I'm tired of waiting. When are we going to get proper female styles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Godfall, Green Arrow, Alan Scott, Mid-Nite, Alex Luthor, Batman Beyond, Future Batman, Qwardian, Alan Scott, Captain Cold, Blackhawk, Riddle, Owlman, Johnny Quick, Fracture... I could go on and Im just naming the latest sets of gear / TC / events.

Every style looks way better on a male. Most of the time female styles get:
    - Out of proportion feet, too big or even deformed, no high heels or thigh high.
    - Weapon back styles ported too small.
    - If boots have kneepads, its always way down the knee not at the right place and it looks weird.
    - No femenine forms or cleavege, or skirts or unique masks with hair included on it. Even head styles could include hair like Lashina's head style, or Street style head.
    - Current trend makes female chest way smaller and it looks like a totally different body type if you change chest styles. This is even more notable with newest styles like Fracture, that is supposed to be a tight bodysuit.

After Gorgon Slayer, styles have been too basic for females while always looking better for males. This trend needs to stop, I'm tired.
    I know many of the styles should be the same for both male and female but if females dont get Inspired female sets and the sets dont include female versions of the male characters they inspire on, it gets really boring.

I feel the sets are becoming repetitive when we could get fantastic sets for both male and female if it were inspired by female heroes: Black Canary, Zatanna, Katana, Vixen, Catwoman, Mera, Starfire, Supergirl...
    We only got Wonder Woman/Circe, Huntress/Harley, Raven, Batgirl and Star Sapphire as gear sets in 7 years.

All my characters are females and its bad to be always like a second class player, I can feel the heteropatriarchy and the oppresion by the way EVERY set is inspired by a male hero :(

NerdofPrey, Megzilla... please do something about it.
    • Like x 6
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You forgot Raven (Prideful set is the New52 look for her soul-self) and Zatanna (her look can be created using the Trench Coat and the Göth Tights/leggings from marketplace). But yeah. Where are the super heroine/villainess styles? Why are you creating styles with what appears to be an assumption that almost everyone plays only male characters? Add some more Star Sapphire sets, add some female Green Lantern sets, both have female characters with unique looks, there’s an easy place to start. How about more female Titans related gear? We don’t have *anything* that comes even remotely close to Starfire’s look - not even her hairstyle! At least give us her hair, it’s already in the game and at most needs a tintable texture and a couple of switches flipped in the database to make it playable.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

We've been told that more female styles are coming, but it won't be for a bit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Megzilla Developer

Female styles are coming. They take time to make.
    • Like x 9
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would be happy if they could get the split personality pants to work over a heel.
    • Like x 1
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I hope it doesn't mess up iconic styles for all characters.
    • Like x 1
  7. Megzilla Developer

I have made note to get some pants that go over a heel. We won't revert the existing pants tho.
    • Like x 4
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

even better! hip hugging bell bottoms would be key.

i would also love to see the noble warrior leg style for males as a variant for females. ive seen players make the short shorts work but they arent for my girls. we need a slimline with stars and spangles going down the side. like Donna Troys Wondergirl jumpsuit and Cassies jeans version.

a good idea might be to look into the rare soe live exclusive elvis styles. may not be able to use those specifically but maybe the star studded texture could work for something new.

we need more coctail.

glam wants an evening wrap.

other style possibilities i woud love to see are the possibility of jewels, amulets and special earring...maybe they could be set as a shoulder or face style. some collars you can pair with capes and cape clasps as shoulder styles would be awesome:

i would love two small simple little cape buttons (think mon el) to cover that small gap.

can't wait to see some new female styles.

another short pencil skirt that isnt quite as short as the wall street version would be appreciated too!
    • Like x 1
  9. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind having some styles based on Females, if they were done well on the male side too. The Circe style is a perfect example of both what I would love and not like if it was changed over to male. Future Circe looks great on males. But the Other style (I don't remember their names. sorry) doesn't look good to me..

I think I remember reading somewhere (Megzilla can correct me if I am wrong. Since I think she was the one who said it) That part of the problem with getting styles for female toons is the process that gear is made. It is basically started out on the male form, then "Ported Over" to the female toon. Which is where you get things like the weird knee thing.

Again though, as she has already said in this thread. Megzilla, and others are working on ways to correct this so styles look better on female toons. but my guess is we won't be seeing this effect til later, so some of the styles will still look weird on female toons.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

- Current trend makes female chest way smaller and it looks like a totally different body type if you change chest styles. This is even more notable with newest styles like Fracture, that is supposed to be a tight bodysuit.

^As someone with several armouries with different outfits I hate this so much, being limited to styles that keep my character’s body the same shape/size, because my characters are not supposed to be shapeshifters. It’s getting really hard to mix-and-match outfits -_-
    • Like x 5
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

IMO, ideally, they would alternate between making a new female style that looks really good and fixing problems with an older existing style. Like, say, episode 31 adds one or more completely new styles that are specifically designed to look good on females rather than just the male version tweaked for females, and also fixes problems with one existing style set, and the same with episode 32, and episode 33, and so on until the existing styles are all fixed (or at least the most obvious glaring issues with them, anyway). This could also resolve the magically changing bra size issue at the same time, without them having to put a hold on developing new content to fix it all at once.
  12. Megzilla Developer

I'll start a concept based on the inspiration's gender. A lot of times, it was male-inspired, so it would have to get ported over to female bodies. I've been working with character team to get male-inspired styles to be more flattering on females so it is not a direct port anymore. (Especially addressing the knees)
    • Like x 4
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I just realized that since in the past styles were built on the male body and ported, that’s probably the cause of most of the issues I pointed out on my bug report about the Seraph set. :p
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm also tired of waiting; WHEN are we going to see ALL of the Female versions of styles uploaded to the DCUO Wiki Style Guide, so we can browse all the available styles in pictorial form to find the one we need? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

That's on players. If you have styles that are missing on the wiki, you are free to upload pictures there.
    • Like x 2
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Even on the male style very few pants as in jeans or biker go over some shoes. Most of the legs leave a bare gap or you have to go with feet that cover the legs
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

I hope this is not "damage control".
    Because I cant believe we have to point in repeat here on forums and basically beg to have more female / femenine styles after having 98% of the game styles based on males. One would have noticed by now something is very wrong.
    I understand most players prefer the 20th style based on Batman instead of Black Canary style but come on... to each their own and having some variety is very needed.
    • Like x 2
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

We need also a Gender Token too.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The problem with that is that moment you start to "fix" it, you essentially break it for those who are already accustomed to the way it works now. Perfect example is the Split personality pants on Females. It used to go over the shoes bell-bottom style. After "fixing" it for some other issue, all boots go over the pants instead. That has angered a lot of the fans of the style's original look. So they're not going to spend the resources on older styles to only anger a different portion of the playerbase with unneeded "fixes".
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I get your frustration, but you're not taking something very important into consideration: Their Schedule. Episodes and their arcs are planned far in advance, to get story ideas that work as well as get clearances from the IP owner (WB/DC). The styles, like everything else, take time to plan out and build. While they have been getting feedback on this for quite some time, it wasn't that high on the priority list until they cleared other things that were (like the Revamp and things that were impacted by it...eg; Water).

Everything up to the Anniversary event had already gone through their process before Megzilla started gathering and organizing our (understandably) ridiculously* long list of requests. She's taken and continues taking the feedback to all the right people, but it's not an overnight process. All that to say that we won't see any results until sometime in 2018 if it's possible (all dependent on what they had planned and what can be reasonably changed at this time).

*NOTE: I'm not trying to imply or outright state that our list of style wants is ridiculous...I am stating that the length of that list is ridiculously long, because we want the moon AND the stars, metaphorically speaking. A list of requests that long will take some time to sort and prioritize and get put into action.
    • Like x 2