Atom attack buff + Aura issue

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Zoros, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Zoros Active Player

Before I explain the issue, I do not believe this problem is a bug, it may or may not be intended, but if it is not intended, it is something that should be examined and adjusted to promote balance. I found this issue on test during the GU 56 testing phase ( I honestly do not know the length of time it has existed.)

please feel free to watch this video in 720p/fullscreen for a clearer view.

[IMG]

As you see above Atom-Powered (strictly activated by itself) is supposed to give you the buffs above. Instead, both on live and on test, atomics Atom-Powered assault does not give you any of these buffs listed in the official description of Atom-powered assault in the image above from dcuo wiki attack buff description and all you receive is a 45% damage bonus for a few seconds for activating atom-powered assault in dps stance.

If receiving 0 buffs besides 45% damage for activating Atom-Powered assault was intended, then this indicates a heavy imbalance when it comes to comparing atomics attack buff to fire and ice attack buffs (fiery weapon and ice bash.)

[IMG]

A quark-gluon aura is active for around 12 seconds or so I believe. However, the attack buffs provided from this aura are supposed to last the entire duration of the aura and they currently last for 0.5 seconds :D. I have a feeling that these problems may not have been intentional, but just in case I may be wrong, I wil leave this post here instead of the bug forum, a developer may be able to explain why they are intentional if that is the case.
  2. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Atom powered assault is supposed to enable your attacks to Proc 3 might based damage ticks. You appear to be confusing that it is a shortcut to attaining the Quark-Gluon Aura which gives you the crit and might buffs you're referencing. No conspiracy here.
  3. Zoros Active Player

If what your saying is true, they would need to fix the description of Atom-Powered assault. It is under the "buffs column" the description of its buff is +7% critical attack, +10% critical attack and ability damage, and +15% might. Since it is under the attack buffs column, that power exclusively by itself should provide those buffs since that description strictly describes the buff from the activation of atom-powered assault. Besides, 3 (very small mind you) might based damage procs for an attack buff and that is it? Would not be much of an attack buff if that were true in comparison to the attack buffs from the other three tank powers (reinforce

Even under the condition of you being correct, the Quark-Gluon aura buff should not have a duration of .5 seconds, which is literally as long as the buff lasts, the aura lasts the full duration of 12 seconds. Reinforce +7% Critical Attack & Ability Chance +15% Precision. Fiery weapon +7% Critical Attack & Ability Chance +10% Critical Attack & Ability Damage +15% Might. Ice Bash with 3 might procs similar to Atom-powered assault + it adds 10% critical weapon attack damage (12s) + 10% critical ability attack damage (12s) + 5% critical weapon attack chance. Things do not add up, if that "attack buff" is simply 3 might procs just like ice bash with no buffs provided by the buff solely by itself, it would clearly be an indication of imbalance, I don't believe it is intended. Even if it was, why do I need to activate an aura to receive attack buffs from atom-powered assault, when atom powered assault is supposed to be my primary buff, just a lot of discrepancies. Certainly needs to be looked at, not up to par with the other weapon buffs. Not saying you are wrong, but if you are indeed right, atom powered assault still needs to be examined and the buff provided by the aura needs to last 12 seconds.
  4. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

It's just might ticks like menace (mental) and intimidation (gadgets). The only useful part of it is the fact that it starts the AM rotation for geigar which means that in pvp just by having APA on your atomic combos will bb on the first use from the tray or be vulnerable to block as well. It's prob an error on the part of the wiki-site for them to have that description as such when those extra stats are attained from just the aura which is why during testing stage/even on live some people will get their aura before they fight/willingly get countered during fight just in an attempt to keep their aura on because without it you don't have those boosts.
  5. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

As a side note, yes that certainly sucks, which is why I go resto/prec on my atomic and just have proton remedy running 24/7. Take a sustain route vs. damage to avoid giving free blues from trying to keep that aura up. Honestly I wish they would change intimdation and menace as well since they're relatively useless compared to the other buffs in pvp. Mental and gadgets could use the extra 15% might buff in pvp especially.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

The in-game descriptions for the Quark-Gluon Aura, which is in the descriptions of the power trees, and Atom-Powered Assault match their effects as they behave currently in-game.

Note that the current effects tab does not show an accurate depiction of the actual current effects at times it comes from the game looking at what powers trigger effects. In this case it lists Atom-Powered Assault when it is used as the shortcut to acquiring the Quark-Gluon Aura similar to how using some powers that renew the duration of burning while not actually applying it themselves, like Mass Detonation, will cause the game to list the Burning ticks of damage as Mass Detonation in the combat log. In this case, you are likely seeing the duration of Atom-Powered Assaults proc triggers when it is listing it in the current effects.