Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

St. Patrick's Day Seasonal Event!

At the end of the rainbow, you’ll find nothing but trouble if Mister Mxyzptlk has his way!

From March 15 through March 28, 2017, the infamous trickster from the fifth dimension – Mister Mxyzptlk – has returned to Metropolis and brought plenty of seasonal hijinks with him. It is, once again, up to you to stop him.

Look for “Mxyleprechauns!” in your Mission Journal, and then head to your HQ and speak with the mischief-maker himself. In addition to all your favorites from previous years, he’s brought two new feats along with new base and style items, including the magically deeee…lightful Enchanted Aura. (It looks good enough to eat!)

But that’s not all! Mister Mxyzptlk has some interesting items stocked with vendors, including a speaker that plays tunes sure to get your dancin’ shoes warm, and a House Leprechaun who grants a daily task – “The Runaround.” Complete it, and be rewarded with a special Green Prize Satchel!

All heroes and villains who are at least Level 10 can participate in Mister Mxyzptk’s Mischief.

Start now before your luck runs out!
    • Like x 4
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!

(I'm an Earth Idiot)
    • Like x 2
  3. Kaladin Well-Known Player

Oh look, an event starting on my birthday, how nice!
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Why is this event only running 13 days, while others have run for a month?
    • Like x 2
  5. killercomic Dedicated Player

Happy Birthday!!!
  6. Shandirra1006 Active Player

Where does Enchanted Aura drop from?
  7. DarkWalkerBat Level 30

I get 216, 6 coins for 6 base items = 36, 15 for 2 styles = 30, 100 for King Crown and 50 for the Speaker.

But still yeah wtf 10 per day for a total of 140 for 2 weeks? Someone needs their head examined.
    • Like x 1
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What collection gives you the leprechaun ? They both are 100 coins and there's zero info in the description that let's you know the right one . Stuff like this shouldn't even make it off test if basic info can't be added.
  9. Vicious Well-Known Player

There are two 100 coin collections. You missed the "One Nice Emerald" collection that gives the House Leprechaun. The House Leprechaun is the only way to get the rest of the collection pieces for the aura set.

It's a bull**** convoluted system designed to suck more money for little developer effort. I bought the 100 coin collection that gives the Leprechaun and he gave me an item that dropped nothing but garbage.

They did the same thing for Valentine's but I didn't complain because at least they gave us a month to do the dailies and allowed us to at least pick between things we really wanted and things we didn't want as much. But giving us two weeks to get enough marks to buy what we want is a complete mockery. They knew full well that there was no way people would complete this event without spending hundreds of replay badges, thousands of marketplace cash on the ridiculous 50 mark packs they released, or 10s of millions of in game cash to buy marked up items on the broker.

I shrugged off people complaining about the downfall of DCUO for years, and now I've become one of them. This game used to be entertaining and actually used to be about the content. It's nothing now but a currency farm and a money-sink.
    • Like x 5
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

agree....I don't like the new collection system one little bit, and the event should run for a month because of it
  11. DarkWalkerBat Level 30

Whaaaatt Didn't notice that one. Man...I'm glad I have a lot of characters to play this game on. Also noticed there are 7 more base items listed for 2017. So thats 358 in total to get everything from vendor.

:eek::rolleyes:o_O
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am almost done with all my seasonal events:)
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'll get the base items. I can do that in a sitting with my alts, & send them all to my main. that's about it, I think. there's nothing else in it for me. I don't care about auras. it would've been nice to get the collections, regardless of the rewards, because I just like collecting collections, but I'm not getting involved in any more of this bollocks. if other people want to, knock yourselves out, fill your boots as my dear old dead dad used to say, but it's not for me.
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

For some reason this event had always been short (around 2 weeks)
  16. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I actually like how the collections are being made like this, it allows you to get them after the event ends and stacking free buffs is also nice. Now the pricing for a limited time event, thats my biggest issue. But I have alot of alts I use for seasonals and now these new events, so no replaying for me :p
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I don't recall that in the past. If I has, I stand corrected. I was always under the impression the seasonals ran a month.
  18. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Finished spotting Mister Mxyzphk's last night and finished the feat:)
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Where do we find the collection for the enchanted aura
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

A House Leprechaun that costs 100 clovers and then you run around doing a mission you just bought in addition to your LM to "complete" to get an item?

No thank you, I bought the "currency" and then used it to get the Zamaron Love Crystal on the 1st day of the Valentines seasonal and as of yesterday have only received 4 of the "collections" towards that "prize".

4 pieces in 7 weeks, and 2 are duplicates so it will be how long before that "RNG Feat" will be completed?

Not doing it again.
    • Like x 3