How can i solve this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheAllmightyLegate, Nov 10, 2014.

1. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

The link shows exactly my problem,it just randomly freezes, this has been going on since the latest GU, im on USPS4 and ive checked my internet and im sure that aint the issue.
    I contacted SOE and erased the saved data as indicated,but the problem has just been worsening....any help?
    • Like x 2
  2. HealerT New Player

you are playing on wireless connection? If so hardwire. it looks like you have a laptop, IPAD, or some such device interfering with your signal. If its not that im not sure what it could be. I had this not long after the PS4 was released. I got an IPAD for Christmas and everytime i used it while playing i had that problem of the screen freezing up.
  3. Char Well-Known Player

Are you connected to a router, modem, or a modem/router combo? I was having the same issue and a member of the support team said that the combo devices tend to cause connection problems.
  4. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

Well,i do use an ipad while playing,but it had never happened,and i have used it for 9 months and it had never ocurred.
  5. HealerT New Player

If you are running wireless it can be any incompatible device. A neighbor could have some new toy. Its best to wire up the PS4 and see if that fixes the problem.
    • Like x 1
  6. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

Your isp also may have recently added one of the ports needed for dcuo to its closed ports list. Go to your router and port forward all the ones needed for dc. A list can be found on Google and usually portforward.com has instructions for your router.
  7. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Do this call your isp have them re provision your modem, may also want to change the wireless channel on your router or even better plug in an Ethernet cable, that's net lag has nothing to do with your ps4, i had the same issue on my PC last week it was due to latency and noise on the line. I had them re provision ran a speed test was not getting the speed i am supposed to. Changed my splitter at the wall changed the channel on my wireless and its fine now.
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

EM interference can cause connection issues with wireless users. Power cables running behind your desk that are overlapping other cables can cause noise on your system if you're using wireless, and such setups require a bit of wire management to limit interference events.

It's also true as said, that modem/router combos have issues with some games. In particular, DCUO does not get along with these types of devices. Your ISP may also be Time Warner/Brighthouse, and they love the hell out of the god awful Ubee modem/router brand. You will have issues if this is true for you, period. TW/BH also has some pretty strict filtering and a lack of control options for you to adjust in your modem/router settings, requiring a manual change by your ISP. One of the best things you can do here is use the provided modem/router as a bridge to a separate, stand alone router. Switching the modem to bridge mode is something the ISP will have to do, as they have eliminated any backdoor means of doing this yourself (they want to watch your network traffic).

Also, check this out and see if it corrects the issue >>> http://www.shortpause.com/blog/2014...-slow-download-speeds-on-playstation-consoles
    The ISP i'm under is jam packed with traffic as their own setup bottlenecks too many users with their filtering methods. I switched to the google setup and it's enough so that I can determine how much of the issues i've been having were on the ISP filtering side.

Normally when the PS4 client crashes, the PS4, with it's enhanced ram and more thorough OS is going to automatically generate an error report. Because you crashed out of character, but not the game itself (it took you back to character select), this is a clue that the issue is related to connection issues.

I can't make out your screen in the video, but when you attempted to log into your character again, did it read LINKDEAD? If so, the game counted you out after a connection interruption. If it did not read LINKDEAD, then there may have been a connection issue on the server side of things/login server issues. For example, the kind of disconnect you had when you saw the in-game Branaic ship disconnection screen can be forced to happen if a 2nd player attempts to log into your account. IE: If i'm on the PS3 and attempt to log into my account when on the PS4 and already playing DC, the PS4 client will kick me off the game and take me to the same disconnect screen, tell me something about an invalid session, and revert me to character select.
    • Like x 2
  9. DevDirt Developer

I will work with the TheAllmightyLegate to see what we can sort out. That is odd that the chat and communicator still work.

-dirt
    • Like x 1
  10. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

I got a cisco router,and yes, im wireless, that could be the issue, and also it tells me im LINKDEAD so its a connection interrumption,thanks for the feedback, ill see what can i fix.......or worsen
  11. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

Indeed, the only thing that doesnt freeze is the chat
  12. thelight420 New Player

Reset the security on your router and smile. Smile damn you! (This might not work but smile anyway. Go get some fresh air if it doesn't and take a look at the world that inspired your game you love.)
  13. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I've had that before too - where the in-game session will appear to freeze (nothing moves, or people already moving will continue moving in one direction and eventually move through walls), but the chat still keeps going, be it text chat or voice chat. I think text chat is handled by a different server setup, while voice chat is handled by a different server grouping entirely. Any time i've had this particular issue, the cause ended up being communication issues with the modem/router combo I had. (Ubee in all cases)

Reducing EM interference, bridging the modem to a separate router, and minimizing space between the console + wireless access point solved most issues, and switching to the google primary/secondary DNS solved remaining issues. Problems always began to occur when multiple players were in the area, especially in raids. For a good 3-4 months I was unable to raid in DCUO until I did the above (required a tech to come out to change modem/router bridge settings, which sucked - hate this provider).

Adding to this, you do not want to have a refrigerator, a washer, dryer, dishwasher or microwave between your wireless console and your wireless access point. When these devices are on they cause a lot of interference that can scramble your signal/reception. Mircowaves are the worst, but the EM/static interference caused by a dryer are a distant second. Also, if you happen to have any metallic sliding doors, like those typical of a pantry, if it's between your console and wireless AP, your signal can bounce/hiccup a bit if the door is opened/closed. This particular issue isn't bad enough to disconnect you from the game, but if you're playing pvp, you're probably going to eat a counter and yell at your significant other, your mom, or the person burglin' your foodstuffs.
    • Like x 1
  14. thelight420 New Player

It's the ports your PS is utilizing to access each part of server/subserver (the chat is using proper port were your router/modem is using an old port that is no longer programmed into the protocol of the software. Reconfig your modem/routers security and it may cause the firmware to reinitialize the proper ports. The problem is being caused by your ISP and your router/modem, do the above and good luck. Put it in a ticket if you haven't. They may be able to flip a magic switch. :)
  15. DevDirt Developer

We were able to resolve the issue by switching routers. We will consider what changed in GU42 that would cause his previous router to not function correctly as it did previous to GU42.

-dirt
    • Like x 1
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

That happened to me back in the day when running wired on PS3. Switching to wireless fixed it for me (sounds backwards, I know). Wasn't able to run wired until I switched to a PS4.