Lpve and why players dont do it is because possible nerf

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tsavorentless, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I don't know about y'all but I'd do them but with the quotes from mepps in the past there's just no point.

These take a ton of time but let's say u decide and do it and they nerf them I'd probably throw my PS4 out my window.

There's no incentive if this might happen so either nerf them now so we don't have to waste our time doing them.

Either comment n tell us wuts going on or just nerf them already.If ur not going to now then make a decision and never do it because this has been years in the making and needs adjusted now.

If ur gnna do it do it and if ur not now then don't do it ever.
    • Like x 2
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

I preffer them to do it someday rather than never doing it. It doesn't has to be NOW but at least give us a timeframe of when it will happen.
    I just want a confirmation that it WILL happen and not just a maybe/may/might happen.

To be honest, I don't think this thread is helping to the cause.
    • Like x 2
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't see what would hurt with just working on them right now if you're going to. If it were nerfed then you've already made some progress by starting now, either way if you don't do it you aren't getting anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I just don’t want to do it, but every so often I’ll try. I usually make it through two dragging runs; then I look at the feat and see the mountain left on the count before I get a pay out. I get disgusted and go do something else.
    • Like x 4
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

Honestly, my biggest reason for hating LPvE is because I want to see and play MY toon. I only really play games where you can play and customize your own character, not play as an already existing character from a franchise.
    If LPvE had us play as our own characters, I'd probably have max skill points right now. :p Obviously that's not the point of LPvE but I digress anyway.
    (I do agree with you too! I especially don't want to do it because of the reasons you specified.)
    • Like x 2
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

why players dont do it is because possible nerf , of original post.

... well I was reading that title you answered it in your heading title . There's your answer.

In your other statement, was that you want a response . Will the devs response maybe . Would it changes things but it seems like they not going to change it soon. Not this year.
    :)
  7. Chia Death Well-Known Player

This is why I hate legends too. If I wanted to play as a DC iconic character I'd go play Injustice.
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The idea I originally proposed before LPVE was a real thing was that we would be iconics tearing through the old content like toilet paper - an exclamation point on showing us how the Justice League gets it done. Somehow that got turned into “gotta be a challenge”; so now we’ve got this boggy, unpleasant mess.
    • Like x 3
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

To be honest its a wast eof time eitherway...
  10. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If you don't like LPVE, then don't do it. You don't need the x100, x250, x500, x1,000 feats to have enough SP to be capable in content. There are a lot of 400-plus and 500-plus people that haven't done them.

They're not that bad to me. They're faster than doing them at the standard "recommended CR" in normal mode. I used to think that the Legends were too weak, or that the instances took too long. But then I practiced and learned how to play the characters (Supergirl, Wonder Girl, and Harley Quinn really make things go by a lot faster). The only one that really takes time is LPVE Paradox Wave. But after you do the team-ups and LPVE versions of the instance's feats, you can just take that week off from LPVE.

Why are you asking for them to nerf it, or basically be given the feats? Is this just another example Millennial/Gen-Z laziness or desire for a hand-out? If you want something, do the work for it. If you don't want to do the work, then you shouldn't get it.
    • Like x 1
  11. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I split toons between my 5 characters buying all since Lpve was introduced. The feats are easy knowing most of the how to's from PVE game-play made them easy really. Grind, buy character, grind, etc...same as anywhere in game.
    Far as a nerf don't see the point seems a challenge as is imo.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I wouldn't mind doing it if we had some different maps. But as it stands now, the rewards we get from LPVE are useless without new characters to play.
  13. Myoxz Well-Known Player

You can do the same missions that you do on LPvE, with your own customized character. So I don't understand what do you mean. They give you feat points for using the legends and matching them...they can't give you those feat points if you use your own customized character. And the other feat points that LPvE gives you are the ones you already won with your own customized character..
    • Like x 1
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I like LPVE and like to play it once in a while but that's probably due to having fond memories of playing it when I first started DCUO years ago. Unlike others in the thread I love DC stuff so being an Iconic I think is supercool. Sorry if some players seem to hate DC lore and would rather have their OCs instead. I realize it gets kinda stale for players after awhile but that would've been remedied awhile ago if new Legends were added or at least different Alerts were updated and put in rotation. Obviously Paradox Wave as the last one is the least popular cause it took a difficult EIGHT man raid and made it into an Iconic Four man mission. However if you know the mechanics and cooperate as a team you can get her done. Sure it takes a bit of time but you know some of us play video games to know PLAY. But this seems a foreign concept to some who just want to waltz into content get their marks or loot drops and leave. It's very frustrating being in a LPVE Alert where CR Skippers and AFKers expect you to carry them to the finish line. Which is why today I won't step foot into LPVE unless it's with a League or LFG feat group. Almost impossible to PUG into because as evidenced by this thread most just want the Skill Points for nothing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fixty Active Player

I'm not doing LPVE at all. Its the most boring and tedious part of the game. Sure, I'd like some SP out of it, but the reward is not worth the amount of work into it. Also, I like to play this game, but doing something, that I dont enjoy is just not worth it.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

There's a lot of stuff the Devs could be working on, I'm sure everyone and the Devs would agree that LPVE SP grants isn't that important to other necessary things. Either do what some of us do and get feat groups together once in awhile to get a few feats now and again or completely ignore LPVE and get SP from elsewhere.
  17. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

I would settle for 250 runs for each group, 1750 total.
    • Like x 4
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I kinda get OP's point that IF Dimensional Ink decides to just grant the feats from LPVE to players it'd be a slap in the face to those of us who have grinded LPVE for years. Same with the argument for granting Races and PvP fests for those of us who've put in the work it would suck. However though as OP complains about LPVE it could also appear that those who want LPVE either updated or whatever are hoping that Devs just do that and give all that SP for free. I know a lot of players would be mad at that as in those who grinded and not hoped the Devs would cave in.
  19. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

ok, boomer

• Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

i've refused to do LPvE for over 4, maybe 5 years... i only have 22 completed LPvE feats. i refuse to do it. i am not asking for any handouts.