Fire pvp dps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by liplicker, Aug 16, 2016.

1. liplicker New Player

any good pvp fire dps players out there.? I am a fire tank have been for years mainly on pve but have been pvping more and more. Any suggestions on a fire pvp dps load out ... Or does one simply use weapon attacks in stead of powers.... As you can tell I gave no idea. Thanks for any imput.
  2. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

At the moment Flame Cascade is OP in pvp. And I suggest Burning Determination and Burnout for breakouts and heals.
  3. The LawEUPS New Player

a really good lo is (stoke flames(for heals), snuff out(35%) burnout (for breakout),Flame cascade(for damage), burning determination(for heals+ breakout),and detonate for good power for less power. and u also before u use flame cascade use buring determination cause it will make it do more dmg. but also remember flame cascade can be lunged :) hope u can use it
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You should do some research in the guides section. I have seen 3 types of fire players in pvp. Tanks, flame cascade hiding in the air dps, and dps/tanks. The flame cascade in the air is super cheap, but you'll get some kills. Fire tanks, go pure healer tank. Now dps/tanks look fun. Spec as a tank, but make sure and bring your 35% move. Your heals in dps role are almost if not as good as your tank role.
  5. Unzero Well-Known Player

As a DPS my loadout is:
    Burning Determination >> Fiery Weapon >> Inferno >> Flame Cascade >> Snuff Out >> Volcanic Calamity

I pop BD and FW and then either drop Inferno on the target and throw a Flame Cascade, or I just go with weapon attacks, it depends on the situation, you should try it out a little until you get a feeling for it. Fiery Weapon is really helpful for boosting your damage.

As a Fire Tank, my loadout is:
    Lasso >> Fiery Weapon >> Stoke Flames >> Burning Determination >> Wildfire >> Eternal Flame
    I use far more weapon attacks as a Fire Tank, and base most of my powers on being able to heal through damage, and definitely spend a lot of time blocking and breaking out. Fire Tank really excels when you get some friends together, one of each role, and everyone plays their job correctly. Everyone play their role correctly and most importantly mod your gear and learn how to play your role. If the Troll controls your target, and occasionally throws some Crowd Control out and adds a little damage (be careful) and the healer focuses on keeping people alive, you will find that two people can easily focus down a single target. Fire Tank can almost outheal incoming damage in some situations if you focus on working as a TEAM.

EDIT: Just want to say that is my personal experience, I lose my share of times, and when I am in a 1v1 or 2v2 things don't necessarily go all that well. In 4v4 with correct support and a good team though, Fire Tank can feel pretty unstoppable at times.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Im not a very good PvPer, but during the Belle Reeve weekend this is what i was using (and was working pretty well): Burning Determination, Robot Sidekick, Fiery Weapon, Snuff Out, Immolation, Flashpoint.

I started trying with Flame Cascade, but people lunging and interrupting me was just a power loss...so i replaced it with R.S.
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Unless you are forming a group with a troll, I was putting Word of power as a sc. Flame cascade has a significant power cost, but in Belle reve I was wiping groups with it combined with my cascade. Wop is also a nice finisher on a healer for whatever reason
  8. Pults Loyal Player

With more than 240 skillpoints and some investment in mods you don't have to spec as either "dps/tank" or "pure healer tank". You can reach both restoration cap (8400ish) and precision cap (2500ish) for support roles. Speccing any more in either stat will not be beneficial in arenas. As for powers the three main ones are Burning Determination, Stoke Flames and Snuff Out. I would also add Reignition (25% SC) which at the resto cap heals for 6-9k. Also fire ball is optional for combo clips and Robo sidekick for some extra damage. Adding any more damage powers wouldn't be beneficial since a fire tank relies on outlasting his opponent not maximizing his damage.
    Nope, not even cutting close.