Need More Costume Recommendations for a Specific Sinestro Corps Member!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Once again, let me start by thanking the community for the help you've given me in the past when trying to create certain characters. :)

Today, I'm following up on a suggestion another player gave me a few months ago. My next DC Universe Online character is going to be.....

TEKIK, the robotic member of the Sinestro Corps!

First off, some images of him:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

First things first, here's the Styles I've already figured out so far:

SKIN: Robotic
    HEAD: Death's Head
    CHEST: Disciple of Parallax (eventually, but until then I could use ideas available at Character Creation)
    WAIST: Disciple of Parallax (but at Character Creation will probably be Chevron)
    HANDS: Disciple of Parallax or maybe Sinestro's Banded Gauntlets (will probably be Power Reinforced at Character Creation)
    BACK: Gadgeteer (whenever I can obtain it)

But where I have no clue is the Legs and Feet. They're going to be the trickiest. Are there styles that will make them look robotic? Yes. Will they look anything like the way they're drawn in the comic? Not on any styles I've seen. :(

For the Feet, the Cybernetic style (Cyborg's New 52 boots) will look okay until something better can be found, so I'll be getting him those as a placeholder.

So, fire away some ideas, guys & gals. As always, you have my thanks in advance for any ideas you can offer. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I went ahead and created him tonight. Just as with my version of the Green Lantern Stel, I found myself extremely frustrated by the severely limited selection of styles available at Character Creation, especially if you're trying to make a character that's either robotic or wearing powered armor. But I made do with what was available as best I could.

I'll have a picture up by sometime tomorrow. I also haven't read enough of the stories with him in them to know what kind of weaponry he favors in the comic, so I gave him Hand Blasters. Simple and effective.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Fresh from Character Creation, here's Tekik Version 1.0 (as with Stel, it'll take some time to acquire the Styles necessary to make his appearance look more like in the comic.)

[IMG]

Here's the styles I started him out with:

HEAD: Death's Head
    CHEST: Flexsuit
    HANDS: Power Reinforced
    WAIST: Chevron
    LEGS: Contemporary Tech
    EMBLEM: Turtle

Just as when I created Stel, I'm frustrated by the fact that even though I've used the Robot Skin, the various Style items available at Character Creation still have an obvious humanoid musculature underlying them, so it's very hard to make a robotic character that actually LOOKS like a robot until you've acquired various high level Style options. :(
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As I continue to investigate ways to improve Tekik's look, I have a question: Have any of you tried using an Emblem with the Sector Incendiary Chest? Does the Emblem display? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. :)
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

On a female character the emblem you choose displays on the circle in the center of the chest. I don't have it on a male character, but I assume it's the same.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

On male it does display on the center metal circle if slightly upwards from the center of it.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

This is one of those moments I wish we had the ability to unlock styles in the character creator.
    • Like x 7
  8. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Alien Tech Feet?
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the confirmation on the Sector Incendiary, everyone. :)

I remembered that before the Disciple of Parallax Styles became available, some players used Sector Incendiary to make a Sinestro Corps Uniform. Since it uses mostly metallic textures, it would actually be a better look for Tekik. Done right, it looks pretty awesome:

[IMG]

So, I think I may end up going that route for him as well. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, quick and dirty preview for a taste of things to come... Tekik with the Sector Incendiary Chest Style is definitely going to be the right way to go:

[IMG]

Updated "Shopping List" for Styles:
    Still deciding on the last 2. For now, the feet are the Cybernetic Boots style I just got for him. :cool:
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And here's Tekik 2.0.

[IMG]

Decided to deck him out with Chest, Legs and Boots all in the Cybernetic Style. Cost a pretty penny in the Broker, but well worth it to make him look more robotic. Since my characters pretty much always have gloves/gauntlets on, I never realized before that the Cybernetic Chest has those awesome arm bands that are pretty much exactly what Sinestro Corps members need! :cool:
    • Like x 1
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

I will continue the monitor the progress of tekik 2.0.
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And Tekik has now been upgraded to Tekik 2.1! I just completed the Survival of the Fittest 2 Briefing and earned him the Gadgeteer Rocket Pack Back Style:

[IMG]

As I've been unable to find artwork from the comics showing his back, I based the coloring on the front views shown in my first post, combined with what looked good to me. The main body of the jet pack is silver, with gold fins and black exhaust vents on the sides.

I'm not crazy about the blue flames when he's flying, I would've preferred it if the game would've made them yellow for Sinestro Corps members, to match their power, but there's nothing I can do about that. :(

And now it's time to start farming Marks so that he can eventually have the Sector Incendiary Chest and Waist Styles, and the Sector 3601 Hands Style.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

So, let me ask you this: Have any of you seen any Foot Styles that look similar to this one:

[IMG]

Just curious, as I quite like the robotic look of it. Stumbled upon that while looking through an online album of science fiction art.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

Some artists draw Tekik's costume in a way where it appears that the yellow/gold "starburst" markings of the Sinestro Corps Uniform are done as an almost poncho-like piece of fabric worn around his neck. There is now a Chest Style that gets close to that look, the Ascetic Chest Style:

[IMG]

Unfortunately, it doesn't match up to the look of the Sinestro Corps "starburst" as well as the Sector Incendiary Chest Style, but IF I somehow obtain this for him BEFORE Sector Incendiary, this might end up being used as a placeholder. :cool:
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

What of something like this?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Very similar to what I was thinking, except I will be using the actual Sinestro Corps Emblem, since I have one for him. What Legs and Feet are those? :confused:

Also, have you ever tried the Disciple of Parallax Waist Style with that Chest Style? :confused:
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

the feet are the department of corrections style,the legs are star ex.I can't use the Disciple of Parallax Waist Style since its my hero,and i cant use the sector 3601 hands on my villan.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That should change once Style Unlocking happens. It's odd, though. I thought the only restriction on Sector 3601 was that those styles were for Male Characters only? I was under the impression that Villains CAN get them. Otherwise, Tekik won't actually be able to get that Hand Style, but I'm 99.99% certain he can.
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

To instill fear is to instill order, OUR ORDER! LET THOSE WHO STOP WHAT'S RIGHT, BURN LIKE HIS POWER, SINESTROS MIGHT!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2