DPS - The Best?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DCUO Thuo, Sep 17, 2013.

1. DCUO Thuo Level 30

Okay, not to be rude but i dont want any of this, "Every power is equal, it just depends on the power." I gurantee that if a HL dps went against a fire dps that had the same skill HL would win. I am currently using celestial but while you are up close its hard to finish combos especially in 1v1 pvp or duels. So whats the best for 1 on 1 and overall.
  2. villian O5 New Player

The only power in dps that is not equal is probably sorcery. Even that with certain moves can be good... If you want what everyone else has Gadgets, Mental, or Ice.
  3. Snix Dedicated Player

Depends on PvP and PvE. I know Ice is god-like in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Thuo Level 30

Ive heard Gadgets Mental and HL and celestial but i want like proof or something and did quantum get nerfed?
  5. villian O5 New Player

Gadgets-Photon
    Mental- Reflect Pain
    Ice- Sheilds
    There is your proof
  6. DCUO Thuo Level 30

so is quantam good or did it get nerfed and what do those moves do
  7. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

natures wolf form 1v1 and pve nature is pretty good but HL is the best PVE dps and could make an arguement for top 3 PVP ...
    • Like x 1
  8. villian O5 New Player

I'm telling you the three powers that are considered good right now.
    Photon 35% my opinion best in the game.
    Reflect pain Damage your opponent cause go back to them.
    shields- Stops damage by using shields
    Other then that look at the guides on the forums for other moves or specific numbers. but seriously you just have to get use to a powerset cause even though you got the power does not mean you will automatically dominate anyone. People can kill with just movement modes and iconics so...I dont believe with your whole hl vs fire statement
  9. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

All powers are equal is the biggest lie you can tell in this game lmao. That wouldnt even be a good thing...think about it. We would all be usin the same recolored powers...RPGs are never about equality. Trust.
  10. Rusvek New Player

Gadget PVP and HL for PvE
  11. AllanPage Committed Player

Best 1v1 Build imo is Fire Tank Gear + SP into DPS crits + Resto/Dom/Prec Mods and DPS Role.

Reasons being
    1) Being in DPS Role you get the DPS Bonuses. The difference in Prec/Might in DPS and Tank gear is not that much if you have survival in mind. PS you can use PVE Trinkets depending how ethical or unethical you are.
    2) You have 3k+ Toughness and high health.
    3) Fire also heals. Since you have the Resto/Dom mods you can heal well.

I've tried all the Powers over the years except Celestial. I have to admit for a PvP DPS troll class DPS are very useful. ie. Gadgets/HL/Mental/Quantum. HL is my favourite out of all these because I just need 1 loadout for everything and still do awesome damage. The combos that work well in PvE dont work that well for PvP as HL.
  12. ElectricPhoton New Player

You guys forgot about the debuffs.
    I can debuff anyone without using any of my ice powers, so it doesn't really matter what power it is, what really matters is the
    debuffs, their game changers in this situation.
  13. Mr DvG New Player

Quantum isn't the best pvp power by any means at all. But by you saying that Celestial isn't good in PvP... That makes my head hurt. Celestial is god-like in PvP period. You just have to learn when to go into your combo's instead of going in head first and doing your combos while someone is swinging away at you, that's just stupid, no offence. If you need help with mental, ice, celestial, fire, or HL in pvp you can reach me on the USPS3 server. That doesn't mean I'll hold your hand through it but I'll give you some effective loadouts for PvP on all of those powers.
  14. Mr DvG New Player

I must agree that this is the best power in the game, does it need a nerf? Yes, but only because it hits incredibly hard when you're at full health. That's the only thing that needs adjusted IMO
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr DvG New Player

Terrible power period, makes you incredibly easy to kill. NEVER use this. And I have beaten several HL dps's that are extremely geared and skilled with mental powers. So, saying that it's the absolute best power is completely false. If you're equally geared, and I mean skill points as well, and the power is there then HL does not trump all powers by any means.
  16. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Guess you never met this dude :p
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO Thuo Level 30

w
    add thuo on the usps3 server and we can talk loadouts
  18. villian O5 New Player

I am guessing you have not either.
  19. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

notice my main's power type ... i've been mental for over 2 years(since birth) and i know that mental is a overall slower power ... you statement "beaten several HL" is irrelevant I'm saying that when you look at the Powers, the Actual Damage Per Second, at their peak mental and HL are close but it takes mental a period longer to get it's maximum DPS out. HL pretty much starts at a quicker pace and is equally talented amongst adds and boss matches where mental tree-setup will not allow it to be equally as good in both departments

that was PVE in PVP

the best PVP power types favor precision since power disbursement is not as fluent and so this is a Huge HL advantage also to seperate 1v1 dueling and arena where i would favor

HL in arenas: because it can DPS like PVE content and remain effective. The Low account for SC is a plus and the fact that constructs help you build uf SC faster Than all powers goes hand and hand w/ my last point.

Mental for a 1v1 duel because mental have a lot of important moves that can punish opponents with a barrage of tatics you can go defensive w/ grandure convalence tele shield reflect pain
    Offensive w/ Menance Mass Terror phantom flames (finisher) etc.

if you challenge this plz argue in detail, because to broad a statement and i will not reply TY
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Quantum has the best dps supercharge (Oblivion) in the game .
    • Like x 1