No Venom Wrist As Prec???

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by JeremyRodger, Apr 3, 2020.

1. JeremyRodger Active Player

So... hear me out... I have some friends. They fall under the category of super tryhard dps's. Noone beats them like ever. They were telling me not to even bother with venom wrist as a prec dps. They dont run it anymore. They just use strat, trans, and grim... Now i know what youre thinking.... what a waste! I thought the same thing and then went onto the test sever to try it out for myself.... WTF I do about the same damage without it. Some parsers higher and some lower... Can anyone tell me why this is?? Is that buff from venom so minimal that its actually viable to spec into prec and not use venom wrist??? Why am I actually hitting the same numbers as I was when i used it when i now have replaced it with another art that basically just gives me free damage and applies my PI's for me?
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yes, after the nerf because of the massive whines, venom isn’t really that good anymore, so yes, In conclusion, you can use either or and get similar results
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The 2 must haves are trans and strat. The last slot is grim, VWD, or philosophers stone depending on power
  4. JeremyRodger Active Player

interesting. people are saying there is going to be another nerf as well
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Which doesn’t make sense, all because of st dmg? It’s ridiculous, but that’s just “he say” anyway
    • Like x 1
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

who knows but i wouldnt get rid of it if you already have the VWD at 200

i still get mixed reviews of whether you keep flurry shot going until phase dodge is off cooldown or do you refresh your weapon buff no matter what. but i wouldnt be shocked if you see little difference after the nerf to vwd regarding whether grim is just as good. especially with the trans and strat
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think that depends more on the power. Some powers have good 12 second abilities especially if you have enough sp to have 100 in might. In those cases refreshing at 12 seconds might be better
  8. L T Devoted Player

It's no longer MASSIVELY OP. It's still good though, especially if you got the free boost.

I'm guessing doom spin will be nerfed, or things will be made to block more in content. Dual Flurry might take a hit also, so be it has so much going for it, and since everyone is still doing it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Doom spin can’t
    since the bosses in elite are immune to melee damage I don’t think it should be nerfed, at least not massively. Doom spin and flurry are the only reasons why people run prec, so if you nerf those combos you’ll essentially make a certain play style completely non existent. They’ll have to rebalance weapons before they nerf flurry or doom spin, and release another prec artifact for additional damage control as well.

P.s. I run other weapons with prec, haven’t touched doom spin at all, and I’m getting competitive damage lol!
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

Yup I feel it’s dependent on the power as well I know on my alt I have better consistent numbers once I continuously do a flurry shot and only clip the weapon buff when phase dodge is off cool down.

My numbers become lower when I worry about refreshing the weapon buff as soon as possible there is no animation Within my power set that’s quick as a phase dodge Clip or let’s say a turret clip like gadgets has so I’m just better off continuously going until I can clip everything With phase dodge again.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not only that, but also in actual content if you get interrupted you might as well reset it too.
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

Any of you end up for the Strat, grim, trans for prec? If so are you seeing any major difference from the venom
  13. L T Devoted Player

I don't think Doomspin should be massively nerfed. But I see people use it ALL THE TIME now, and I never see them getting countered. Not in raids. Not in duos. Not in alerts (though strangely I don't see it too much in the alert...). Doomspin is fine as long as things block and interrupt you fairly frequently. If that doesn't happen, it's massively OP-- which is probably why I see so much of it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There is a strong CC element to it as well for duos. Enemies are defeated before they can react.
    • Like x 1