Controller Weapon Choices

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lights Derp, May 31, 2013.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup another controller thread lol. We've has a lot of good discussions regarding controllers lately so lets continue that with weapon choices.

Now I'm by no means the best controller in the game so what I'm about to say is my opinion as I see it lol.

Ok so weapons for controllers, the standard go to weapons are bow, dual pistols, rifle, hand blasters, and brawling (HL only). Personally I like throw Martial Arts into the mix as well. So what are the pro's and con's of each of these weapons?

Bow: fast attack, stationary (slight creep on flurry shot), good single target juggle, good targeted AOE stun, requires the most SP, very "clicky"
    Dual Pistols: fast attack, good mobility, good single target juggle, target frontal cone push+stun, can get you into the danger zone if not careful
    Rifle: fast attack, good regen, good mobility, nice single target juggle, good targeted AOE stun., frontal come CC requires melee range
    Hand Blasters: fast attack, good regen, stationary (slight creep with solar flair), good single target stun, good targeted AOE juggle, attacks and "stick" when clipped.
    Brawling: best regen in the game for HL, bonus control resistance, HL only
    Martial Arts: fast attack, stationary, good single target stun, good frontal cone stun, additional control resistance, takes a long time to hit lvl2 regen

I think that's about it for viable controller weapons. With what I've listed above I believe that HB is the way to go due to the fast regen and the CC applications.

Have I missed anything? Am I way off the mark or just plan wrong? Lol

Lets talk it out :D

-Derp
  2. LANT3RNtrey Active Player

That pretty much sums it up. I personally love dual pistols. Never really tried hand blasters. I also really enjoy rifle. I've played as a troller since day one and still love it. It's the most fun and engaging role in my opinion.
  3. Octantis New Player

Pistols is always my go-to. Nothing quite like the massive group pushback of Full Auto when used as a burst instead of the primary attack.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  5. Bobburt Committed Player

I used to troll with dual pistols until I switched to hand blasters. It became so much easier keeping up because the fast hit counter. And solar flame is an incredible aoe damager.
  6. Clutch_GT New Player

Guess I'm the only odd ball who trolls with a staff :cool:
  7. Silver Wing New Player

unless they changed it since the last time i used HB pulse beam is the fastest regen move in the game. I use DP right now because i havnt found my 80-83 or above HBs yet.
  8. Octantis New Player

It's the fastest for Ranged Weapons. 2h is the fastest for Melee, but Brawling with Light beats all.
  9. Dark Warrior Active Player

My Controller has always used Hand Blasters.
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I just finished a flirtation with the bow - couldn't get used to it, so back to dual pistols. Will probably go back to HBs for a while if a decent pair ever drops.
  11. Octantis New Player

Same here. I keep giving it chances, but bow just isn't for me. And while we do have a love-hate relationship, I'm kind of liking my Rifle at the moment. I do believe it builds a combo the second fastest of the Ranged weapons. I would argue that in terms of combo building and the speed of increasing the hit counter thereof, the order of weapons is:

1) Handblaster - Pulse Beam
    2) Rifle - Lunge + Backflip
    3) Pistols - Slipshot + Jump Shot
    4) Bow - Flurry Shot

After using each weapon extensively (and I do mean extensively) I feel pretty confident in my ranking.
  12. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I agree with this except I believe that arrowstorm is faster for regen then flurry shot, at least it felt that way to me.
  13. Octantis New Player

No, you're probably right :)
  14. MetalMario Loyal Player

Full auto can block break multiple turtling paradox creatures in central city. I'd count that as a nice plus.

I'd add 1H too since you can set up a spin chop in the time it takes for instant power to cool down. Flurry is also a decent stun.
  15. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Most of troll are HB or dual pistol personnaly I prefer to be stationary and roll when needed but some troll prefer dual pistol for the mobility.
  16. exSOLDIER Cloud New Player

I haven't been playing for very long, but I have been experimenting with all the roles, and I find the controller to be extremely fun. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm very good at it yet. Two handed is my go to weapon because it knocks a lot of enemies on their butts, and it also has a few vitalization and dominance boosts, but apparently it's not the best idea for a troller to just hop in front of a boss and yell, "Leroy". lol Idk, am I crazy to try to make gadgets/two handed/acrobatics work?