Action Comics #1000 and Superman's 80th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Superman's 80th Celebration: Breaking News

Action Comics #1000 releases today, so we are kicking off our celebration of Superman’s 80th anniversary in DCUO with a special gift. All players will receive a Daily Planet Vending Machine for your base, so you can keep up with any news as it breaks.

Be sure to interact with it each week for the next seven weeks to check the latest news headlines from Metropolis’ greatest paper! We have a hunch the reporters there are going to be really busy for a while. The Daily Planet Vending Machine is available in the “Redeem/Claim” tab of the Marketplace menu.

FREE ACTION COMICS # 1000 Preview - Check out 5-page stories by Tom King & Clay Mann and Louise Simonson & Jerry Ordway.

Also back by popular demand is everyone’s favorite superdog, Krypto! If you missed out on collecting this loveable pup during the Anniversary Event earlier this year, Krypto is now available for purchase in the Marketplace.

Death of Superman

The celebration for Superman's 80th Anniversary continues this May and June with the Death of Superman content arc. Tune in for a preview livestream this Friday (April 20, 2018) for a look at how the celebration's first piece of content. The livestream will begin at 12PM PT over on Twitch.
    • Like x 12
  2. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Hmmm, not very impressed....
    • Like x 7
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

SUPER....boring. I enjoy reading newspapers as much as the next guy but hopefully the rest of the event is much more eventful..
    • Like x 11
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice!

Idea: It would be great if that base item could give us news on updates in-game, as not many players actually use/frequent the forums. That way any breaking news you can get in your own base.
    • Like x 9
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Well I thought we would at leat get a statue or a comics book Superman emblem for the 80th anniversary sadly I was wrong.
    • Like x 1
  6. Expecting someone taller New Player

Yay! Celebrating eighty years of a character with his death!

Only in DCUO... o_O
    • Like x 7
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Excellent
    • Like x 2
  8. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I totally disagree with all of you this is SUPER!;)
    • Like x 2
  9. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Awesome! Thanks!
  10. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I'm guessing the 7 weeks of 'news' will be 7 weeks of gifts.
    • Like x 2
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I just hope it's not a 7 part collections that gives us an aura.
    • Like x 5
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Maybe all the emblem crying will be solved if you collect all 7! If so, i hope u can sell it cause i hate everything about superman!
    • Like x 1
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

14. Vesper Dedicated Player

Jimminy Christmas folks. The livestream hasn't even gone up yet and the servers are still down. We don't even know WHAT the event is yet and y'all are already griping!

The Daily Planet vendor is a FREE GIFT for your base. Not "only" item for event. Not "sole" item for event. It's ON TOP OF whatever the event turns out to be.

Y'all need to chill.

***Hey Mepps, if anyone doesn't want their Daily Planets, please send them to Vesper, US-PC Villain. Just sayin'. ;)
    • Like x 9
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I wish i could have one for Every Toon and Base I have :*(
    • Like x 2
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t think this was on anyone’s wish list.

More content please. We are here to play a game.
    • Like x 5
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

When you look at the stuff we got for other Superheroes days like Batman and Flash even the Aquaman sruff we got when Water came out this is a big let down for an 80th anniversary.
    • Like x 1
  18. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

free loyalty points and replays pleaseeee
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

HOW? How *exactly* is it a "letdown" when YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS yet? You DO NOT know. All you, I, or anyone else who doesn't work for Daybreak knows at this specific moment in time is that you just got a FREE Daily Planet Vendor for your base.

You don't know the content. You don't know the rewards. You don't know the details, the highlights, the lowlights, the story. YOU. DON'T. KNOW.

NONE of us knows. The not-knowing is called a surprise. And the related FREE gift PRIOR to the surprise is called a teaser.

All of y'all are whining about a TEASER.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 10
  20. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Every post has been level headed.

Just because you don't agree with people doesn't mean they need to "chill".

As for myself, I just find it a bit disheartening when the devs announce the Superman Event is set for April but in reality the actual content won't be released until May at the earliest.

The date for the Event has been changed from April to May and players are allowed to be unhappy with that.
    • Like x 6