Melee,Powers,Mid range, Awesome But how do we stay alive?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Alright So Besides Rage, Fire, and i think ice has some what of a melee Am as well There are other powers as well that can melee and have melee power inside them,

They Also other's have mid range Now i am cool with all this,

Because i am a old player my favorite thing too do was melee Or have the option too range, Right now We have mid range which is okay i guess"

Right now too me it looks like Developers are Making it possible for us too
    melee in the near future, that's good an all but one question that's keeps getting avoid How are we suppose to stay alive in raids?

i know the Healer Role is too keep everyone alive Can't really do that if dps decide too go up too the boss and melee at it now can you? Like i said before i am cool with melee Coming back into the game,

But i am not cool with Healers such as myself getting yelled at or worse" because dps Die like that So my question is How do we fix this?

i don't say take away the ability to melee A boss As a player you should have that option.
    Let Discuss,
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I just want to know, why do you randomly insert " into the middle of your sentences?
    • Like x 6
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

My guess is he is trying to use a comma or a period but his fingers slip. Though it's a pretty big slip considering where the buttons are.
    I Also want to Know the reason For the Random capitalizations.
    • Like x 7
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

The answer is you can't stay alive and melee can't be made viable as content is design now. The problem is the boss add melee attacks need to be made to kill a tank which makes them to strong for a DPS at that range. Shielding does nothing to help this as a DPS does not have the stats for an effective shield. If a rage DPS uses relentless anger to shield him during the melee attack then he doesn't have enough health to resist boss attacks and still dies with his shield still active. If these attacks are toned down so a DPS could be in melee range and not die, then the tank would not be in any danger and content would then be too easy. I suppose they could make an attack that only effects tanks and one that only effects DPS to separate the two and make melee combat more viable. Other than that I don't see any viable option for the melee range.

Reflection is also another mechanic that is not designed around melee. Melee is so slow and cannot be canceled out of easily that when a reflection comes up you end up hitting it and instant death 100% of the time. For melee to be made viable this mechanic would need to be tossed as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Xanoth Dedicated Player

If DPS die in melee it's their fault.

If I'm healing my primary job is keeping the tank alive, not some noob dps trying to melee on a fight they shouldn't, or positioned where they shouldn't be.

If you're healing, don't take **** from DPS that die of their own doing. You're not their mother, you're not there to baby sit them, they need to grow the **** up and play properly.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In every thread? :p Sorry, Jareth I'm not taking a dig at you or anything so my apologies if my question came across that way. Just as someone who has studied the structure of words and grammar it genuinely piques my interest when I see stuff like that as to what the reasoning behind it is. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Your job as a healer is to heal the entire group.
    • Like x 4
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have to agree with pitbullb3. There is no way your focus should be solely on keeping the tank alive, that's just silly. As a Controller I consider it my job to keep everyone powered, not just certain roles. That being said if a DPS dies through his/her own stupidity and then complains that it's your fault then by all means flip them the digital bird as it would be their own fault, but you should still do your best to keep everyone healed.
    • Like x 4
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

idk i just do no reason behind it.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

lol its all good i understand ;)
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well let me ask now How is melee a boss not playing the game properly melee was made apart of this game infact most powers allow you to melee. it shouldn't be just a range game
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

nah the random capitalizations i just do that cause i always have since i was little. :cool:
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Well i would imagine they would change it i mean for example take a look at rage its almost 100% melee base And we got other move's in our Advance mechanics that allow melee, So they might change up in the near future
  14. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I did very specifically say primary job was; tank alive. So if the tank is at full health and I have to chose when to use some cooldowns, I'm not going to burn through them like crazy because someone is in amongst the adds, rather than behind them.
  15. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

HE has READ too many of MY POSTS. LOL

BOTTOM LINE: It probably is SIMILAR to me by trying to EMPHASIZE words by using CAPITALS.
    • Like x 1
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

jJ#$#S Ch4ws$ these are real replys...
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

Don't edit your posts to perfection just cause some poor sods have nothing else to do but comment on some typos on a ******* forum post, im sorry are our posts going to the new your times or something. Is this DC Universe Online Magazine now?
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

well i see what ya mean.. rage is a tank power too.. healers are suppose to stay ranged to mid ranged. for the most part, i get why ud want a shield for melee, frankly i think celestial is quite hard to be good at. if u got it down props. But for a while.. u couldnt even go close to melee on raid bosses when nexus first came out and all that content.. as HL i HAD to use a rifle. but now its way better.
  19. cinnamon demon New Player

Not to mention, you have to press Shift to type " as well xD
    • Like x 1
  20. Solmes202 Loyal Player

And it's the DPS job not to be pig headed, and not brawl when they should be boxing.