My new Fire dps LO's

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Original Cryo boy, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I posted in the fire guide but I'm bored at work and looking for discussion lol.

I tested the meteor throw and its actually fires hardests hitting move. By itself it can hit 3 targets for 50k with 22k might. Usually around 40k. Fireburst hits for between 30-40k and mass det between 25-35. So that lead me to testing different loadouts prioritizing the meteor.

If I run the rotation me and Khaos had been using, with my current might, of fireburst-inferno-mass det-wildfire-fireburst-mass det- wildfire I'd get 18.5-20.5 dps.

If I instead go meteor throw-fireburst-mass det-wild fire-meteor throw-fire burst-wildfire I'd get 20.5-23.6 dps.

The part I really liked was what I found on single target. So taking into consideration that meteor throw is our hardest hitting move and absorb heat is our hardest hitting single target attack I prioritize those with as few fillers as possible. Spontaneous combustion out damages wildfire assuming all 3 ticks go off but has the 6s cd compared to the 3s of wildfire.

So if I run meteor throw-absorb heat-spontaneous combustion-meteor throw-wildfire-absorb heat I get consistent 11.5-12.5k dps and even saw one 13.6 with just 22k might. Theres a few really exciting aspects of this loadout that have me in love lol. For one its a 4 move rotation which allows for you to keep a supercharge and snuffout. So when the boss is below 35% you stop using combustion and wildfire and just alternate Meteor throw-AH-SO.

Your dps below 35% gets even better. Its also EXTREMELY power efficient. I can do 4-5 10s parses without stopping and not run out of power and I only have 30k or so power.

I was really excited to share these with you guys because the damage is amazing compared to what I was doing before.
  2. L T Devoted Player

Yeah the thrown meteor hits for 2 bursts and applies a 6 second DoT. It's base damage is a little lower than fireburst but its power cost is lower.

Heat Vision is probably a better choice than snuff out. I find it very useful to have an extra way to apply burning on a boss.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Definitely Heat Vision > Snuff Out. Snuff is useful, but over the span of the entire Boss fight you would find better overall numbers with HV vs. Snuff out.
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Fireburst trumps Meteor thrown. Base damage is higher. FB is the single most damaging ability for Fire. Meteor (thrown) and Mass Det go back and forth for second, all depending on crits. MD will crit higher and has the advantage at range.
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I know you tested all the fire powers and got their base damage. But are you sure meteor hasnt been buffed since then? I sat at 3 dummies firebursting over and over and tossing a meteor over and over just comparing the damage from both moves and it seemed meteor did more 90% of the time.

I'm not as in love with heat vision as most. The 2 hardest hitting moves are the meteor and absorb heat and if you use heat vision after absorb heat then meteor is sitting there off cooldown. Do you guys jump cancel or let it play out? The only thing that makes me consider it is like you said, having a second way to apply burning within the LO.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Nope. Not sure at all. Also, I think meteor even thrown might be weaponized damage, which scales differently than pure might.

I can retest it sometime this weekend maybe.
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I didn't think it got weaponized but if it does I need to respec immediately lol.
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Nah I play on ps4 and post on my phone. I dont even know how I'd post a video.
    • Like x 1