PvP. Before change speedster + healer = OP.
    • Like x 4
  4. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

I agree. Honestly I've always wondered why this was implemented. I mean there's no way an add should be able to hit me if I'm moving at supersonic speeds. And let's say somehow the add is able to hit me, why the hell am I stopped if I'm already 30 feet away from the target. I'm obviously not trying to fight so let me be on my way. I understand in instances, and I get where the guy is coming from in regards to PvP, but it's kind of dumb to be running through Gotham and being stopped by a level 5 add lol. I'm pretty sure the devs can think of a way to deactivate this in PvP while keeping it up in PvE. If not I honestly don't think the fact that it was made for PvP really justifies it considering only like 0.000000001 percent of players play PvP. The majority shouldn't have to "suffer" for the minority. Just saying. However it'd be ideal if it could stay as is in PvP for the 2 of you that still play lol.
    • Like x 2
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

sometimes... just have to retreat

[IMG]
  6. Surtur Well-Known Player

People that live in a Constitutional Republic ie.... The United States beg to differ.
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

"PvP" is the standard answer to that but it's been several years since then and we know the devs are capable of separating ability effects between PvE and PvP nowadays. Obviously this shouldn't be allowed anywhere near PvP.
    • Like x 3
  8. Streven Dedicated Player

Funny but you better teach people some basic civics since most won't know what a constitutional republic is.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Actually I'll disagree whole heartfully. Have you not seen what the revamp did to LPVP? Changes to PvE and PvP are not separate. No clue where your getting that.
  10. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I do :) And it's a wonderful thing :)
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just because they can doesn't mean they do, obviously :rolleyes:

Complete agrecian about this: you are flying twenty feet above the ground at Supersonic, no way any mob of any level on the ground should be able to hit you let alone drop you out of Supersonicing
    • Like x 2
  12. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Good point, I don't like PvP. I want full speed in PvE phase.
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I didn't say PvP and PvE are separate by default, now you're just twisting my words. Besides, Legends is something else entirely and that's an awful example when we're talking about player powers because Legends don't use player powers. We've already had shields doing different things in PvP, heals and damage scaling differently in PvP, Tanks have completely different mechanics in PvP.
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Definitely annoying. So many times I just stop, turn around, kill the ad to death (Yeah, killed to death), and I'm like "Fine, you really want to die I can make that happen since you want it sooooooooo bad". I never understood the logic these ads have. So you just watched me destroy 15 of your pals within a 3 second period, and you think that you are going to take me out alone? For reals?

I understand why it was done though. Because no one leveling up would ever have any hardships. They would just run away before they were going to die. Still yet. So effing annoying. What blows my mind is how some of these races I have to beat (for those feats we now need) are right in the middle of a warzone. So here I am just trying to race and I'm stopped in my tracks by ads. If this couldn't be established for races then I have little hopes for PVE as a whole.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ok, sorry. Not trying to twist anything. Maybe your not aware. The revamp of the weapons had effects on Lpve weapons also. Catwoman and cheetah are now the only goto toons that you'd want to bring in there. Mechanics are one thing, but to break an entire system without ANYONE knowing is bogus.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Reality, yes, comic book video game, nah. Lol.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Oh I'm aware, and to be honest it's beyond me how they overlook Legends weapons every time. All I'm saying is that the tech to separate PvP and PvE exists. For the purposes of this thread I think it's fair to make the assumption that this tech would actually be used to avoid breaking PvP.

So to get back to my original post, let me rephrase it: I'd like to see non-SC movement escape abilities that do something else in PvP (I'm open for suggestions here)