GU 70 Starro Clamping Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Penryn, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/test-server-hotfix-april-21-2017.286117/

In case anyone was wondering what the changes were compared to the Live server, here they are for Damage role:

Minimum Stats:
    [IMG]

Maximum Stats:
    [IMG]

Summary
    Keep in mind that the only changes being compared are for Damage role.
    • The range between min/max was reduced in the current test build as suggested in the patch note.
    • Defense was greatly reduced. Max health was reduced too. That means your overall survivability was reduced in this build for Starro content.
    • Max Might was noticeably reduced. That means less damage from Might-based Advanced Mechanics.
    • Max Precision was increased.
    • One thing I noticed is that it was a lot easier to run out of power when using Advanced Mechanics in Starro content. My teammate commented on the same problem. It wasn't a deal breaker, but I had to use more sodas in the duo/alert.
    • Like x 2
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I also notice a loss of power and felt it was intentional.
    I see it as a way to ease the pain of transition to the Revamp, where a loss of power is the norm.
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

I'm surprised that they're nerfing Might and then buffing Prec. I'm already pushing out insane damage in there with Earth. Should be fun for me when this hits Live but the damage already felt quite balanced in my eyes.
  4. Fies Committed Player

Clearly a small-scale test run for an "alternative" stats-revamp ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Well that's annoying. As if clamped content wasn't bad enough.

I'm assuming that this is for the low and new players that only know how to weapon combo... Hope they nerf pets too as they wreck in this content.
    • Like x 2
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was just doing some checking and the stat changes are being carried over into other clamped content. I had the same max clamped stats in the Sewer Rendezvous instance as what I had in the Starro content. I'm guessing the CR 34 stats adjustment will be universally used by all clamped content.

I didn't do any testing with pets. It would be easy to try out though. Create a Sorcery/Earth character and try fighting some of the Iconics in Central City. The duo should give you a pretty good indication too.

My impression of the changes is that clamped content is a little bit harder, but shouldn't pose any problems for a veteran player.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

No doubt but my issue is that they are artificially increasing difficulty by adding a clamp and now lowering it to narrow the "gap". Which just means nerf the high and buff the new and not very good. It's just silly. Especially if this carries over to stats update.
    • Like x 4
  8. Backblock Well-Known Player

This makes no sense at all.
    There's no need to make pugging an anniversary event difficult, especially when players are running alts through the instances as well being paired up with the occasional player that doesn't even know how to deal damage or play a support role.
    • Like x 2
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Since there is no decrease to your real stat, it looks like they forgot to clamp defense (and toughness I guess) on live.
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, it comes down to once again is who is DCUO's target market is. Are their core customers the challenge seekers or the casual players? The devs never seem to "get this"; I think it's the all too attractive a lure to create a game for their kind of player instead of going after the money.

The reason I replay the clamped raid at least once a day is because it takes about 10 mins. If the raid takes longer (and I would estimate at least twice as long in pugs with these changes), then I can't replay as much. It's simple math. Money lost. On the other side, your challenge seekers spend most of their time on these forums calling Daybreak a criminal empire and pledge to spend *no* money on the game out of spite. But that group is who you chase. Brilliant.
    • Like x 1
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah looks like the update will just fix that. I'd like to know how much mitigation that low Defense will actually give though, since with unclamped Def we are surely high above the mitigation cap.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

I spend a lot of money on the game and I seek a challenge. There isn't just two groups of people; ones that pay money & want no challenge and ones that don't pay & want a challenge. In fact, a lot of the people I know that put in a lot of cash into the game wants a challenge.
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

What I'm wondering is how much we can do in those focus fire incidents that happen in Star Labs and Magic instances. Because that happens all the time. I'm either 1-shot (by combination attacks) or near death and blocking to hold onto dear life. If they lowered the mitigation ability, I would assume that those spots will just be bend over and take it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The changes here are about consistency - so that you're not having a vastly different experience between being clamped up vs. clamped down.
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That seems clear from the stats, but how is the new "clamped down" intended to compare to the version on live? I'm specifically wondering about mitigation since Defense seems to have the largest change here and as far as I know there isn't a public formula to calculate mitigation since it scales with CR.
  16. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

You're taking something that is tedious & annoying and making it more tedious & annoying...players who are clamped down usually only get matched w/ like players and vise versa so there's no reason or benefit for it...the community will hate this...been back for 2 weeks after a year break and the devs are intent on reminding me why I quit...no1 wants daily clamped content to be challenging they wanna blow thru it and get to the next thing(at least I do)...especially since they made it so that you have to run on multiple toons to get all the stuff
    I feel kinda silly for ranting about it and not being on test to try it out but Mepps said a loooong time ago that he understands that players hate being nerfed but dcuo goes ahead and does it anyway...even if it ends up being barely noticeable people will still salty just by seeing it in the patch notes
    • Like x 3
  17. Backblock Well-Known Player

lol its not elite to want challenging clamped seasonal content.
    • Like x 1
  18. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

About time you made the game harder.

Now ramp up the difficulty in Olympus and God of Monsters and all future content.
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While this is a bit off topic I have to say that I use to support stat clamping for seasonal events because it was a quick small amount of time invested in a single event and the logic behind it was understandable. However, now with these "Major Events" I could care less about clamping or the logic behind it because of the amount of grinding the developers put into these events in order to "give us something to do". I'd rather just nuke this stuff and be done with it. I look forward to being done with the Starro grind come next week.
    • Like x 4
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Right now as it stands the clamped and unclamped are night & day. Some ( a lot of players) might have issues with the unclamped (members) Starro event. I've been in groups were there have been big issues and I have been in groups when we beat the member raid with 6 & 7 players start to finish.

Bear this in mind.
    The guys running the clamped event will not be able to finish the event if you make it too hard. Some already have issues. I'm not saying it needs to be kept where it is but keep in mind these players are Q'ing into these clamped instances are for the most part all DPS. Not very many run support roles in these clamped events. No to mention, it's hard enough to get support roles in the unclamped stuff.

One thing that really needs to be looked at in the Starro raid is the taunts from tanks are almost useless in there. With the mind control mechanics the scripted attacks need to be able to be taunted more than they are now. I have ran a few of the starro raids where the tank could not hold aggro on starro for more than 1 or 2 seconds and then it jumps to a scripted attack.
    • Like x 1