Armory gear Box

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Voaxghost, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

It's a Box that you put all your gear in for an armory that takes up one inventory / bank slot. What do you say! Who's with me! :D
    • Like x 5
  2. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Working as intended. Buy more inventory/bank slots
    • Like x 1
  4. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I'd buy that for a dollar.
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

I would rather see the "Armory" store the gear for the build that's been imprinted.

After all, being ex-Army, an Armory is for storage.
  6. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Armory.... Armory Gear Box :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ummm before the backlash begins .. as a retired military member myself. MAN HAS A POINT. An armory is where weapons and ammo are stored. Not a cute display case where you hang up your uniform when your not wearing it. What we have could actually be called a "special closet"

And Fatal not to pick on you but I have already bought extra inventory slots like 3 times both for my bank and my inventory. And considering all the stuff they put out these days that we either do without or PAY to own would it be asking SO MUCH to get something useful maybe ONCE in a while that was free? A box to throw all my gear for my off role would be a much better freebie than SERVO was a few years back. LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Prob 1: Some items I have are tied to more than 1 armory.

So then... One slot with a box that holds all armory items.

Prob 2: I want access to those items while in another armory loadout. What do I do? Open the inventory armory box, and move stuff out to regular inventory. Sounds not beneficial.

Prob 3: Inventory space is sold in this game, not given away.
  9. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Although I have had the idea cross my mind before, I realized why it can't be like the real world. If armory items were stored in the armory, it would not be good. As I wrote above, som it3ms are tied to more than 1 armory. Plus there is the "it is put away" problem, and you wouldn't be able to get to things. (Not everyone uses the bank for all armory items now.) Plus it would make the game have to move items differently. Now, whatever you call upon is brought from wherever, and the outgoing stuff takes its place, with anomalies going into inventory.

It is really a good idea at face value, and prob should have been designed that way in the first place. Heck for $6 an armory, they could consider the inventory space they sell covered by having some armories out there.
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

The only thing needing to be changed is the "location" of items being stored, i.e. like inventory, bank or into the
    'specified location".

The "specified location" being the addition of the storage for All Items belonging in Any Armory. Not the Armory itself, like Tech said it would be a "special closet" or "Locker" where only gear associated to Armories is stored. So more than 1 item can be imprinted onto an Armory and still be stored in a single location.

P.S. After posting I had a thought this could help stop matchbooks from being imprinted into builds, lol, never understood that happening.
  11. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Well Techwarrior said that the existing armory is more like a special closet, not that another place like a special closet should exist. The OP had suggested a special place, but I didn't like that idea.

Your idea, about armories storing the items... I like that. It should have been that way, except it makes items double imprinted to more than one armory a problem.

I think our existing special place for our existing special closets is the bank.
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

I used His term as that is basically what the armory is now, a place to hang the clothes not store the gear. "special closet"

If there were an actual "Locker/Closet" to store the gear in then slots in the bank are freed for use and (just like the bank) any gear stored in the "Locker/Closet" can be imprinted onto many armories.

Simply a different storage area instead of the Bank, maybe even make it an Amenity to be gained through collections or purchased.

I would like to see Them open up every Amenity location in the bases instead of just placing 6 anyway.
  13. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Armory banking amenity seems redundant to existing bank amenitiy. As it stands, a protobank bot can be used to recover stored gear in the field.

But with the existing call for more space, especially due to armory loadouts, how about if they expanded the bank? 2nd page even?

To sell all amenities and then not have room in any base (even the dive) for all of them is bad business. Agreed.
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

If You're accessing an Armory Build there is no need for a proto=bank bot. That's the joy of having at least a 2nd Armory while storing the extra gear in the Bank.

That option remains for those Who choose to not "collect/purchase" the item or use only 1 Armory.

A 2nd page takes as much space as would be needed for a "Gear Locker". Granted the artwork does exist already for a 2nd page that I have to admit.

You can't place all of the Amenities as it is now and they are still sold in the MP. 1 more wouldn't make a difference.
  15. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

One more does not make a difference. They should allow for anything purchasable to be used with the requirements advertised with it. Nowhere does it indicate if you buy the amenitites you may only use 6, unless you also buy another deed. So, indeed, yes, 6 amenitiy spots is a bad thing, even as it is - and it is not a reason to stop thinking about more amenities.

Sometimes you want to get your dual pistols from the other armory build, or made some mistake where you realize you don't have he gear you want. And one could switch armories, remove the item to inventory, switch to the armory with most stuff they want, and then manually put the one item from inventory into equipped. And sometimes the cool down timer gets in the way. I would rarely use a protobank bot to get at armory imprinted gear in my bank, but sometimes it is needed. And this need pops up for me because I have more than 4 armories for one toon in particular. 1 armory is practically useless (but not totally), 2 is easy to manage, but with a few you start to make mistakes once in a while. (Such as even what armories are accessible on the go, and therefore may need to change gear the old fashioned way.) (Ex., I get asked into PVP arenas, but totally forget the pvp armory I have is not loaded to my choices for on the go, and I am already in the match... I would take 30 seconds or a minute to proto bank bot and switch gear.)
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

But then wont the armory box take up an inventory slot also o_O???
  17. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I have been thinking, and maybe we could ask for a Bank page, but only for people who have paid for armories. This may appease those in control, as it is a hand back to former purchasers in kindness, and a signal for new armory purchasers.

Upon a toon having a second armory (more than the free armory), a second Bank page becomes available. This Bank page will accept only items imprinted to armories.

The number of slots becomes the issue.
    - 2 rows per armory, up to however many that becomes based on further armories purchased (and installed to toon's base items)...?
    - Just another Bank page...? Lots of builds duplicate items.
    - More Bank Armory pages can be bought in the MP?
    - I dunno. I have no mods in my gear anyway. What do I know?
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

Stop, just stop.

I am agreeing with the OP suggestion of a "Gear Box" or a "Gear Locker" , the name doesn't matter, it's just a place where the gear is stored(as it is in the bank) and any piece in the :Locker: would be available for any and all builds.

Just like it is in the BANK.

I'm not going to debate with You how many armories a player may have that They forget about. You can only have 4 "activated" to use at 1 time so if You need to use more than 4 don't bother the other players with a time-out so You can activate a different armory.

And a simple addition of a different proto-bot would solve the issue.

I love DCUO so You seem to want to debate the smallest things just for the sake of being argumentative.

I'm done with replying/responding/whateveryouwishittobe with You.
  19. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

It is your reception that taints what you read. You can't discuss an idea if you can't discuss an idea.