Launcher will not load

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Ajos, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Ajos New Player

I've read through the forums. I've used the repair option and ran as admin.

Basically you start the program and the launcher appears with black background and SOE logo but never moves past that. Thanks for your time.
  2. Jenadara New Player

Someone had same issue here. Hope that helps.
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Hm, at this point we will need to gather more info so we can further assist you with your connection issues. Please submit a support ticket and include your Dxdiag and Msinfo. Instructions are in my signature below.
  4. SuperDanno New Player

same exact problem here to. very annoying
  5. Ajos New Player

Turns out my antivirus decided all Sony files for DCUO were bad. I went through and change the settings back and now I'm good to go.
  6. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Thanks for the update. Antivirus programs are very selective so sometimes adjusting it to allow SOE games helps. Please let us know if you have any more issues.
  7. cupcakeunleashed New Player

ok guys im going to blow your mind
    go into all the files and such
    find the file launcher-user
    delete it
    YEAAAA
  8. BrotherMutant New Player

9. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Have you tried running the game as administrator?
  10. BrotherMutant New Player

did and it is now working. thanks
  11. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

No problem :) Let us know if you have any more issues!
  12. Ben Burgess New Player

I appear to be having a problem as well, when i start the game it comes up asking if I want to let it make changes to my computer... If I click 'yes' a window pops up saying 'Cant find script engine "VBScript" and then a programme file.' If I click okay then a DC Universe Online window pops up saying
    'LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.' If I click 'no' when it asks me if i want it to make anychanges then it just goes straight to the DC Universe Online pop up saying the exact same thing. And im pretty certain my connection is fine I just dont know what to do!
  13. izzybrown19 New Player

i have dcuo on ps3 an it wont load up at all it just loads an go to lost connection but it works on my other log in names on my ps3 what can i do to fix it
  14. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

15. night wing New Player

when i open the game the window tells me that
    LaunchPad was unable to connect
    need help
  16. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Many different things can cause this error message. Please submit in a support ticket with both your Dxdiag/Msinfo so we can further assist you.

Answer Title: LaunchPad Troubleshooting
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29017
  17. Waldodaman New Player

Hello so I'll go straight to the point, when I download the launchpad from soe it would say nsis error when I try to launch it while if I download the game straight from the official website it would say incompatible version and if I try steam it just says error, I saw the game and I really want to play, I use Windows 8 i5 and it's hp so please can you tell me the problem thank you.
  18. DarthMark15 New Player

So every time I click on the Icon to play the game I get the same message. It says " Launchpad was unable to connect, please check the network connection or try again later." I have tried several times to no avail any thoughts on why this is? My connection is fine.

Please help I am dying to play this game
  19. Tearag12 New Player

When ever I try to download the game files on my PS3 where it's the long part it says that I lost internet connection and need to check it my TV and router are right next to each other but they are in the basement does that effect anythin?
  20. SavageAF New Player

I have this problem on playstation where i start the game and it doing fine then it gets stuck on the loading screen while the launchpad little theme plays