Trains

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Do Your Googles, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Do Your Googles Active Player

I would like to see the railroad road tracks in Gotham and the rails in Metro used by moving trains. I think it would bring the city's to life. There are many classic comic book stories and movies where a epic fight broke out in a train or on top of a train. You can have hero's stopping a mugger on a train or have a villain robbing passengers. Thank you for your time.
    • Like x 4
  2. Hytch Well-Known Player

It would be cool but many of the tracks are busted in certain areas preventing trains from running. Now may there could be an activity one could do to save a train that is heading toward one of the busted tracks.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I always found it funny that Gotham and Metropolis are suppose to be big cities...but you never see planes flying overhead.

Unless they're Amazonian, of course. ;)
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

would be nice to see a little more life in the open world.

i had an idea for train tracks as a base item. as you collect them and place them in your base or league hall if you close a shape (oval, circle etc) you can then acquire train pieces to place on the tracks and theyd move around. Thought it would be fun for Christmas.
  5. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I think it's a great ide...oh never mind. It's not really a DCUO idea. It's more of a Shelbyville idea.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

According to spytle, the game was supposed to have a lot more life in initial phases, but due to resource limitations, they removed a significant number of things and later even scaled that back in the WT's update. Most likely, we might see more active stuff in the cities and more use of the open world with the discontinuation of the PS3's support.
    • Like x 3
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Won't be seeing any trains: the construction and repair union was bottled and the train drivers' union is on strike anyway
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Would like to see more activity in the cities like trains, and interaction with them somehow would be cool.

Train usage integrated well in the animated series for JL.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I would love to see non-devastated Gotham and Metropolis, but I just don't see it as likely to happen. It one of my "wishlist" items, along with traffic that follows reasonable patterns, people who run AWAY from fights instead of at them, citizens who don't get stuck on fences and... right, I'll just shut up now.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If they bring back the trains, they must make them react like cars when we fart too close: go totally off the rails and blow up buildings :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I would settle for southwest gotham having something. Anything, such a big unused area. Trains would be nice if we could pick them up and smash them like the cars.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

One could only hope
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FTFY