Fastest Valentine's Race Time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Dawn, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hey hey,

So I was inspired by a conversation in the discord channel as well as a tweet, but what is your fastest race time in the Valentine's day event race? I really love races and would like them to be more common (totally think the DEVS missed chances to add races to the Gotham Wastelands/Central City zones) so whenever these types of events come out I have a ball the fact we get a reward for it is just icing on the cake.

This is my fastest time:
    [IMG]

Oh and someone said that the race wings are just the small bird wings, this is not so.
    Small bird wings
    [IMG][IMG]

Race wings
    [IMG][IMG]
    So please add these wings as a style...maybe next year? XD
    • Like x 7
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Mine is 1:32 I believe. Just broke my record recently. Prior to that is was 1:34.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Dont know what my fastest time is and tbh idc. All my toons have platinum and i only do the race for the heart mark to get my event stuff done and over with. Ive never been a fan of races in this game. They just dont interest me.
    • Like x 4
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

People complain enough that they can't get wings the size of the original Hawk wings. It's a shame ... I don't think an even smaller style would go over well.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

The hearts don't always break even if your toon goes thru them. But mine is like 1:25.00
    • Like x 2
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

My room always had hawk wings. Never had an issue getting thru rings. I also wish census would give us the fastest 20 times on every race. I am with you that we need more races.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did they screw the wings alignment? Haven't tried it this year, but in '15 the wings weren't crooked like that (have a photo of six characters and they are 'straighter' than yours)

Oh, and as for having the Race Wings, there isn't really that much of a difference between them and the normal Small Bird Wings (other than being very slightly smaller and being white) to warrant adding (not sure why they didn't just use the SBW coloured white as it is)
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

1:21.something.

I'll get a SS tomorrow.
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

All things wings or jetpack pieces are unaligned since forever.
  10. Saami Loyal Player

Long post for someone who isnt interested at all :)
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe, but like said, checked with all six characters who took part in the 2015 race and the wings are not lopsided, certainly not that far down on the left
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'm guessing you who have under 1:59 do not experience lag that either slows you down or doesn't recognize you actually went through a circle and points you back to the 1 you just went through, making you turn around and then halfway to it shows you did indeed go through it.

I haven't had 1 smoothly run no lagging or skipping seasonal race ever.

My best time remains at 1:59 and that's hitting every pink heart available to get the speed boost.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

If you look closer,

the reason they look lopsided is because the left shoulder is usually lower than the right,

the wings are tilted to the left aligning them with the left shoulder.
    • Like x 1
  14. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

Mine is like 1 Sec. As i am the Flash, Fastest Man Alive.

hehehehe
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Uh, it's only because the character has a slight lean to the left lol. Of course the wings won't be even.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

That makes total sense. I found a way to show how it has to tilt. I have a character with either a serious/powerful personality that stands up straight. I stood in front of some horizontal lines, put on a short hair style, and a back piece that's horizontal, and went in and out of movement mode. In the result, you see how the back piece *has* to tilt out of horizontal alignment when going into movement mode. Watch how the tilt comes into the horizontal compared to the background:
    [IMG]
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Take a look at what happens when you put wings on a flirty personality with acrobatics for movement mode lol.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, two years, all six characters had straight wings in the same pose as OPie, this lopsided wings 'feature' tends to come and go, heck, even have a coupe shots where it's the right leg that is bent and raised
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

At one point, they "fixed" the wings, and that change reverted a few updates later. As far as which leg is raised, that changed when they changed the flight pose. iirc, that happened right around when they introduced TV's Supergirl Legends character, and changed her look in the game.
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

well i wasn't complaining or anything and I know that too, just saying it's been like that since forever (at least for me: female mesa, flirty)