If you were chosen to join a Lantern Corps, which one would you join and why?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Aug 6, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    After having a lunch discussion with a friend over Lantern lore. I want to pose a question to not only Lantern fans but those that have heard of the different Corps but don't know too much about the lore. Which Corps of the emotional spectrum would you join?
    [IMG]

Green Lantern Corps
    A intergalactic police force dedicated to the promotion of order and democracy throughout the universe. Each Green Lantern member protects a sector and it is their duty to defend it from any possible threat.
    [IMG]

Blue Lantern Corps
    Tasked with bringing hope to a desperate Universe, to see it through the dark times that lie ahead. They are both the strongest and weakest of the Lantern Corps.
    [IMG]

Sinestro Corps
    A mirror organization to the Green Lantern Corps. Its members are chosen from those who can instill great fear and are given Qwardian Yellow Power rings. They are considered to be the evil equivalent of the Green Lantern Corps.
    [IMG]

Star Sapphire Corps

Users who have been loved and spurned or those who have lost someone they love, are empowered by the violet light of love and led by the Zamarons, are given the task to spread and protect love and fight against hate and fear throughout the universe. Mostly comprised of women but there have been exceptions.
    [IMG]

Red Lantern Corps
    A savage parallel of the Green Lantern Corps. The Red Lantern Corps are fueled by the light of rage and roam the galaxy seeking violent retribution.
    [IMG]

Orange Lantern Corps
    Fueled by the Orange Light of Avarice, Greed, the Orange Lantern Corps is dominated by Larfleeze (of course you can always steal it for yourself), who jealously guards his power against all others. The rest of the corps is populated by the stolen essences of other beings given form as avatars through the orange light.
    [IMG]

Black Lantern Corps (Technically you have to be dead to join)
    Composed of re-animated bodies of former heroes, villains and even normal people from all across the DC Universe. They are powered by the corpse of the Anti-Monitor and are led by the Black Hand. They have the power to raise the dead.
    [IMG]

Indigo Tribe
    The Indigo Tribe wield staff lanterns powered by the Indigo Light of Compassion.
    [IMG]

White Lantern Corps (Too OP)
    Formed by The Entity to combat Nekron and his Black Lantern Corps to end The Blackest Night. Currently wielded by the torch bearer, Kyle Rayner. Wills the user to want to live and besides having most lantern powers; it enables the user with various abilities like phasing, invisibility & light refraction, energy absorption, healing, create wormholes, spacial warps, and create environmental playback
    [IMG]
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Indigo, I've always been weird and an outcast.
    • Like x 3
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Green.

Years of service and sacrifice in the U.S. Navy runs in my blood - just as the sacrifice and dedication of the Green Lanterns.
    • Like x 2
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Black, who never wanted to be imortal?
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Very hard for me. I would choose either green or blue.

Green because it's powerful, associated with goodness/justice and I can create powerful constructs. Blue because I don't really have to fight and I can debuff yellow, red and orange rings.
    • Like x 1
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'd pick the White lantern ring it's the most powerful and one of the few rings that doesn't control you to some extent.
    • Like x 1
  7. MidKnight Masquerade Dedicated Player

Black

I'm on vol.2 of Green Lantern at the moment. Was never really a fan of the ring bearers, but after I found a picture of a page in one of the Vol. 4 chapters, and saw Aquababy became is a Black Lantern after Black Manta smothered him...broke my heart. So I started reading them just so I know more about what happened.

[IMG]

But yeah, I'll take Black so that I can spend eternity changing the diapers of a damn zombie baby.
    Plus black is my favorite color. So it's a fair trade I guess.

• Like x 1
  8. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I'd choose red. I am an angry dude so I would have no other choice.
    • Like x 1
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Always got to go with green. It's the original and my favorite color. White would be my second pick, gives you all of the powers and Kyle is my favorite Lantern.
    • Like x 1
  10. JeffEllis Committed Player

White because the biggest failure of the various lantern corps is their focus on a single emotion. The strength of life comes from the entire spectrum not a single one.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I have a short fuse. Once im angry it takes a while to cool down. So i'd have to honestly say Red.
    • Like x 1
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

At first glance, I'd say Green or Blue.

But when I start breaking things down honestly, I'd probably have to eliminate Green. I can be pretty willful (or stubborn, depending on how you look at things LOL), but I'm not entirely great at overcoming my fears. So no Green for me. :(

That leaves me with Blue. Even when things look a little bleak I do see the possibility of something good, and since reading the associated stories if I find myself frustrated over something I'll stop, take a breath and say to myself, "All will be well." So at the very least I'm trying to live up to the Blue Lantern ideals.

Besides, blue is probably my favorite color. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Probably Red, Indigo or Orange. I don't display anger that much but when I do it's explosive, and I do have a lot of compassion but I also have a lot of Greed.
    • Like x 1
  15. megamanexe Committed Player

i'd join the sapphires because i have immense amounts of love for the person who broke my heart. i think that means i qualify, right?
    • Like x 1
  16. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

I don't think there are any male Star Sapphires so I'd have to exclude that from my list. The blues are too Zen-like for my personality so that leaves me with WHITE. I like what they represent, plus they're quite powerful.
    • Like x 1
  17. megamanexe Committed Player

why do you have to exclude yourself because you don't know any others? do you think rosa parks said she wouldn't go to the back of the bus because there weren't any other black women sitting in the front taking a stand against oppression?
  18. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Seriously? Lol. I really don't think the Star Sapphires would let me get on their bus no matter how much pink I wore. :D Do YOU know any male Star Sapphires atm? My personal answer simply reflects DC lore.
  19. megamanexe Committed Player

guy and john. plus there's no rule that says men can't join. if people didn't do things simply because it hasn't been done before then no one would do anything.
  20. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Guy Gardner and John Stewart joined the star sapphires
    • Like x 1