Op collections....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Jun 23, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

They are not dropping. This need to be looked into
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I got three between Wednesday and Thursday, two of them sold and I collected one. They are dropping. Random is Random. Some days RNGesus blesses you, other days he forsakes you. Praise be to RNGesus.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  3. Simon Phoenix Active Player

Ur right they aren't dropping,its always something with these devs.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I got one 30 minutes ago out of 5 characters.
  5. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Got an OP collection today off the first boss of JFA on my first run of any content all day.

Next.
    • Like x 3
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Got one of the Stash collections out of the War Torn Village daily box today.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I got one half an hour ago from opening the daily Paradox bounty reward box. It was Back Piece collection. Praise be to RNGesus.
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Anyone who disagree, name one time the devs released anything that made money and kept the rng the same?
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

3 days ago i opened all 3 daily boxes on my atomic toon and got one in each box. Next day on that same toon i got 3 more from running the alerts. But i have another toon that has gone 21 days w/out 1 dropping. Ive also received 2 in the same alert run on my main after going 5 days w/out seeing one.

Anyone who says the drop rates on these werent changed from AF3 is not paying attention imo. And when people run alts through content it raises your chances. More bosses=more chances, on average. This isnt a hard concept to grasp. How exactly is it random if a certain item has say a 1% drop rate for example? Thats not random in my book. That is configuring the % so 1 specific item will only appear once out of 100 drops on average.

Plus some of the OP collections only come from certain bosses. Example, grundy tattered pants. That piece only drops from grundy in US. Or ultra humanites fur only comes from him in the alert. While other pieces can come from the daily boxes or any of the bosses. Obviously these have a higher chance to appear because they are in more loot tables ;)

Random :rolleyes: Random would be every item in the loot table has the same chance to appear. As soon as the %s are tweaked so 1 item drops way more or way less then others its no longer random. Many RNGs out there fall short when it comes to really being random or "true randomness." Because they have been configured so certain # combos come up a lot less then others. When ya roll an 8 sided die all 8 numbers have the same chance to appear. Thats random. If there is human intervention so the #7 appears less or more its no longer random ;) I suggest some players take a look at how RNGs work and what true randomness is. Also if there is a pattern then its no longer random.

Definition of random is made, done, happening, or chosen without method. The devs even tell us when it comes to gear drops green is common, blue is uncommon, and purple is rare. There is a method to that and therefore means it cannot be random. A random number generator may be used but its not truly random. ;) Obviously the collections are dropping. How often they drop is what people are concerned about.
    • Like x 1
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I went the entirety of this update playing the max content, and it wasn't until I had completely lost faith in RNGesus that he shows up and blessed me. Twice. Both times it was from the AoJ Loot Cache boxes. Not sure which mission it was because outside of the Core Elements there is nothing in there of any use to me. So as a result I generally run everything before I bother opening them. If you are still forsaken I suggest you build an alter to RNGesus within your base, worship it daily, say your prayers, eat your vitamins, and drink a gallon of holy water every hour on the hour. Thine blessings shall cometh.
    • Like x 1
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Well it looks like they're dropping so... close thread?
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The random in this case is not the drop rate...it's in who's on the receiving end today, tomorrow, two days from now etc. A couple of days ago I got four pieces amongst 3 toons, meanwhile pitbull has seen none. Unless I was chosen specifically by someone sitting at a keyboard, there has to be some level of randomness to that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What does this have to do with the thread? You said Op collections aren't dropping asking the devs to look into it, and other players commented confirming they're indeed dropping (for them anyway). No one said anything about changed drop rates for cash grabs.
    • Like x 2
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

there is nothing "random" about the drops...
    • Like x 1
  15. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i got one worth 20 mill dropped that sucker in the broker for 18 mill... drop rates could be improved though
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It has everything to do with it. Someone telling me that got 1 yesterday or 3 today have nothing to do with my post. I know someone who once got a Phoenix material and then the rare collection for material back to back. I use the post you replied to as proof.
    Fyi I know they're dropping because they are in the broker. Anyone with sense know I Don't mean they are literally not dropping
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Still it sounds like you're basically complaining that you aren't getting million dollar items as often as you'd like. Welcome to the club. Yes, someone may have got two cool things back to back but likely after getting 50 crap drops. That's why those items are worth so much money. If everyone got one every day they would be about as valuable as the collectibles within the War Torn Village.
    • Like x 2
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Anyone with sense knows you only come here to complain about silly things, make empty threats. But that's your business.
    • Like x 2
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I run 15 toons through the dailies. That's 2 weeks worth of runs for a player with no alts. I should get at least 2 a day. Sometimes I go 3 days without 1. That's 6 weeks worth of runs.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

How can I threat anyone across a forum? Op collection rng is silly? Tc? Content around replays? 3 combat revamp in 4 years? I could say somethings about you, but I won't
    • Like x 1