Canary Cry Resonance Issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ThatDCUOguy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. ThatDCUOguy New Player

I dont know if this is just me but I have ran the solo and the four man every day on all three of my toons and i am not getting hardly any drops. I've ran all three of my toons multiple times a day and I only have four Canary Cry Resonance catalyst. Why are they not dropping hardly at all?
  2. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Catalysts for the OP item are supposed to take a significant time to acquire. It is a grind and designed to be so. Some players get around this because they can buy the catalysts on the Market Place even at very high prices. (Which is why I have seen a couple of players already have it. One wonders if they even sleep during the first week of a new DLC :p )

Like you I have run the content every day. So far I have four, which puts me on a pace to get the OP piece at least a month before a new DLC drops. I enjoy the grind and am in no particular hurry. In addition, especially at the current CR levels, the OP item only gives you an incremental boost. Hardly a game changer. I place the OP item firmly in the "nice to have but hardly necessary" category.

If you want to boost your speed, and if you have the time, you can run alts through the content and send any catalysts to your Main.
    • Like x 4
  3. vespa neo Active Player

Does it drop in event mode?
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Imo no I've never seen it drop there.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

These catalysts should just be added to the vendor to be purchased with the Episode currency.

We can buy the rare drop Purple gear to get the styles in case our luck with drops is bad. I ran Metal II every day for the entire life of the Episode with a single character and ended up with 12/60 of the Monitor Energy. There is no point to OP items if a character is expected to not be able to get them until long after they stop being an upgrade.

If Canary Cries were on the vendor for 15 Lexcoins each, that would still be a ton of farming, but at least towards the end of the Episode we could combine the drops that we got with the extra currency we earned and have a shot at actually getting the item while it's useful. With the current system, I just sell my Canary Cries because I know that I will never have enough to unlock the OP item, and I don't want to have to burn up extra inventory slots forever to keep a half-finished OP item that I never get enough catalysts for.

At least with the Collections system, if you had it half-done and never got the right drops, it didn't take up space.
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You forgot that the OP item is still valid for the next Episode after it's release and can also still be used for the one after that for certain roles like healers or just to trigger the next Elite bonus.
    On top of that, if you do know that it is not possible for you because you only have one toon, then just sell the op catalysts you get as early as you can. Past their episode their prices drop considerably. Only speaking for EU but during Metal II the Monitor Energy sold for 5mil+ , now it's 2mil. Same will happen to the Canary Cry Resonance.

I run the BoP Episode on three toons but to be honest lost surely over two weeks of total loot due to doing other stuff and bought the remaining 10 for my op legs a week ago. However, I sold like 15 of these CCRs in the first 2 weeks.

One thing I recodnized at least with ppl I talked about it was, that they all were spamming FBe or CTe for the first few weeks. I instead was running VMF more often and tbh with the average group, FBe or CTe takes about the same time, three runs of VMF take with a decent group. I lost a few marks, sure, but I got way more Exobytes, Purple drops, CCRs and the other twos.
    This is of course only valid if you are willing to replay a few instances a bit.

Bottom line though: I am in favour of adding these rare Catalysts to the vendor once the Episode falls out of relevancy; simply because of the styles attached to the OP items. For the stats, I don't care much for them. I beat all elite content with only blue gear and there was never a time when I really really needed that stat boosts.
    OP items are just a carrot on a stick to keep replaying content to get to them faster. Their impact an your and your groups playing experiences is purely a placebo effect in my book. That, and of course "flexing" for the people who still care about this.
  7. El Marcios Level 30

If you run with alts and go on DLC Vendor, you can see that it is already do
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If it does, it will be even rarer than in the normal version because the item itself is used in an item that has minimum CR requirements. When you run the event version of VMF the legs do not drop for you so I would not expect Canary Cry Resonance to drop there either.
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The catalysts you buy are not Canary Cry Resonances. There is a single catalyst that you need to purchase for each level of breakthrough and that is the one you buy from the vendor.

On a side note... something that would not have become obvious with the Metal: Part II waist, because the waist has no mod socket... if you want the same toon to be able to level up a second OP item for dual role purposes you have to still collect the same number of catalysts and the only advantage you gain by having one is that the vendor catalysts are half price. Metal: Part I had the most alt-friendly way of doing it. Once you completed your first OP neck you could then purchase a new "Dark Robin's Gift" for 10 Dark Metal Coins, and then for 10 Dark Metal Coins each purchase the "key catalyst" necessary to open it... total spent: 40 Dark Metal Coins. The system in place now not dual role friendly.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

"Run it with alts" is not an acceptable answer.

Each character should be able to be self-sufficient. When the drop rates are so bad that a character can run every single lootlock, never missing one, and obtain only 20% of what they need during the life of the Episode, that is not acceptable.

They need to be put on the vendor. That encourages players to run the content, ALL the content, because the Marks actually have purpose and value.

I bought everything from Metal I & II. The gear, the Elite gear, and every single style piece (even both of the Materials when you only need one for the feat). And the end result was 12 Monitor Energies. Apparently I am expected to run that content for five times that long just to farm a catalyst, when there is literally no other purpose to be there. Nope.

Put the catalysts on the vendor and let us purchase them with episode currency.

Or better yet, go back to the JLD crafting system where people could actually complete the item.
    • Like x 2
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's an ideal. :)

I suspect they'll reject it, however. :(
  12. Jay Leon Hart New Player

Huh, I had no idea you could get a 2nd one so cheap. Pity you can't do that on an alt, even with all the relevant feats unlocked. Oh well.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah I liked that system more. However, people will cry they can't beat elite, then the catalysts will sell for 300mil like they did, then the devs mess something up, then everyone spams elite because it's a cakewalk due to a bug, then it get's fixed after players that can actually beat elite complained, then the damage is done.

The way it is now, you don't need to beat elite. People still spam raids instead of the alerts, that's why the CCR is less seen on the broker. A perfect system that still requires constant gameplay plus would ensure players to get there within the lifespan of the Episode isn't what we have now, neither is it what you're suggesting.
    I mean yeah, it would increase microtransactions for sure, like, so much, but in the end, there wouldn't be any longevity for this.
  14. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I did wonder about this.

I was close to getting the OP pants done and used a bunch of replays to do F&B a few times for canaries and lex coins. Previously (prior to the addition of the mega capsules), there seemed to be a reasonable chance for canaries to drop.

Needing only 3 more canaries for the required 30, I ran the regular dailies then ran F&B 8 times and received zero canaries throughout. Eventually, needing only 1 more lex coin for the final vendor catalyst, I re-ran the solo and received 2 canaries in one run. This made me think it was probably just some seriously bad luck on the RNG that I hadn't had one before then.

I dunno. *shrug*
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

This is a valid theory since it happened before, that new additions to the loot table threw off the regular loot table to an extent.
    However, I'd advise you to run alerts for the CCR anyways. Since the ABC Gun or whatever it is called is the raid-only OP-catalyst, it dampens the drop chances of Cries
  16. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I wasn't sure the new mega caps would have any effect because they should be sourcing from different tables, assuming there are different tables for 'open drops' and 'reward drops'.
  17. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

It doesn't matter if it’s collections or crafting items...there WILL ALWAYS BE ONE THING THAT HAS A HORRIBLE DROP RATE! In metal part 1, there were 2 collections that were ridiculous! All we can do is voice our opinion or boycott the game until changes are made, but nobody would agree to that!
  18. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

The drop rate is pretty bad recently I got about 40 by the time I got the markes for the catalist but I've had days where 15 alts got 3 from solo total and then days where I got 1 from hive master and Lobo on a single run and 20 altogether in a 3 days time. Oh and they only drop in solo and alert not raids so if you trying to get them in raids you won't see them
  19. Brit Loyal Player

Actually, the JLD expansion ran an OP item where everything had reasonable drop rates. It was entirely feasible for a player to get the item on multiple characters, with every character being able to be self-sufficient.

I'll never understand how they hit such a homerun with JLD, and then decided to revert to the much more hated collections system immediately afterwards. And then, after quitting with collections and going back to the crafting system, they managed to change it in such a way that instead of being what the players loved, it became even worse than the collections. Now it's just the same obnoxious waiting for rare drops, but with an added annoyance of also permanently occupying inventory slots with the progress on an OP item that will never be finished.
    • Like x 2
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Trial and error, testing new things, seeing what works and what does not. I understand why they are doing it. If you don't have data you're just working on assumptions and that's not really a good idea.
    And as I've mentioned, in JLD you had to beat elite last boss in both raids to get a chance to drop the enhanced catalysts and the argument to get them from the broker would also be true for CCRs.