is ice dead again

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by heroofdarknessmaster, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Why don't you ask your mom to run parsers for you and undervalue gameplay, since you can't even seem to play or understand the game basics. If it it is simply about parsers, even nature can match up to the top powers including hard light.

Next time, learn to be respectful and you will be treated as such. It's easy to write trash being trash yourself, isn't it?
  2. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

I have two masters' degrees from top 10 US colleges, I wonder if you can say the same even about your high school.

Forget about education, seems like your parents did not teach you any manners or perhaps you did not learn any.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Public or private schools? J/k with the 3 burst loadout i give it to mental. I think it's mental, ice, gadgets
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

It's easy to say stuff like that over the Internet. Bro I have like 10 doctors degrees and I go to MIT. I'm like a reincarnation of fricking Einstein :p

Haha (sarcasm, before anyone tells me I'm a narcissistic son of a gun)
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Funny enough, Ice parses around 33k-34k on averages for controlled test parses. What makes Ice look better in actual content is the quick set up and overpowered supercharge. So Ice can look great on the scorecard depending on the NPC health and the competition.

But Mental still parses a ungodly 38k-40k average on a regular basis. If you have a Mental DPS who knows what they are doing....they would destroy competition. Gadgets as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Perhaps, you like to joke about your education, I don't. It may be easy to fib around on the internet but that does not mean everything is a big lie. I could post my degrees but I don't want to make my personal information available just to make a point. Believe what you will.
    Anyway, I am done with stupid discussions which don't even pertain to the subject matter being addressed. I am also done with idiots and I hope they stop quoting me or trolling me and stick to the discussion.
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

At some point, you just have to wave the white flag. You can put all the factual info out there including testing results, parsers etc... It still doesn't change what people will believe.
  8. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

I give more credit to game play. In a raid like KCT or BBS, Munitions will perform much better than Mental or Gadgets even with the bugs. If a Munitions guy goes with an extended supercharge mod and full supercharge, he will blow Mental or Gadgets out of water.

So I don't think parsers tell you everything. Anyone can run parsers but none of that tells you anything about a power's effectiveness in a raid which is solely determined by game play and raid environment.

You are not playing your parser against another but playing against another player, and one's performance will make all the difference.
  9. Fies Committed Player

Can you still do a weapon-tap without losing the Ice-AM? If so Ice can easily get to 38+k (without SC)
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I'll tell you this, if the objective was to win the scoreboard...I would do that. But in a scenario where I want the best possible DPS against a boss, I would take a Gadgets or Mental DPS over a Munitions DPS with Extended Supercharge and Big Gun. They are gonna parse better over time, and do more boss damage to beat the raid or instance. You can't big gun a boss. And it doesn't make someone special if they can big gun trash rank adds. Again, I find your comment hilarious. It's like the end of all is the scorecard, when in reality that DPS won't do as much damage against a boss. Parsers are an excellent indicator of boss damage but not the only factor.

You do realize that when there are two equally skilled players....the remaining difference is their powerset potential. How is powerset potential determined? Well, it depends on the NPC health, parse data, supercharges, number of targets hit, and so forth.

You can't understand how damage works if you are gonna ignore parses. It's like ignoring how a building is made and just taking it face value. A building has a whole mathematical concept behind it, a design blueprint, and many factors that are calculated.

In fact, you can point out a scenario in a raid.....and I can get you an explanation through the numbers and why something happens. This is a video game made of numbers and hexes, you can't just ignore the data behind it.

A long duration parser will tell you controlled boss damage. The initial first 10 second parse, will determine add or low NPC health damage.

But yes. You can't ignore what happens in a real time raid but at the same time you can't ignore the numbers behind it. There are numbers behind every thing and I can prove that to you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Ice AM constantly refreshes itself with Artic Gust if all chill effects and or icy fields were established before. Ice can only get to 38k+ with a SC.

BUT, Ice will look fine in a raid due to the adds low health and the quick set up time. So it evens out. And if you have multiple Ice Elementals....it evens out as well and sometimes surpasses.

But in SM, Mental and Gadgets will have an advantage over a long time even over a Ice DPS with Ice Elemental.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Who cares about education over a video game? Like I don't think that changes a thing between people in a game. You and all of us are gamers. We're human and love the game. What you are outside the game, doesn't effect anything in the game in terms of personal interaction.

You pulling out a card like education....is not necessary and not needed. It's irrelevant information.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have to disagree with your last statement, running with great ice dps in league and having an ice toon on test server, ice even dominates in long, drawn out fights, like SM.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I would say

Mental
    Gadgets
    Earth
    Ice
    • Like x 1
  15. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I can say I've seen the same apply but on the other side of the argument. I have seen Mental and Gadgets DPS beat the Ice guys in my league. I've seen other DPS from Success, Elu's group, and Select Few (the top SM leagues) and usually the Mental and Gadgets DPS usually are at the top of the scorecard over the Ice guys.

They all being equally skilled and so forth. In a short 1 or 2 minute fight, Ice will win. In a long 5minute or 15minutes fight, the Gadgets and Mental guys win out. It's the fact, man. I don't know how else to prove it. And I'm not saying this to belittle Ice....it's a terrific DPS power and it can keep up. But the potential with the other two is a tad better.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Then the mental people you run with aren't doing it right.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sure you can prove it. Ice can only do so much damage. Mental has a bug right now where you really only have to use 2 powers and brawler WM to critical mass terr. Gadgets is gadgets, 3emps.

What will be funny down the road, if they ever get around to adjusting both mental and gadgets so they both perform like they are supposed to. People will be crying that ice hits to hard. Lol. Now that's dcuo for ya.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fies Committed Player

Clipping with PhaseDodge into weapon tap should produce these numbers. Mental is clearly better though.
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah go ahead test it out and let us know what you find. I never tried that out myself.
  20. Fies Committed Player

I tested it a few months ago. If PD->Tap still works 38+ is possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.