Raven Bounty

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johnny0276, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

So I got to Gotham Wastelands. And I shouted out asking if anyone wanted to group up for Raven bounty. In which no one answered in chat. But two players did show up on the field and started fighting Raven. So I jumped in and by the end of the battle I got nothing.

I waited around for a little while longer. And two more new players showed up and started fighting her. Some of those players got the rewards. And I of course got nothing again. I had it selected in my journal. I mean what's up with that?
    • Like x 1
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I guess it's a bug. It happened often for me with hawkman and hawkgirl, had the mission selected in my journal but not updated. Being in a group seem to fix and always work but they should fix it so it works even if we are solo.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I believe that the credit goes to the person who inflicts the most damage on the Bounty. If that person is in a group, then everyone in the group passes. That's why you don't get the credit. You need to group up with the people who come to help you.

I believe it's a provision to prevent people from just standing around at a spawn point, getting credit for something they didn't participate in. But I'm not sure.
    • Like x 5
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

There's a damage threshold - if you don't contribute enough, you don't get anything :(

The best option is to find a group....sadly I fully understand the difficulty in doing this.
    • Like x 6
  5. Wildboy Committed Player

My understanding of the way these group bounties work is the amount of damage contributed. Too little, and no reward. I'm not sure what level the twosomes were whom you described, but if they were both, say, T6 going after the Corrupted style for the feat, their damage may have completely dwarfed what you were able to contribute.

Maybe some others can chime in on the bounty mechanic because I try to get all those feats out of the way as soon as the content drops. 'Specially now after GU 47 and the introduction of stat erasure.
  6. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I noticed that too. But no one wanted to group up. After the second failed attempt I just left. I mean it works running solo against Sub Avatar in Gotham. You still get the loot whether you are in a group or not. But not so much with Raven in Gotham Wastelands.

Well actually...the first attempt. I couldn't find the Raven mission listed in my journal. But it showed up on my screen Defeat Raven's Evil Soul Projection. I thought maybe I needed to update the mission from Donna Troy. As I flew half way back, I stopped and checked my journal again. And there it was. But still nothing by the end of second battle.
    • Like x 1
  7. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Try LFG to teamup. You did the right thing in shouting it out, but if you phrase it as "can someone help me with Raven", usually a good Samaritan will help you even if they weren't planning on battling raven initially.

When I see shouts for raven I leave it alone, since I leave it to those who need it (which I dont). But if someone is needing help, then I go help out. I know it's symantics, but it does go a long way
    • Like x 5
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Same here.
  9. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I couldn't see their CR numbers. We were not grouped up. I was able to do decent damage against the psychic projections but it took some time for my individual character to chip away at Raven herself. Probably what happened then.
  10. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

It's usually hit and miss in Gotham Wastelands. Some groups I was able to get the entire Corrupted set for some of my alts. Other times, bupkis. I still try to help those that need it even if I don't. Because I know what a b**** it can be when you need that gear, mark or feat and no one helps you out.

The villain side it's even worse. I am actually quite amazed when I run into +100, 110, 120 villains. Here I am stuck at 98 with my current villain character for I don't know how long now.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

You have to get a decent amount of damage on raven herself to get substantial credit. Otherwise be in a group.
    • Like x 1
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

Was the second battle shortly after the first? Did you use replay badges to unlock the mission again?
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

if your on USPS villain side add me in game

Average DPS

I'll help you farm her for the gear after servers come up in morning :)
    • Like x 1
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

eh way I look at it is this, ppl constantly complain theres not enough ppl at end game or even in this game (on USPS villain side anyways) yet they never take it upon themselves to help anyone but themselves lol

yes I haven't helped alot here lately but you know if I see ppl actually in LFG asking for help with something I will offer my help idc what its for, and I will even drag friends in on it lol

sure I dont need raven or anything below NGN/HH as it stands but I run it if I see someone asking for roles.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not long if you hit me up tomorrow morning JS
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

Getting that high on PS server as a villain isn't that bad. On the PC it is a little tricky. You are just at one of those hard to break out cr points.
  17. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

For the MOST part in this game, when fighting ANYTHING YOU have to cause 10% of the DAMAGE to be able to get CREDIT.

BOTTOM LINE: IMHO i think you might have been undergeared for the OTHER players and they caused MORE of the DAMAGE then YOU which in essence kept you from earning your REWARDS.
  18. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

If YOU can find me YOU can ADD me as a friend and PLEASE just send me a TELL asking what YOU need and i'm willing to HELP.

BOTTOM LINE: At first READING YOUR post i thought the 2 OTHER PEOPLE were in fact my lesague mate and myself, BUT then i realized that i did send the other guy a tell then grouped up so it was not you after all. LOL.
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

If you're on usps villain side I'll help. My 3 main toons are in my sig. Just add me. Also have a 93 Cr alt that needs it. Anxient Onyx.
    • Like x 1
  20. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

So after starting 2 new villain characters, trying to level them up. I returned to one of my hero characters. I made my way to Gotham Wastelands and all the missions from Constantine, Zatanna and Cyborg were reset. Only when I got to Donna Troy I had to pay to reset. I thought it was daily as well? Also was the reset price always 24? I can't remember. Thought it was 12.