EBENEZER SCROOGE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO ENTHUSIAST, Nov 30, 2015.

1. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

While a 25% sale is well and good, and I certainly bought a few things while the sale was available, my big question is, is DC having their XMAS 50% off sale....

This is a sale that I, as a player and consumer, looked forward to every year until last XMAS, where the sale was replaced w 12 days of 'Bah, Humbug'

Please bring this sale back. For dedicated players, we wait all year for this sale...

Don't be a scrooge...bring back the sale please...
    • Like x 3
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

I gotta agree. A good ol 50% off sale is the best way to go.

It's only once, or twice, a year. Can't possibly hurt over all sales.

Before anyone says "what about people that wait and only buy during those sales?"... well, those kinds of people likely aren't going to spend much otherwise. Likely, they'll spend more over all on that sale than they would all year at regular price.
  3. Abra Cadabra Active Player

If Daybreak Cash was 25% off on Friday
    and Items are 25% off on Monday...

Isn't that 50% just divided into 2 parts?

Okay I guess we already normally get 10% off as members so I guess its really 40% but still not to bad.
  4. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

That's all fine and dandy unless your not on PC... Like the majority of players.

And I agree with this. I've got everything I needed/wanted out of the marketplace; Max inventory, max broker slots, many other things.
    If you want me to buy something from the marketplace with my Xmas money, you're gonna have to put those replays on sale.
  5. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

it still doesnt make it 50% off lol
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

It's 42.5% off full price (what premiums pay),
    or 36.11% off the membership 10% discount price.

Better than a kick in the butt.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

sadly replays will Be discounted again as that's where their truly "loyal" fan base is at
  8. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

bah, humbug seems to be the daybreak moto.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Hmmm, I'm not sure where you obtained 42.5%. I calculate 43.75%:
    • Let's say someone bought $50 worth of Daybreak Cash with $37.50
    • Someone could then spend $66.67 ($50/0.75) in Daybreak Cash thanks to the sale.
    • ($66.67 - $37.50)/$66.67*100% = 43.75%
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

They did say last year that as a community we felt a little entitled to about what deals we thought we deserved... and to their credit... at least with what has been written on the forums a lot last year.. you could see their point.

Also two of their deals for the 12 days of xmas were 40% off for everything and one day was 50% (only one day) and some days had even better deals than that (on selected items).

I mean most people complain about some of the things that never get discounted and several of those players were still playing last year and did not get the items they complain about that are overpriced when they were more than 50% off.
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Ha Ebenezer Scrooge... I see what you did there ;):p
  13. Veritech Loyal Player

Ahh yep, I was 50 dbc out on my before and after account balance.

The joys of having no ingame marketplace support and submitting tickets for purchases :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Sometimes I think that people on here are insanely difficult to deal with in real life.....or is this just role playing?

Do you guys hassle big store chains like WalMart... Best Buy....Gamestop etc. over their sales as well?!?
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've hassled Best Buy and taken my business elsewhere since, but it wasn't over their sales per se. It was more due to business practices and their tech support team destroying instead of fixing the merchandise I bought there.
  16. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That doesn't sound like something that would fall under the "hassling" category.
  17. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I would suggest people don't... However, they probably just do not buy anything either... The best way to initiate change is to not support something you disagree with... The forums are used to initiate change, Walmart and Best Buy do not have a forum set up discussing how their business is run, but then again it isn't a game either.

Everything purchased is intangible so has an opportunity cost but not an additional cost after development.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

There was no 50% off sale last Christmas either, not even on Christmas day, so you're hoping for it this year, why? lol

Also the year before that, they still had a 12 days sale as well as a decent christmas sale, it was last year it all went down hill.

At the end of the day although a sale is "nice" it's not an entitlement.

Not that I don't think they shouldn't have a decent sale :)