Birds of Prey gear showcase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Screenshots from the stream.

Event gear: Huntress, regular & enhanced. Shame the hood doesn't have hair. :(

[IMG]

Vendor gear: Harley Quinn, regular & elite. There are emblem slots on shoulderpads, jacket's back and hammer's sides.

[IMG]

New OP item (from the test server).

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Why do we need to get always the same crappy hood with no visible hair every time? After all good they did with the characters refreshment we got disappointed again! This was the perfect moment to make something special, something we never got before like a hood with visible hair but once again the opportunity was wasted...
    • Like x 6
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if they made the Hood with visible hair, it would be tied to one hair style and if that hairstyle would've been the same as the onr from the remodeled Huntress, it would eventually Clip badly into certain chestpiece styles.

This is/was Always the reason they didnt do it.

the only Workaround would be a set Hair-Head-Chest piece style, wich would be very weird since you have 2 style Slots less to choose from then.
    • Like x 1
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Or they could make an additional, optional style with the hair for those who want it. Like a vendor reward or something. Gear can stay hairless.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still upsetting that none of in-game hoods feature hair. :(
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

I love the styles so much. Finally non-bulky female styles! So many style options too! Also I can finally make my Nikki Bella style with that backwards cap :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This feels underwhelming tbh.

The Harley Quinn Gear doesn't have any of the diamonds or little details that makes it pop out, instead making it feel like it's a split personality 2.0 set.

The Huntress style should've had the hair pop out of the hood, and like I said.. the suit reminds me of the high density gear set.
    • Like x 5
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just want the backwards baseball cap.
    • Like x 1
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Elite version has diamond-like pattern, but it also looks a bit more glittery.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Plus the shoulders, back of the jacket and back piece will take an emblem, so if someone's got the Harley emblem from a past TC they get to add at least a little more of a Harley vibe to the outfit.
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Yeah I mentioned it in the first post.

11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

….

See, this is what happens when you're tired and don't pay attention to all posts. :D To my credit I DID check the post I quoted to make sure it hadn't been mentioned. LOL
    • Like x 3
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Lol it happens sometimes, no worries. :)
  13. Ascended Well-Known Player

They styles are well made but I'm underwhelmed.

On their own, they're fine. I'll use bits and pieces of both for some alts, and the Huntress style is way better than her original PvP one. But it's starting to bother me that TC styles are getting a lot more effort than episode gear. I mean, the Oracle gear has glow effects as a default, and the elite is reactive. That's a lot of shiny. Meanwhile, the episode gear looks super bland by comparison, and the Harley elite version just looks like it has the new TC chroma applied to it (which is good, I guess, since the TC chroma has an impossible drop rate).

And more to the point, we already have gear for these two iconics (even if the styles are old and not as sharp as current graphics). Where's the love for Black Canary? I really had my heart set on a Canary style in this episode, and now I'm just gonna have to wait and hope that in a few months when extra rewards are added, Canary gets a jacket or fishnets style. And I'll have to pay hundreds of marks for that (if such styles are even included) just for the visual, instead of paying half the price for actual gear that has stats attached.

The gear looks fine, but the devs clearly put way more effort into the TC gear and that annoys me, and I already have Harley and Huntress gear, while poor Canary is still left out in the cold.
    • Like x 2
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Well in the stream they said that some styles of other characters will be available as rewards throughout the duration of episode. Perhaps there's still be something.
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

Well, where do I start. When I saw the models I knew the styles were going to be based on Huntress and Harley, which is cool.

However, Harley style looks very similar to her Bombshell style, but Harley is a overrated popular character that has many styles in game: pvp, Jester, head style, Bombshell, even a hairstyle. Meh.
    But I gotta admit I welcome that its missing the diamonds and hearts details because that would have been too restrictive. So thank you for that!

Huntress. I love the style, the crossbows, the tail of the chest but... HOW ON EARTH THEY DIDN'T MADE THE HOOD WITH HAIR. FOR ONCE!!! what a MASSIVE DISSAPOINT, seriously how many basic hoods do we have already available in game?
    It was pretty obvious everyone would prefered a hood with hair for once.
    I hope they make a version with hair available at some point because I was really waiting for that.
    Overall looks too much like Green Arrow and the hair would have been a way to stand out more.

Same for Black Canary jacket, it could have been part of a briefing reward but I guess we will get only base items AGAIN.
    Canary doesnt have a single style on game based on her, I knew its a more street clothes style but still...
    Even Zatanna has better hair and fishnets than her, when fishnets are Black Canary signature. Oh man.

Like someone said above, it shows they save the best styles for extra rewards and TC. And it sucks!

I could not believe a BoP episode would dissapoint me after wanting it since beta (yes I play since beta), but here I am all mad. Rant over! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do like that the Harley style has asymmetrical shoes, that was always a pet peeve of mine regarding the Bombshell version.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Isn't Harley Quinn's suit a form of street clothes in a way?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all she does is wear a Jacket, tights, and heels.

Fairly sure that counts.

And as far as the Huntress gear being similar to GA: I called it.

Everyone wanted the gear and I was the only one who said it looked too similar to High Density.... so "I told yall so." as the saying goes.

Extra Reward styles are crap outside of materials, it's obvious they save the best for the TC.

I even called that part out when I was asking what gives with seasonal events, because those have been just as lackluster; looks like content is getting the same mediocre treatment.

Overall: I had a feeling these styles were going to be a let down, and I was proven right. Good thing I don't really get into end-game content anymore lol.
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Had my fingers crossed for ivy hand style cross bow killer cape and harley jacket is nice .
    Wonder if the heros will get a chance of a new lex armor set as later rewards since Jimmy olsen can wear it we should be able to aswell !.
  19. inferno Loyal Player

Although, I am not keen on the styles, I'm glad we got more female-based styles for our female player/alts. I also wish they were able to put hairstyles in the hood.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

I hope so. I'm sure there'll be *something* Canary related somewhere. But what are the options? A collection that'll be expensive and difficult to complete, a vanity item added to the vendor in a few months for a minimum of 100 marks, or a investigation I'll struggle to complete because the rest of the group refuses to wait five seconds for me to grab the node.

If there's quality Canary gear I'll grab it, but I'm really not very impressed with these options. I'm either burning time and in-game cash on the collection, spending marks on vanity items instead of gear, or getting yelled at for taking time to grab the investigations.

But hey, on the bright side they did say they were experimenting with the missions right? Maybe they'll experiment with rewards and offer something that makes up for things. I have greatly enjoyed the DLC's over the last year or two, so maybe they'll turn it around for me. And ultimately, not getting the Canary gear I wanted is a "me" problem and not a "dev" problem, but I still find it sad that Canary got passed over for two characters who already have gear styles in-game.