Give back to the community Dev's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Von, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Von New Player

Hey all some of you know me as Von. I have multiple toons on both the hero side and on the villains side of the game. This post is because i have a complaint that i believe needs addressed. Is this game dieing? well any player can tell you that when new content comes out a mass amount of people come to play that do not play every day. This extremely hurts the rest of the community when these players get all of their new gear and stop playing once again because they have nothing to do, and do not want to spend 100 real life dollars to start a new toon.

Having multiple toons is how most games such as this continue on because you need to gear up all of your toons. In DCUO though this is a very expensive procedure. So lets visit a little bit of cost here for a high level with 280 sp to make another character. Now the fastest way to get started is to create a new toon and spend 25 dollars to take him to cr 100, and acquire 60 sp. Now you can just buy you sp or have any of the feats transfer over to your new character, and why is that? Would be simple to attach feats to an account instead of to each individual character. But thats getting off track a bit, and I want to visit the cost of adding the other 220 sp not covered in the cr 100 character. so lets show 1 sp in different ways. 2,5 point feats are 10 replays, 10,10 point fears are also 10 replays however,4 3 point feat points are 12 replay badges to acquire the same 1 sp. With this said my math may be off a bit in some instances feel free to rework it and post your own findings. 350 replay badges cost roughly 10 bucks. If you only transfer your 5 pointers 10 bucks gets you a wopping, 70 feat points or 35 sp transfered out of 280 sp. I will leave it to you other players to do the rest of the math here as i hate math.

My earlier suggestion I believe shout be implemented for the betterment of the game and the community, and that is to tie in the feats to each individual account and not just the characters that earned them. This would foster players to create more toons to work on, and the purchasing of more styles, base item, along with any number of further enhancements that player would want to individualize each of there characters.

Now this last part is a bit of experience from an old game who has been around a long time and watched games die and other game be revitalized to continue for more years to come. I have played FF 11 for four years, Swtor for 3 years, and a bunch in between. Dev's you need to start giving back to the community that pads your wallets for you, and you may just find that the community will respond in kind. Their are certain things a person expects when they pay to play a long term game, and those things come with the cost of the monthly sub. Stop trying to tax each individual thing, and give us players who pay for your house car and children to go to school something back for our hard earned money.
    • Like x 8
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Agreed. As a player, I feel that the money I put into the game from my own wallet isn't being put back into the game to improve it or enhance it at all. I feel that it goes straight into their wallets to spend on other stuff and they neglect the game completely or as much as possible.

However, they will never change the feat system. It makes them a lot of money and there's not many complaints about it these days since the feat unlocking came out. Maybe from the beginning feats should have been account bound, but it's just too late into the game for them to change it now.
    • Like x 8
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm opposed to the idea of having account linked feats for all my characters.
  4. Von New Player

Well their will be players for it and against it, and i thank you both for your input. If this game is going to do more than simply curl up and slowly die, then a change needs to be made, and fast. This is the easiest one that I could think of that would promote players to play more and take a break less. Buy all means if you all have better idea's feel free to share them.
  5. Von New Player

Nothing personal but anyone saying this is either an employee, or is completely oblivious to how much sp helps a high level toon accomplish feats and other work in the game play.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

LOL I'm not an employee and I have a pretty good amount of SP on my main character.

Third option: they like to work for the feats on each character.

Fourth option: they use the system already in place if they do not wish to complete feats on individual characters again.
    • Like x 1
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hey now if ppl love throwing their money at the screen who are we to argue :rolleyes:
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

5th option: upon creating character your prompt with 'do you wish to unlock xxx SP' yes / no

this will allow you to either 1) unlock all SP' as the OP wishes or 2) continue to grind them out as you wish both parties win.
    • Like x 1
  9. Von New Player

Nice idea,
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Devs do give back to the community. The issue that is clear is that its not what "some"people want. The want from each person will be different which coins the phrase "cant please everyone" but the Devs do try to find some middle ground. Whether it works or not is up to the player.
    • Like x 2
  11. L T Devoted Player

Seriously? A "Give back to the community" request after we all got 9 stabilizer keys for logging in last weekend?
    • Like x 2
  12. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

6 stabilizers actually but your point is still valid especially after the announcement of a double spores weekend.
    • Like x 2
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

The money that you put into the game does not directly fund it. In fact I am sure that money has been used to fund other Daybreak projects
    • Like x 3
  14. Man_of_Rage Level 30

Threads like this are why I have never been an advocate for SP and RB being used for progression. It makes a game where those with addictive tendencies feel grandeur in a world that isn't real. People are allowed to spend money on whatever they want. Many, if not most, are not taught there are consequences to spending lots of money on one product.

As a business you look at people spending more than should. How many people spend more than they can actually afford? Does it matter to a business? No. They make money and provide an outlet for your addiction. How many complain but still give money to the game?

DBG has no need to reward its customers. People are so proud to be spending money their own way. That's why you won't get the same player appreciation that has no real benefit to customers. What could they give away? EVERYTHING costs money! What could they do with content EVERYTHING is a paid event.

How is an MMO based in the DC Universe not in the big leagues? SP and RB, they devalue the integrity of progression. If anyone disagrees you are wrong. TC are the evolution. Why give away what people are willing to pay for. The fact they don't have to refund anything ever is a win/win for them. Other games have similar system's but this game is being remade, as we speak, to ensure every aspect of your playing experience cost money.

You can't be wondering why something a company isn't giving back in a satisfying way if you continue to give them your money. I haven't given them money in some time and rarely play. I will return and pay if DBG improves this game in a way that doesn't feel like rigged gambling. I can go to Vegas and always come back with more than I left. I can tell when a game will lose you money.

For the record all but one of my alts is in tier 7 or 8 and I barely play and haven't given them any money since last year. Read into that how ever you want.

How long before others realize the game they want to play isn't this one?

Have a wonderful day/night!
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

We asked for cosmetic things we got TCs in return. So they give back to their interesets.

I asked about the lack of marketplace items since the release of TCs and Mepps said they "still plan to add stuff to MP".
    Well it's been months. We have a cool start with the "Summer of Wonder" last summer, with the sets of auras, Amazon hairstyles and Harley Bomshell styles but then they stopped because of the damn TCs. I HATE THEM.

You know I could just ignore them but the fact they exists affects me because it affected the MP and now I keep getting member monthly Daybreak cash I can't spend on the MP because we only get stabilazers and RB there. I feel like the perks I get from membership are worth of nothing then makes me frustrated and wanting to cancel my sub.

Why is so hard for them to have a marketing plan regarding MP? We should get weekly releases/promotions even gifts for members.
    • Like x 1
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I too am worried about this games pop...it is very low I think its never been lower
    • Like x 1
  17. Korvyne Committed Player

Didnt read the whole post op but I think I got that you want sp to be account bound. If so yes I agree.
  18. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I think an option for a set amount of money might work, like unlock all available sp for however much that way it's not quite so expensive and tedious but you don't just get them for free.
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

We've been asking for cosmetics for 5 years. Consistently.

They have assured us they had plans for them. Consistently.

Then we get a $5 fish tank that can only be placed once. Wow! Can't believe that didn't go over well.

Then years later a $20 Batman mask. Again. I'm so surprised at that reception.

The Marketplace here has been a big topic of concern as long as I have been around.

How or why is a question only Grodd knows. It's a real shame. They have lost out on a small fortune over the years.
    • Like x 5
  20. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Actually I got 8. The six promised but if you had logged in after midnight on Monday morning but BEFORE the morning reset and run the duo, it was still giving out 30. (I wonder if saying that will get me in trouble?) Oh well, no absolute big deal.

(I didn't get anything off the 8 caps except some exobytes and a back mod that I couldnt use on any of my toons, but it was nice getting more than 5 every two weeks.)
    • Like x 2