Weirdest Players In Any Online Community

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tainted0Love, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Who gets angry at being given free items in a game?

This is the only game I've played on any platform with reaction to being given free things. Collections, base items, capsules, and such being sent to randomly selected near by people. Thanks for the junk, no. Angry messages is the reply.

Pass the stuff along, donate it to your league, sell it for cheap on the broker, ...
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's likely more the fact that some random person is opening a trade window, which interrupts what you are doing, to then just offer you crap to throw away. Assuming you are talking to that method of 'giving'.

I do know that if I'm grouped up doing some daily work, or maybe working on a count feat, and someone keeps grabbing the worthless collections in the area, flooding my inventory...I'll leave the group.

No angry messages though, that seems un-necessary.
    • Like x 4
  3. Multiverse Creator League

I often get messages from people asking to give them stuff....
    small stuff usually like

Cosmic Material
    Cosmic Chroma
    Void material
    Scorching Aura

You know??? small stuff like that. ;)

If you want to make people happy.... give them a Free Shaded Comic material or a Cosmic Chroma. ;)

I have to wonder..... what exactly did you give them??

I have to admit that if you were to try to give me some Free Body Bag base item.... or Free Lunar Module collection... or Free Ace Chemical Generator Mods..... I too would tell you to keep your Free stuff. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Multiverse Creator League

Reinheld has a point.....

Do you just send a trade invite out of nowhere?

Or do you send them a tell first to ask if they want Free stuff?

Getting blind Trade invite at random can be annoying.

We get a lot blind Group invite.... trade invite.... and other invite out of nowhere wayyy too much.

So if you send a trade invite without sending a tell first asking if they do want to trade...... it can be annoying.

I could understand people not reacting too well to a blind trade invite.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

through the mail
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, that can be a hassle as well. If you send 1 mail with 5 attachments...sure, to get mad at that seems a bit weird, but if you send 5 mails with 5 attachments, that might be clogging up someone's inventory to claim them, or just be a hassle if they were waiting on something to sell in the broker, only to find that the 'new mail' icon is a few more rubber chickens or Belessaro Blvd collections (sp?) you'll have to delete.

Why not just put them in your own league bank, donate or sell them yourself? Put them all in for 1$ if you want to help someone out.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

If I get stuff like that, I just leave it. In a month...the sender gets a lovely care package of obviously valuable items!
  8. beardrive Committed Player

Someone asked once for some common legs on the broker, and I spent 2 million dollars and just emailed them to them, just for fun!

There was no response, but at least they didn't email them back to me with a nasty reply!
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

NGL, I don't think that's at all unique to DCUO and sounds like a good way to get put on ignore. Gifts are nice, but not when it's someone just offloading random stuff onto you, especially if you don't need it, don't know anyone who needs it, have no inventory or bank space, and/or it doesn't sell well. Sure you can just trash it, but even just getting the mail notification, going to somewhere with a mailbox or calling a mailbot, opening the mail, getting the attachment(s), and deleting is annoying if unasked for.

Maybe put in chat that you're doing a giveaway and let people join in or something.
    • Like x 1
  10. Grip Committed Player

I get what you're saying, and it's cool you're sharing. Quick question though, sure the reaction is actual anger? If so, sure it's target is really you?

We have limited time online and a lot to try to do, and that may be why some players don't seem grateful for your gifts. As you know, 2 events up along with the rest of the grind can be pretty demanding That's not your fault any more than the value/rarity of your gifts. You can't share a super op drop the game doesn't grant you an extra of. But yeah, all the DCUO players I know like generous community members in general but accepting some gifts may have conflicting results. Try not to take it personal :)
  11. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Yeah I usually announce big giveaways with themes so everyone can participate if they wish, but I don't force them to or send them stuff if they don't want to. I do usually buy stuff if people ask too, unless you ask for something ridiculous, I'll ignore.
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I dunno... I sounds like to me... You should take your own advice... and just leave random people alone.
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

Inventory space is valuable in this game. Nobody wants your common items. You're just off loading your inventory onto other players so they have to deal with inventory management. Players hate inventory management. I personally delete individual items that may or may not sell on the broker for 5-10M to protect my inventory space. If you sent a random player a rare item and they got angry, then I would find that weird.

This also applies in real life to help you gain some perspective. If someone relocates, can they drop off all their belongings that they don't intend on taking with them to your place? It will save them money to not have the city come haul it away for them. The items are free to you. You can pass it along, donate it or sell it on the market.
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why don't you just donate it to your league or sell it on the broker, if it's that simple? You don't want to waste your time with basically worthless junk. Other people don't want to either, especially if it's not even their junk. I don't send angry tells but this and rando group invites get you put on ignore for me.
    TLDR
    Take out your own trash.
    • Like x 1