Test Discussion GU139: Ability Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

That's my point lol. You don't use AH. With this change, are you more or less likely to use it now? If ya didn't use it before when it could be a great heal, the best heal, without the animation...you're certainly not going to use it if your stuck in animation. Also, you didn't get "the full benefit" the damage wasn't applied when you cancel it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

& the goal should be to make it less niche & more of a staple ability.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Oh snap I would rather be able to cancel out of the animation and still get the heals from Absorb Heat than get a 20% increase per tick. With that regard I hope other powers get nerfed (fixed) just like fire.
  4. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

The only reason it was a "staple ability" was because of the exploit. If you couldn't cancel it and keep the entire HOT it wouldn't even see widespread usage as a fire tank. As it doesn't need to be. If you are a fire tank, which I sincerely question from how you are speaking about it, what are you even planning to drop so that you can run AH as a "staple ability"? Are you planning on not running a range pull and just tank with backdraft? then how are you applying burning for backdraft? stoke flames only ever 12s? Backdraft is the only burst heal and add management without taking flashpoint so that is at least 2-3/6 set aside already. The actual staple ability of fire in immolation having a near perma 35% damage mitigation active working in manacles procs, which are also easy for fire. That is another loadout slot so we are left with 2. You could take burning determination since you seem so set on Healing but I feel most will want HLS which leaves 1 slot open. For a supercharge shield, for burnout if you are using the superman ally, which providing a group shield mitigation would seem pretty practical for those elite and elite+ content runs so that is 6, for AD or PD. The only practical scenario you can run AH in is when you only have a single target boss and don't need backdraft. Purely ST fights with no adds are not the most common engagements. So please tell me where, when and why AH should be a "staple ability" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

And I hope that's the take away the devs get from my input. I want my powerset, to be the best it can be. I'm a very passionate Fire player. It's what I've stuck with all these years, even at the worst times when we had to use iconic pulls to even do our job effectively. It's been quite a evolution over 12 years, and I want to see Fire succeed, not take a step back. I'm glad at least a few people get my perspective and that's all I can hope for. I guess we will just wait and see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  6. JoeDR New Player

Superman is an exploit atm too
    Are you telling ppl to use exploits? :)

Immolation burns enemies too
    Just use the best tank weapon bow ez add juggle even far away no need for backdraft
    Shields r weak af as fire ( I used shield lo and heal lo when swe+ was newest ep just wanted to mention it )
    Immolation makes superman useless for u because Immolation is higher mitigation and for group most elite plus mechs 1 hit anyways
    • Like x 2
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

This will be my last response to you, since you already made it clear you aren't even taking in the valid points players make.

Backdraft isn't the only add management. A simple jump while using engulf is plenty. There are also weapon combos. So, if AH is without animation, or at the very least has full mobility, you could use that in place of backdraft., for single boss fights, or bosses with limited adds. At that point it's just a comparison between the healing. And even your own video a long while back showing everyone at the bounty in Kahndaq, you admitted the healing was stronger....in fact, the strongest.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

You misunderstand completely friend lol.

Everyone including myself said most use it for niche scenarios. I then implied (besides getting locked in animation) b/c it functions as fire's strongest heal (outside of supercharges) it would seem that it's initial intent was for it to be a staple heal for the powerset.

I then stated since it is being changed now, it should be altered in a way so that it can actually become a staple ability while using it's full animation. One that if a player wants they have the option to trade off stoke flames in most situations & still be highly effective.

Now I know you're being a bit of a troll (not controller :p ) b/c we both know immolation, backdraft (heal/juggle), & ENGULF (the ranged pull) lol are always off limits when it comes to trying different builds lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Not a fan of the AH change but it had it coming. No big deal, since it wasnt really needed. Was nice to have it for some "oh sh*t" moment, but its not like it was a must have power and its not making Fire tanks weaker.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think they just want to be in your next video. :cool:
    • Like x 3
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

I do agree this would be a good time to also fix getting stuck in AH animation. Its really anoying.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheEnquirer Active Player

Initial Thoughts:

Fire - Absorb Heat
    As a current Fire Tank, I'm fine with this change. I'd say I use the full channel more than I don't, so personally adapting to this won't be an issue, really at all. The 20% Heal buff is definitely icing on the cake.

I would consider Fire's strongest abilities now to be Engulf > Absorb Heat >= Immolation >= Burnout (with Superman Ally) >= Hardlight Shield > and Burning Determination = Stoke Flames somewhere near the bottom.

Earth - Brick (Jackhammer --> Earthshatter)
    Earth is my favorite Tank, specifically for Brick. Any changes to improve the Pet's AI, specifically when involving casting, channeling, or combo spamming, are always welcome. Increasing Brick's durability through damage reduction with a better attack pattern is a plus.

Earth - Crystal
    Same as the above, but more dps-oriented.

Sorcery - Fury
    Same as Crystal. Sad, I personally liked the auras, someone mentioned a toggle option. Please consider adding that for those of us veteran players who initially were drawn to the power specifically for the aesthetic.

Sorcery - Watcher
    Same as Fury aesthetic changes. Please make a toggle option. Not sure why Watcher still hasn't received any changes in particular. Anything for faithful healers, please.

Again, these are just my initial thoughts. But all in all, welcome changes.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Fire is not the weakest tank power, nor is it the most difficult one to play.

This has nothing to do with artifact swapping please stop with that nonsense, please argue the merits of the change without dragging the conversation down an irrelevant tangent.

The reality is you shouldn't be getting anything when you've cancelled the move, I'm not sure on the basis of what absurd logic you find that appropriate, it was acting as a free crutch for bad fire tanks in my opinion. If you cancel the move, that's it gone, you shouldn't be getting anything out of it.

This is literally just a fix to something that has been broken. I'm not even seeing a valid argument for a dual purpose here, which is probably something I'd consider, but, it's not like you were clipping anything or even getting any kind of benefit other than a free heal from a move you weren't even doing anymore.

I'm just really not seeing your argument and find myself having to pretty much just agree with ObsidianChill, sorry.
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Can't help but agree.
  15. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

Superman is an exploit lol? its an ally ability and you don't use superman ally for yourself as a tank, it breaks too quick anyways. You are using it for the group survivability. Immolation is an 18s cooldown unless on a manacles procs and if you are truly using bow to juggle they wont even be close enough to apply the burn pi
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

I wish you the best of luck with that

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I honestly got a bit of a laugh out of that post myself, but chose not to say anything :D

I guess I just said something lol
    • Like x 1
  18. JoeDR New Player

Yes Superman is an exploit it has no cooldown atm.
    Why do I need the burn pi if I juggle them n they wont Touch me
  19. JoeDR New Player

Laugh about urself now
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If this is true which I don’t think it is .. then you need to make a ticket on it