Can we introduce Lobo soon?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thelostczarnian, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

I personally can't stand lobo, for example in the only justice league episode he appeared in he disgraced the death of super man like 20 times, no to mention the guy is a raging egotistical maniac, he calls himself the main man yet he rarely is the main man in any comics he appears in he does not have his own comic in the new 52 which is more proof he is not important in the dcu. While firestorm has a sprt in the justice league, so if that warrants a legends character before someone like the flash then I don't feel it can hold the name DC universe online while bluntly disrespecting very important character the universes history and including trash like lobo.
  2. petvpets New Player

You see, I am a villain. Naturally you are going to hate this guy. No issues or problems from my end.

So someone else doesnt like superman, that makes 2 of us then.

I personally think superman/flash/ any of the lanterns are trash characters but it seems the good guys that "MUST" win are whats popular. not everyone loves the "good" hero characters.

Kinda sick of playing heroes and doing heroic things.. so boring.
  3. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

See here's the thing I am totally biased towards the characters I like and everyone is, but the reason you think those characters are trash is the same reason many people love them. Now their popularity is what gets them their own comics yet lobo does not have his own comic which means he is not very popular and from a business prospective soe wants to appeal to a big audience one that lobo won't draw. That is why lobo does not deserve a spot in this game.
  4. petvpets New Player

true

I dont doubt for a second you couldnt have DCUO type game without the staples. Batman, superman, joker, lex etc they are all there.

I knew who they were but wasnt the reason why i started playing, def not the reason i Keep playing... but Mark Hamill playing joker and when the pvp dlc dropped on was all over it... every other dlc has been meh in my eyes when its just content but no substance. The last laugh was the first and only dlc that had character/substance a life.

I remember they had licence for something like 200 characters...we dont know what they are but they do. I figured a lot of it is speculation.

End of the day you know as well as I do why Lobo was created and what he represents., rather then being a stock standard super hero/villain with a full 30 odd issues per year deal. Do many villains themselves get a comic book spread like the heroes do ? I mean are there comics with the villain as the main character and then there are heroes in it (as its the only way they can get a mention) I cant seem to see that, so naturally heroes are going to be pushed forward is my point.

In saying that, for me it is not about the characters history for why i want them in the game, but as another toon for legends. Hell I wouldnt even mind supermans dog as a toon to play with.
  5. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

[IMG]Lobo and his pet Dawg and he switches from rifle to one handed hook!
  7. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Much as I love Lobo, I will concede your point that there are other character that probably should be in the game before him. That said, I am not sure Firestorm is one of them.

I do not equate JL membership, or even one's own comic book as a testament to how "popular" a character is. There are plenty of characters that where in the Justice League as filler. Are you telling me we should have Ice in the game because she was part of the Justice League? I don't think she is any more popular/important then Lobo? and I would rank Firestorm about the same.

Flash I would give you, but then one could argue that flash is in the game, Not as a Legends character, but he is present, where are Lobo is not.
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

Lobo has been featured in comics before. Flash already has a whole dlc based on him. Firestorm...never heard of him till recently so i wont comment. Lobo was the only character that was ever worthy to replace Superman (and did a fine job of it to boot) even if it was short lived.
  9. WorldsDown New Player

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As much as I'd love to see him as a playable or non-playable character in the game, I think at the end of the day Lobo is just too hardcore for a game like this. Now if only this was an "M" rated game... ;)
  10. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

Most of my toons are heroes.
    But LOBO isn't a real villain - surely no hero.
    He is what he is - the main man.
    LOBO ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Lobo in the JL cartoon series is ok but that's not the Lobo I want. I want the crazy, loner, space dolphin loving, super strong, cool biker that no matter if it's a good deed or a bad deed if it helps him out then he will do it. Lobo isn't the prototypical villain so it makes him way more interesting to me than most villains or heroes do. He killed off his entire race. He has fought and beaten some of the toughest and strongest people in the comics. His character is egotistical, maniacal, rude, self serving, loves drinking, has few friends, and is normally hilarious in a dark humor sort of way.

Lobo isn't in the new 52 yet, but tons of other characters aren't either. Saying a character isn't important because they haven't shown up the new universe yet is dumb. With that logic then Wally West isn't important, Ted Kord isn't important, Huntress isn't important, and Bizarro isn't important since they also aren't in the new 52 universe yet.
    • Like x 4
  12. WorldsDown New Player

Same thing I was thinking, and it's because of those reasons why he will ALWAYS be one of my favorite DC characters.
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I would be happy if they just had him show up and say something about how he's bounty hunting some no good space dolphin poacher and wondering if we've seen him. We could say yes and help him or no and fight him.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I will agree there are others that should be made legends before Lobo. Primarily because of missing movement/weapons in legends. Flash(for a speedster) and one I would buy/EARN, Green Arrow(for a bow in legends).

There are always RUMORS of a Lobo motion picture in the works, last I heard was Dwayne Johnson as Lobo. So Lobo, I feel, is not completely on the back burner at DC. I am positive the Main Man, who is neither Hero nor Villain, will shoot his way into this New 52 stuff.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trees New Player

Umm he is in the game...... Lobo hoodie!!!!! lol
  16. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

See my thought is go for the more popular characters first then add some cool less popular characters like red tornado, firestorm, blue Beatle, and booster gold, but first you have to add the most popular characters.
  17. Larfleeze New Player

I doubt he'd ever be in the game because he's one of those "R" rated characters that kid friendly games try to avoid like the plague.
  18. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

True, but if they were able to take Starfire from the "sex-incarnate" being she is in the comics and make it kid-friendly, I'm sure they can do the same with Lobo.
  19. Larfleeze New Player

There's a difference in someone wearing provocative clothing and someone who curses every other word, is constantly smoking cigars and drinking, and overall being your typical "super hardcore badass don't **** with me cause i'll **** you back" trope.

And, fyi, when the game launched Starfire wasn't the "sex-incarnte" she is in Nu52.
  20. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I have to agree with you. More popular characters should get top billing. Lobo is one of MY favorite characters in the DCU. I am more aged than many gamers, so when Lobo premiered he was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise black/white, Hero/Villain DC Universe. Here's a guy that would beat up Superman one day, then help Superman the next. As a kid, I thought that was cool and I've followed him ever since. Sorry, I exposed my geek.