HL Troll Spec and Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Malachyte, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hey All,

I been away for 2 years and probably starting a comeback today...need to revamp everything.

I see that powers have changed like HL is now Might for DPS and clipping/combo is pretty much gone for HL DSPing...what about Trolling ? I seen that all power now give POT are there any other essential powers to have now in Troll stance other then Recharge, SuperCharge, and are debuffs still vital ?

Cheers,

~Mal
    • Like x 1
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Hey Mal - For trolling it's more similar to pre GU-36 syle.
    I use 3 debuff loadout w/ recharge, shield & SC. I use the following artifacts:
    Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    Soul Tap
    Increases your maximum Supercharge and Supercharge generation by (18/24)%, and, reduces your Supercharge ability cooldowns by (15/20)%.

Parasites Power Harness
    Power Distribution
    Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff grants you and up to 7 group members Power equal to (6/8)% of your Vitalization, and Precision equal to (1/1,33)% of your Vitalization. This effect stacks for each type of Controller Debuff used.

So debuffs are actually more useful now then before. I also make to sure use Light Weight Strike as 1 of the 3 debuffs, since it dazes and is SC generator. I run superpowered focus as it fits my playstyle better. But I still will use HB solar flame > recharge since it times just right

I will say that clipping in Light is kinda sorta back. It's much more prevelant than it has been in a long time and will net the highest damage opportunity while playing HL. It's not like old school jump clip style but way better than AM days
    • Like x 2
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

Thanks Mazah !!!

I ran some content in Troll mode and noticed a few differences in that it seems there are many more power hungry DPS out there....LOL but I went with my old loadout and was just fine...

DPSing however is a different matter...I need to find a good load out as what I used to use, really isn't that great anymore... lol

Thanks for the feedback !!!

Cheers,

~Mal
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

NP...FYI this is Delta (my old name possibly got banned..for reasons we shan't speak of)
    Here is some ideas that Brother Allen from OPT and I were discussing a while back) I've since switched to Quantum, but I always switch for a few months and go back to Light.

Hope these help... they may not be the absolute best rotations now, since I've been Q for a while. You may switch LWS for Chompers as your PI if using SC a lot. Chompers does hit harder though. At the time the only thing beating me was Gadgets melee and Rage. At least a good starting point

Chompers/LW, Ram, Snap Trap, Grasping Hand, Hand Clap, Neo-Venom

Although Snap Trap (p) - Fan (c) grants a very very small increase in DPS for single target so you could in theory remove ST from that loadout and put Whips on it instead. Then in hallways your rotation would be:

Chompers/LW, Ram (p), Whip (c), clipped with Whip (p), Whip (c), clipped with Ram (p) over and over again for maximum add DPS.

Then on single target (Boss fights mostly), you would go:

Chompers/LW, Ram (p), Snap Trap (c), Grasping Hand (p), Grasping Hand Pull (c), Hand Clap (p), Grasping Hand (c) over and over again.

This way only one Armory is needed for Light DPS

OR

this for melee,
    Chomp > WT cWT clip Lightweight cLW throw clip WT

Also:

HL solely PftT.

Melee Loadout:
    Chompers, Ram, Whip, Strafing Run

Melee Rotation:
    Chompers >> Ram Power >> Whip Combo >> Clip WC with Whip Power >> Whip Combo >> Clip WC with Ram Power >> Whip Combo >> Clip WC with Whip Power >> Whip Combo >> Clip WC with Chompers >>> Start back at Ram Power

If you do it right, you will never see the animation for Whip Combo but all the damage is there from it. It looks especially nice at the beginning when you clip WC with the WP. Numbers numbers everywhere.

Range Loadout:
    Chompers, Ram, Fan, Strafing Run

Range Rotation:
    Chompers >> Ram Power >> Fan Combo >> Clip FC with Fan Power >> Impact Combo >> Clip IC with Ram Power >> Fan Combo >> Clip FC with Fan Power >> Impact Combo >> Clip IC with Chompers >> Start back at Ram Power
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea pretty much the same: work on troll artifacts, soul cloak for group Shield sc and have a defense and attack debuff and recharge