Now Available: Notorious Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Universes collide in the new Notorious Time Capsule! Dropping in-game today, this and all Time Capsules can be unlocked with Stabilizers. Stabilizers are earned in-game or purchased in the Marketplace.

If you’re looking to learn more about how to get, open, and use a Time Capsule - or what is in previous Time Capsules - check out our helpful guide!

NOTORIOUS TIME CAPSULE

The Notorious Time Capsule features a mix of out-of-this-world gear, styles, and items inspired by the heroes and villains of Earth 3, the alternate universe where good is evil and evil is good. Each Notorious Time Capsule contains one sub-capsule (more on that below) and items from a general list of rewards, including Quarks (Rewards from Time & Space vendor currency), Soder Cola Ultimates, R&D Exobytes, complex materials, collections, and more.

Keep reading for more information on all the new sub-capsule rewards!

Visitor's Gear Capsule

[IMG]

Inspired by Earth 3's version of Lex Luthor, the "good" Alexander Luthor, this set of high tech armor will get you ready for interdimensional travel. Each gear piece has a chance to drop in each Visitor's Gear sub-capsule. When consumed, the pieces will become level-appropriate to your character. If you want to trade them, be sure to do so BEFORE you attune them!

Additionally, the Visitor's styles can be upgraded into the Enhanced Visitor's styles, with more detailed texturing and some incredible energy visuals built in. Enhanced styles are created using R&D recipes and the motes found in this Time Capsule.

Notorious Emblem Capsule

Earth 3 is ruled by the Crime Syndicate, an evil version of the Justice League where these "heroes" use and abuse their power for all the wrong reasons. If that's your kind of thing - I'm looking at you villains - you can represent your support with the emblems found in the Notorious Emblem sub-capsule. Look for emblems inspired by Ultraman, Superwoman, Owlman, and many more.

Collect them all for special feats, and remember each emblem can also be upgraded using motes into enhanced, emissive versions.

Notorious Collector's Capsule

[IMG]
    [IMG]

In the Notorious Collectors Capsule, we have collections that work towards two new auras (the Umbral Storm Aura and the Crimson Kryptonian Aura - Hands), and a shiny new material: Chrome!

NOW AVAILABLE!

The Notorious Time Capsule is available and dropping now in-game. Log in and unlock yours today!

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Join the discussion below.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Umbral Storm Aura looks nice. Will need that on LQ.
    Otherwise, meh. Even more meh now TC gear doesn't contribute towards the feat needed for OP Collections to drop.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

If the TC gear doesn't contribute to the Syndicate Sense feat, I won't be participating in this round of capsules.
    • Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

Just added the Kryptonian Aura + New Mat to my lists of stuff to get, Looks so awesome.
    • Like x 1
  5. blazingevac New Player

The fact that you removed the ability to get the syndicate sense feat just kills it for me, I won't buy any stabalizers this round.
    • Like x 8
  6. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Same
    • Like x 4
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

NOTORIOUSLY GREAT!!!

(I mean, seriously. Did you read the OP thread? LOL)
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

is the chrome material color locked? Didn't watch the livestream last friday
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I DID watch it and still have no idea, they didn’t say. There was something else they also forgot to say... >:-(
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll only attempt to go after it if it's not color locked, otherwise it's a waste
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

[IMG]

In the future it seems, there's only one chrome tinting :)
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

They should make all materials color changeable. I stopped going after the negative speed force material because it was locked to red.

I stopped my frequency on opening TCs because not only is the stealth material stupidly priced at the quacks vendor, but I believe its also color locked.

Putting the call out that they will release different colors of current materials in future time capsules, shifting over to put them in future booster bundles, or a new chase loot box. :rolleyes:

Void Material is best material.

Odd topic: What does the opalescent material look like? pic anyone?
    • Like x 2
  13. MF Reaver New Player

Idk if that feat works right , still didn’t got a complex crime scenes riddler since dlc 29 was started
    • Like x 1
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Please put the syndicated feat in the TC Gear:)
    • Like x 4
  15. GL4ever Well-Known Player

Personally, the only thing I see myself going after are the emblems. But that's just me.
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

It is color locked.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Welp, looks like another capsule I'm ignoring
    • Like x 3
  18. Kal El New Player

Esto de las capsulas debería de parar ya ¿por que no poner ese material completo en el catálogo para canjearlo con todos los personajes que no tenga nada que ver con proezas, en lugar de abrir con estabilizadores que consigues cada semana, 3 o 4 días o que compras con dinero como las llaves de las cajas de prometium y rezarle a Dios, Buda y Mahoma para ver si te sale esa colección para el aura, esa parte de armadura para la proeza o que mas deseas (o que por lo menos escojas que parte de armadura quieres como el de Avatar Bombardero que se compran con qwarks) y que te sirve para un solo personaje? como se echa en falta mas auras y trajes alternativos como el de Harley Bombshell en el catálogo y los que pueden poner a la venta en el catálogo los prefieren meter en las cápsulas y abrir con estabilizadores. Y en cuanto a los emblemas los hubieran puesto en carreras en los mundos libres de los DLC.

[IMG]

Me hace acordar esta situación con otro juego de DC (aunque ese es mas generoso), y el minuto 17 del video pasa exactamente con las cápsulas:

Los juegos de ahora no son para que un jugador se entretenga, son para ver cuanto le pueden sacar y como verle mas la cara.

PD ¿Para cuando emblemas de la JL?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Me too. Very disappointed that the last time capsule had the Batman Rebirth emblem and yet this one (released in line with the Earth 3 Crime Syndicate DLC) gave us a new look for Superman but didn't give us his Rebirth Emblem.

I don't see myself spending any money on stabilisers to open this one either.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

well that sucks.