My current Wonderverse gripe list

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Aug 10, 2020.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

1. The drop rate on the gorgon slayer style items is too high for an old style, this is just inventory clutter

2. The drop rate on the generator mods is too high, this is just inventory clutter

3. The generator mods that drop should be boxes

4. The only useful ambrosia consumable, the breakout one, isn’t usable in the only place it is genuinely useful, the elite raid - the result, inventory clutter

5. There’s only one raid

6. The final part of the alert is horribly glitched and wasn’t performance tested to an acceptable standard

7. The final part of the elite raid last boss fight is currently broken

8. The new enhanced style costs currency to buy rather than being a drop/tradable, who needs a load of 262 gear costing around 140 coins? Really?

9. You don’t get enough of the ambrosia consumables to start thinking about how you might incorporate them into regular play, so why would I feel motivated to participate in this system? I only create them to free up inventory space and don’t know anyone who uses them. If I am wrong, well make them tradable like they were in JLD so they can find their way into appreciative hands

10. You can’t go back to your base or the watchtower to sort your car crash inventory out during an open world bosses farming session for fear of being locked out of your phase

11. The teleporters between open world boss areas crash the game, often then locking you out of your group’s phase for the rest of that rotation

12. People grouped with speed hackers to cheat their way to the elite feats and went unpunished. To people saying ‘report them’ - reports about people grouping with speed hackers are IGNORED

13. People glitched the first boss in elite so that Grail froze and went unpunished

14. The system for crediting players with currency for defeating open world bosses is inconsistent and unfair, somehow they have found another way to discourage support roles

15. The number of secondary currency coins required to obtain an elite weapon for each role, the catalysts for the OP head and the 12 generator mods is preposterous and out of proportion with the bounty feats - as if killing 475 open world bosses wasn’t enough

16. You need to complete the elite raid six or seven times to earn full renown and yet somehow kill a particular add 50 times for a feat, so let’s spend a whole day queuing into a raid, killing the first few groups of adds and then disbanding then shall we?
    • Like x 11
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I agree with some of them... in that yes I get there is a full-on grind to be done one time... but once you complete that grind acquiring second and third items should be less strenuous... whether it's for dual roles or for alts. I'm not going to ask that these grinds be completely removed but rather that we get some consideration if we're going to play alternate roles and alternate characters (e.g., a zero point feat that, when replayed on alts, reduces the cost of the items the same way replaying the feat for a style or the OP item halves the price of the items in their vendors).

That said, in talking with some people we came up with theories why this DLC has so much grinding to it...
    1. It's backlash for all of the people who overplay a DLC the first week it drops, complete everything in two or three weeks, and then complain they have nothing to do (kudos to them for NOT doing it with the aid of a speed hacker)
    2. It's backlash for all the people who (purposely) ride along with a speed hacker to do the above... for whatever reason
    3. Extending the time to drop the next DLC... because at this point the next DLC will drop in the November-December time frame... and what launches then? PS5. This will allow them to do some testing with developer kits and developer releases, since the claim is that the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 code.
    Unfortunately, this extended grind in the cases of the first theory this is NOT something DBG/DI is responsible for. This is the players and their need to do it all "right now." With regards to theory 2, this is a DBG/DI responsibility in that they need to quash the speed hacking, but not their responsibility as with theory 1. The more interesting one is the third one... because it's actually a lot more forward planning on DBG/DI's part and kudos to them for that... but a lot of this grinding will become difficult at best to do once a new DLC drops in several months.
    • Like x 3
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

To your first point. If they didn't have players test out the dlc ahead of time, it would extend the dlc a bit. When players already have a road map in front of them it is quicker and easier to get to the end.
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yep. Very valid point. To that effect, several people I know long for the days when the developers and other DBG/DI folks would be rather active in the game, even if you didn't know who they are because they're playing on a character with some name completely unassociated with them. If there is one thing that this whole pandemic has done, it has caused some of the internal QA folks to sign in to the game from "the outside" because they are likely working from home or some other remote location and practicing good social distancing. :)
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I never complain about high % drops for anything that can be used at some point, so I'll have to disagree with 1 and 2, the more drops the better.
    3. Agreed
    4. I never liked this kind of consumable. In my opnion it's a waste of resources.
    5. Yep, if they can't make it so we have 2 raids+the bounties in the future, I'd say it's better to let the bounties go, even more if the raid has just 2 bosses. If it was a raid like Olympus, Gom, HoH, NGN, DWF, ToD, then fine, but that's not the case here.
    6. I know how hard it is to get all the bugs, if the reason was the lack of testing, then yes, it's dreadful, but if it is something related to the live servers only then I won't blame them here.
    7. I have yet to see they getting elite right in the first weeks, but it's hard to blame them here as well, there are too little players on test to skill check elite, so in my opnion it's better if it's unbeatable/glitched than a cake walk, as long as they fix it in time.
    8. No comments here, I'm fine the way it is.
    9. See 4.
    10. Phases are a issue but it's not as bad as it was last time, I think it'll be fixed with time.
    11. Never happened to me, so, no comments.
    12. Idk how there are so many speed hackers in endgame content, most of them might just use Cheat Engine, since I've never seen anyone talking about a advanced DCUO cheat. It's a shame the game can't detect such tool right on the login screen like most games.
    13. No1 ever got banned for exploiting AFAIK, even that elite & comp guy who exploited every single piece of content never got banned for it. Last time I remember seeing a punishment for exploiting was back in ToD, but even then they just took the pieces people dropped from the last boss.
    14. Yep, it's bad, hope they get it right with time
    15. They should make it so you only need to get this gear for 1 role and the other role + alts is free or a lot cheaper.
    16. I'm fine with feats like this, but they need to think about the future when making them, you'll hardly find a group to do the secondary objectives feats in ToD for example, the same goes for that sacrifice one in UM
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

No Lorax, I didn’t glitch Grail. I can link you to a video of me beating first boss legitimately at the beginning of this week while the glitch was in place if you like. What a childish question. Like I’d be complaining about not being punished.

As for the speed hackers thing - I don’t know if you read what I wrote correctly, I said that people who GROUP WITH speed hackers go unpunished. I don’t need to justify that comment - it is a fact. I know of several instances of complaints and lists of names etc just being ignored. They do punish the actual hackers but not those who group with them. I’m not bothered whether you accept that this is what happens or not, to be honest. There are enough people in this community with their eyes open to what is going on and to the devs’ inaction. We have a community manager who does not even respond to substantive complaints about cheating of this kind.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Just delete it, not that hard.

With them not being in boxes the drop rate is to ensure people get what they want, just delete them, again not hard.

Haven't found it necessary, pretty much filled my generator with .3's until I get .4's.

Agree

Agree, the gear should've been 272.

Agree

You don't have bank bots? I don't really have an issue with this, at most you lose out on one cycle and can usually re-phase at murk.

Haven't experienced

People should be banned if they're caught cheating, running with a speed hacker unless done repeatedly probably isn't an offense, but obviously if someone is repeatedly doing it there's an issue.

To start with I found issues, but it's got better as they've tweaked it, you only have to do some damage on the main primary target to get maximum level credit. If you're in support role I recommend ensuring you're using your weapon to do damage, hitting orbitals and back ups and you'll always get maximum credit outside of extraordinary circumstances.

Disagree, those items are chase items, they're the same amount of marks as always and in fact the OP head is now outside of the mainstream mark grind making it somewhat easier. The stat difference between .3 generator mods and .4 as well are largely insignificant. There's nothing wrong with it, it's only daunting if you're trying to do it all in a week.

How is this different from before?
    • Like x 1
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

How is it different from before?

Name another example of a feat in an elite raid with a counter that requires 50 runs.

Which do you think is good game design:
    a) running an elite raid 50 times just to kill 1 add after 5-6 minutes
    b) queuing an elite raid, running in, killing an add after 5-6 minutes and disbanding, repeating this process dozens of times

Or perhaps you have your own unique and compelling vision of how that feat is meant to enrich our gameplay experience that I haven’t thought of.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

My question was rhetorical. It's not your account so how would you know if they're being punished or not?

I do know for a fact that they do punish the people that run with speed hackers. My league had to cut ties with one chick who got caught running with the same speed hacker. She was put on a two week probation but didn't speak about it until half way through her punishment, we all put her on ignore.

And it's not Mepps or anybody at daybreak's job to tell us who was caught or if/how they were punished. If it's not our account than it's not our business. Periodt.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

You’re missing the point. If a member of the community makes a complaint about cheating, it absolutely, 100% IS their job to acknowledge the complaint and pay people the courtesy of a response. I said that complaints are ignored and I know for a fact of complaints from myself and others being ignored - so we will just have to disagree, but then, this is a thread about my gripes, I’ve explained and justified it, there’s not law that says you have to agree that it’s a fair gripe. Sue me for wanting basic customer service and zero tolerance of cheating in a game I devote so much of my spare time to.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Whenever I file a complaint against another player it's always acknowledged. I always get an immediate response from a GM. So I don't share your viewpoint on that and I guess we will just have to disagree.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

What if I told you people have run ZOOE and DME more than 50 times and not obtained the back up trinkets

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

I answered your question, that is not a counter that requires you to run the raid 50 times, it’s you equating a counter to rare drops.

That would only be a like for like comparison if it was set up some way so that you had to have run it 50 times to be eligible for the drop.

I’ll also assume that you think one of a) or b) is good game design, well, bully for you, I think it’s just poorly thought through, and may even be adjusted.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The point I was expressing is that the prospect of having to run a raid 50 times or more isn't out of the ordinary for this game, I agree neither are necessarily desirable really, but they're chase items.
    • Like x 2
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

That’s fine, express away, but I know dozens of people who have the dark robins, I know far fewer who have run DMe 50 times. This is because you have a chance of the drop every time and because we are dealing with a rare but tradeable drop. I also suspect (but do not know, so please, no point scoring) that if you complete DMe the chances of a dark robin drop are a little higher than 2%.

It’s a bit different to this counter feat, which I feel is poor game design, for reasons I’ve explained, and after all, this is a list of my gripes. You can create a thread about how you don’t have an opinion on it either way, I suppose. I’m unequivocal,

I think the metric of 50 kills is way over the top, especially when you look at how few people will be running that raid with a view to actually beating it. It reminds me of people shouting for ‘DMe cards only’ as they weren’t good enough to beat the actual raid. Clearly the card game should not have awarded renown. People will end up shouting for groups to farm that add and disband and requeue. What a nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

When the items are accessible to lower-than-required-CR folks via event level, these items can only scale to 262 instead of 272. This is in line with how the purple drops in the normal/elite instances will scale to 273, but if you buy them from the vendor they only scale to 263... so unless they create dual versions (one that has a minimum CR requirement), it's easier to do it this way.

Given what's been revealed recently I suspect they are taking a long, hard look at this. It certainly is an exploit of sorts and is designed to circumvent the play requirements by doing an excessive amount of damage in a short period of time. And yeah, once in a rare while things will happen that are not your fault... but when you are seen to repeatedly be running with someone who is doing it you should lose all of your ill-gotten gains. DBG/DI will have to do some deep investigations and make some decisions they probably don't want to do about this... but in the long run when they finally do take some kind of action it needs to be rather harsh on the repeat offenders. Their actions directly impact the tweaks to difficulty that the developers make after release. Their actions are part of the general complaint after 2-3 weeks of people having nothing to do after they've "completed everything in the DLC." Anything to these regards is not going to happen tomorrow or even next week. It's probably 2-4 weeks away, and hopefully will include safeguards to prevent speed hackers from doing this again.
    • Like x 1
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

But this DLC is different. For the last 5, 6(?) DLCs, that purple vendor gear was the same style as the purple ‘best drop’ gear, and the enhanced version of the style was a style-only drop item.

This DLC, the style-only drop item is a recycled style set from 2016 and the purple gear is the enhanced style. This means endgame players have to buy a full set of otherwise useless gear to complete all the style feats. That’s not a positive step; it adds to the grind by pushing endgame players into buying gear they have no use for, and it also means the purple stuff on the vendor can’t be used as a kind of second chance vendor for the purple drops.

For example, Birds of Prey. Somehow I managed to get to the end of that DLC without dropping a full set of purple gear on any one toon. I was able to spend 20 Lex Coins on the vendor to buy the back to finish the set.
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Right... but both the regular and enhanced styles are available to the event-only players as well... same as they were in prior episodes, only now there's no need to wait on a blessing from RNGesus on the enhanced style piece ... you can just buy it outright. It's also not all that expensive to get the entire set.

As to the purple drop set from this DLC, I'm still waiting to get two of the pieces. Purple drops... at least for me... have been so infrequent that they might as well be vendor pieces that I'd have to buy... and that includes the rings, neck, weapon, face, and utility belt... not just the 8 styled pieces of armor.
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s not massively expensive but it’s 140-something vendor currency required for something that has been either a free drop or obtainable from the broker in previous DLCs. I see this as an unnecessary and annoying change, particularly as the enhanced style has been shunted on to the vendor in favour of a style I grinded to obtain nearly four years ago, hence it’s one of my gripes. 140 DLC currency would normally buy you something like a cool vendor reward. It’s not the end of the world, I accept.