Harley Quinn Is The First DC Bombshell in DCUO!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

New Legends Character: Bombshell Harley Quinn!

Crazy in love? That's her specialty. Make it YOUR specialty when you play as Bombshell Harley Quinn in Legends PvE and PvP. Bombshell Harley Quinn is a cosmetic alternative version of the character, decked out in Episode 15's Bombshell outfit. She will be unlockable by Members in-game later today (July 29, 2015), and will be available for purchase starting tomorrow (July 30, 2015).

[IMG]

Members Can Unlock Bombshell Harley Quinn As Part Of Membership!

Like most Legends characters, Bombshell Harley Quinn is available for Members in-game on the Legends Vendor for 100 Marks of Legend, on a per character basis.

Available in the Marketplace Tomorrow!

Members and non-Members will also be able to purchase Bombshell Harley Quinn starting tomorrow (July 30, 2015). The Marketplace version is redeemable for every character on your account.
    • Like x 16
  2. retemed Well-Known Player

I would wish to have also the armored vehicle behind this bombshell. :cool: :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Owl Devoted Player

That Tank is one of the Lair Items in the upcoming Episode.

There are actually 2 Tanks. One is a Floor item while the other hangs from the ceiling.

Below are pictures from another thread:
    Speedcat also has several other Lair items displayed in the thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...efings-investigations-and-collections.256633/
    • Like x 14
  4. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

I believe you can get that as a base item drop in the new content coming out, the bombshell alert or raid, there is also one that is on the ground and the one hanging.
    • Like x 4
  5. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Hey, hey, hey?! Wouldn't more logical for Harley to have kevlar vest at least? What's the point of having so explicit outfits, when a character even hasn't superpowers :mad: DCUO'sn't erotic game after all! #FIXIT
    • Like x 6
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

Kinda have to agree with this. Yes, there's a certain amount of appeal to the target demographic of Manboys age 13 to 22, but it's getting a little ridiculous. Could we tone down the misogynistic pandering just a tad, please?
    • Like x 7
  7. Owl Devoted Player

Distraction could be considered a power.
    • Like x 4
  8. Faust74 Loyal Player

Seem Harley Quinn is looking more Harley and less And less Quinn everytime DC tweaks her look.

Now those Tank decos are awesome! I'll take 2 of each please! I like those bombshell posters too, hopefully we can get those too! I like those posters in the second pic. Hopefully we can get those as Decos too!
  9. Entity Committed Player

which thread i wanna see the new base items & styles
  10. Owl Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  11. Fies Committed Player

No plz :)
    • Like x 2
  12. retemed Well-Known Player

Thanks guys, this is what I've seen just after posted this wish… :confused::cool:;)
    Shame on me ! Next time i'll count to 10 before wishing :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Harley looks really cute. On a side note, hope the females can get bomber jacket open like Harley for a style.
    • Like x 2
  14. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Tell that to DC comics, they're the ones who designed it. Our devs just did an awesome job of recreating in 3d the source material given to them. (look at all those tiny details, from the pins on her jacket to the batman logo on her belt. very well done imo)

It's the first time I can think of that our game is connecting with actual current events in the DC Comics and I couldn't be more excited about it.

I love the art style of all these bombshell characters and I don't care about historical or tactical accuracy, it's a game about imaginary characters, not a WWII simulator or an educational game.

Here are the posters and statues made by DC (not dcuo) from which this Harley is based off.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Edit: Question to our female friends in DC. Do you feel these styles are misogynistic? The few girls I've talked to seem to really like all the bombshells we've seen, including Harley. Interesting to see what other girls think.
    • Like x 7
  15. Phill Committed Player

I like it. :)........... WWII style pinups have been popular for a long time among most men and teens for as far as I remember. This style is very popular right now as well. sexy sexy sexy :D
    • Like x 2
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

You all did some good work on her. I wonder what is the rate they will release the rest. I will eventually get them all but Catwoman comes first or maybe Supergirl.
    • Like x 1
  17. Anima Committed Player

That is a really sexy jacket style. Do want.

And there's a TANK base item? That is Metal. I must have it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  19. Natimorto New Player

Super!!! I can get a tank and computers, now bring to us 1 batmobile base item and a bat computer too !!! ty!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

My thoughts on the outfit:

1: Very cool looking.

2: It annoys me when non-powered Heroes/Villains wear totally unrealistic outfits.

3: Harley is literally crazy. I would not really be surprised to see her wearing something like that in a warzone.

4: Either way, it's something to take up with DC. You can't blame the dcuo folks for accurately copying the source material.
    • Like x 2
  21. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm hoping for both male & female-oriented Bombshell styles to come along now. I was expecting some of the Iconic bombshell styles to be included in any of the new briefings or investigations, but was mildly disappointed when I figured out it was only base-items in there.

These various Bombshell-styles look very original and I would love for them to included later on as iconic pieces you get either from an instance or from collection/briefings and such.
    • Like x 2