Now Available: Starro the Conqueror! [Major Event]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

STARRO THE CONQUEROR

Starro the Conqueror is DCUO's new major event, available to all players level 10 and up. Plus, Members can play a special end-game version of the raid AND get bonus rewards in all instanced content. For more information, read the Development Update.

LAUNCH DAY

Then, ever wonder what it is like at the Daybreak Austin studio on a launch day? Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes? Watch this video and see for yourself!

New Event: Starro the Conqueror!

An ancient terror, which has bided its time for years at the bottom of the Arctic, now rises to threaten our world as Starro invades DC Universe Online for the first time! Heroes and villains alike must band together and resist its influence before it’s too late! You’ll need to fight your way through this alien invasion, from the chaotic streets of Central City to an isolated Atlantean Research Outpost in an effort to discover the source of this invasion and how to stop it! You may even find some of Earth’s most powerful allies are suddenly its most lethal threats, thanks to the deadly influence of Starro’s mind-control. This is an all hands on deck event. The fate of the planet depends on you!

Starro the Conqueror features new daily open world missions, a new duo, a new alert, and a new raid with a special version just for Members! Earn new feats, discover new collections, and fight for new gear inspired by Starro and more! To get started, look for Starro the Conqueror! in your Mission Journal, once you have the required Level of 10. Members also get access to an extra Treasure Box in the duo, alert, and raid!

[IMG]

New Open World Missions – Starro Deluge Zone!

Starro is expanding his reach into Central City, spreading his spores from the river and taking over the city’s citizen! Explore the area and join the resistance against Starro’s unflinching control.
    • Go to the Headquarters and find the teleporter to Starro Deluge Zone
    • Four new daily missions and two new weekly missions!
    • Minimum Level: 10
    [IMG]

New Duo – Spreading Spores & New Alert – Starro: Invasion!

Venture forth into various locations to uncover the far reaches of Starro’s influence and face off against the most unexpected of enemies!
    • Queue for Spreading Spores & Starro: Invasion in the On Duty Menu!
    • New Feats!
    • Member Access to extra treasure chest!
    • Minimum Level: 10
    [IMG]

Starro: The Thread Below 8-Player Raid and Members-Only Raid

The Justice League has intel that an Atlantean Research Outpost is the source of the recent Starro Invasion. Join Aquaman and investigate the Outpost!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and queue for The Threat Below under the Events tab.
    • Raid – Open to all players, plus Members-only treasure chest available!
    • Member Raid – Members only!
    • Minimum CR: 185
    • Suggested CR: 189
    [IMG]

New Gear, Collections, Feats and More!
    • Earn a new event currency: Spore!
    • Unlock a new gear and style set inspired by Starro!
    • Discover several new collections, a Starro-Tech Aura, and a Starro Spore Aura!
    • Plus base items, feats, and more!
    The new event is now available for all players level 10 and up. It's up to you. Starro must be stopped!
    • Like x 4
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, Its here
  3. BumblingB I got better.

So, where would I acquire a Starro mask? :O
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Why is the members Starro raid locled if you run the regular Starro raid ?
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Could you provide a screenshot by any chance showing what you are seeing?
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

The treasure box is the only thing locked.
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It says I'm loot locked from the 1st Subboss and the tresure box
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks. My understanding is that the treasure box is the member bonus only for non-member content - so it shouldn't be in or displaying locks in the member raid at all. The team is looking into it.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Hopefully it's fixed before tomorrow's reset day. That will put players who don't spam replays ever further behind
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Arctic.

Loved the video! Y'all should do more of these. It was hilarious!
  11. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!! (except for the stat clamping)
    • Like x 2
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Any idea if the shared loot locks on the regular and members raid will be fixed by tomorrow.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's nothing actually shared - it is a display issue. You are not intended to get a treasure box in the member raid. We will fix it for tomorrow.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Tomorrow. Guess the none replay spammers will be behind even further taking in the fact replays are needed to finish.
    Players have to wait until next year hoping new feats aren't added....
    • Like x 1
  15. LustingPower New Player

This is what happened to me when i did the raid. I have Legendary Membership

Did the Non-member version got dropsfrom the 1st and 2nd boss as well as the treasure chest.

When i did the members version of the raid i did not get a drop from the 1st boss. I got a drop from the 2 nd boss and there was no treasure chest.

Is this how it suppose to be? Cause i thoughtthe 2 raid where not supposed to be tied together.
  16. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The Aquaman fight is shared because me and a league member that ran the reg then the members raid didn't get anything from the fight
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

I beat Kid Flash like three times in CC and didn't get credit. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, thanks. We are investigating.
  19. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Ah. Well I guess that's a relief. I was in a group that was having a hard time with the member raid, and we were all pretty angry we didn't get a treasure box. I am sure you will be receiving some tickets as the guys that got super angry didn't stop talking about it lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Bugs

If we have henchmen, robot side kick, accomplice, etc out and we get mind controlled, our pets stay 'purple' while we go back to normal.

While we are mind controlled, we are still able to get healed so trying to hit a 'red' teammate while they getting healed is contradictive.

While in an opposing faction and 'you' are transformed like a 'bug healer' and die, you have to quit because you can't do anything as everyone is 'purple'.