Highest DPS class atm?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aggronator, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggronator New Player

Just wanted some input. Ive been around since beta and launch and quit for over a year and just recently returned to the game. I've been ice since beta and notice the DPS just isn't what it used to be. I returned to the game with a 64 CR rating and have gotten it up to 82 CR. I notice when raiding that ice dps just doesn't seem to keep up. I was just wondering what people recommend now a days for DPS..mostly for PVE. PVP i do just fine. I've seen some hardlight dpsers put out over 200-300k more dps then me in raids and seen the same for mental and gadgets. Just looking for some input from a old school player.
  2. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

1. Gadgets
    2. Light
    3. Electric
  3. BrotherMutant New Player

So far as I have read, many say Hard Light, Gadgets and Electricity are the top three. As for ICE, you are aware there are some new changes to ice coming very soon I hope, so don't give up on ice just yet. Also, the 82 CR is impressive, but how are your Skill Points stacking up? I assume pretty good but just checking. And one of the fastest ways for me to up my DPS damage tally was to figure which weapon to use with what power to clip the animation. I got my Ice tank doing decent melee damage because of the one handed weapon move (spin chop?) that I clip with pretty much any of Ice's quick cast powers. Big damage spike for me, although I am sure HL, elec, and Gadgets can do it too, perhaps even better.
  4. Satla Well-Known Player

1. Light
    2. Gadgets/Electric
    3. Nature
    4. Mental
    5. Sorcery
    6. Fire
    7. Earth
    8. Ice

Yep, earth powersets lack in pve.
    Mostly the way i see it, Troll powerset = burst dmg
    Heal powerset = Damage over time.
    Tank powerset = a bit of damage over time a bit burst dmg.
    Problem with tank powersets is that when you have a bit of everything, you arent the best at anything. :D
    Hope that helped.
    Also i dont count any fake dmg (clownbox anyone?) so thats why the rankings looks like that.

EDIT : im talking before ice/fire revamp, only when its out we can trully see how good those powersets will be.
  5. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

HARDLIGHT DPS WOULD BE THE BEST AND FOREMOST POWERFULL
  6. Zypher New Player

Ever since one handed got its damage reduced.. nothing can keep up with light in PvE. You could probably top the charts without using weapon combos as light.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jordan153 New Player

I've been HL, nature, and earth in my dcuo career. I would rank them
    1.HL
    2.Nature
    3.Earth
    All are amazing DPS powers and take time to learn, unfortunately those are all i can rank.
    • Like x 1
  8. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

The reason hard light is the greatest is because of its combos. You can either clip or keep using combos which means you will have alot more power than everyone in the group and not waste it. And if there is a good troller its all the better as you can now clip dps everything within range
    • Like x 1
  9. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

1)Fire (The Devs tinker with fire every update so this might change)
    2)HL
    3)Gadgets
    4)Electric
    5)Sorcery
    6)Nature
    7)Mental
    8)Earth
    9)Ice
  10. Lokkii Committed Player

Its the player, not the powerset. I've seen every powerset lead in damage out.
    • Like x 9
  11. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

This is very true as a hardlight dps with less skill will be easily overpowered by an ice dps with a lot of skill. I have seen this alot of time but less likely
  12. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

This is true, but if you take people who are of equal skill in the perfect set-up the person using Gadgets or Light will be leading in damage.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kroye Loyal Player

1. Gadgets
    2. Light
    3. Electric
    4 -7. Sorcery / Nature / Mental / Fire
    8. Earth
    9. Ice

I think Fire is going to make a big comeback when folks get more experienced with the new changes and the new consumables/mods.

I
  14. Satla Well-Known Player

HL is slightly better then gadgets, electric is amazingly equal to gadgets. even a little better then gadgets on aoe situations.
    all of the rest will have a little drop on dps, nature on single target is a beast, also mental, but mental aoe sux and nature aoe is decent.
    sorcery has its burst moments but mostly is a DoT power, slow one.

The main difference between all those powersets is how many actions can the powerset squeeze in a rotation.
    • Like x 2
  15. Lokkii Committed Player

IMO to people with equal gear no matter the power set the more skilled player will win, its nearly impossible imo for 2 people 2 be 100% equally skilled, either may be better in certian senerios which would mean the raid/alert what have you plays a part as well.
  16. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

I would say that between the top three powers. You can have all the skill in the world if you are an ice dps the only way you will see the top of the chart is by running with people with lower gear.
  17. Lokkii Committed Player

Nah, ive seen some ice dudes that destroy its jus not a easy cookie cutter dps like the ones everyone claims is "best"
    Every list ive seen on this thread should be changed to easiest to DPS with, if you have high precision you can do one combo with HL over and over and do great damage, i rarely get out DPS'd and i know a few ice guys that can def keep up with anyone
    • Like x 1
  18. Aiden Warren New Player

Mental is still really good damage.
    1. Gadgets
    2. Light
    3. Sorcery
    4. Mental
  19. Satla Well-Known Player

Im srry but you are just wrong, dps powers do have diffrenece in dmg output.
    If you are on PS3, it may be different.
    Here on PC, ppl are capable of pressing much more buttons at a shorter amount of time and with ease. the difference between the best HL dps and the best ICE dps wont be huge, but you will clearly see the difference.
    When we say there will be a difference we are not talking about doubling the dmg output of the other powerset, its around 100k+ more then the lower dps powerset.
  20. Xolag Well-Known Player

The best atm:
    Gadgets/HL
    I´m gadget but i prefer the HL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.