Metro or Goth?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Apr 18, 2018.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Fun time.

Metro is a sunny, lively, lovely town with modern architecture, and clean streets.

Goth, is a dark, ill-lit, unsafe haven for crooks, that makes me want to take a bath to wash off the dirt just because I walked down the street.

If you were going to use either city as an example of what your closest major city is like in RL, which city would you use to most closely identify your surroundings?

Mine would be metro. I live close to an "it" city in the United States, a vibrate, growing metro area that appears to have adopted the "crane " as its official mascot, to support all our new growth and development.

So how about your closest major metropolitan area, is it more of a Metro or a Goth?
    • Like x 1
  2. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

I would venture to say that I live in Smallville 45 minutes North of Metropolis. However it feels like I work in Gotham most days... o_O
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Metropolis. My life is as laggy as the city currently is in the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

I live in the one of the top five most dangerous cities in the US so Goth would be mine.
  5. Hytch Well-Known Player

I live no where near somewhere cool like a Gotham or Metropolis. However, as far as mood and aesthetics go, I would prefer to live in Gotham

I'm ignoring the rampant crime problem there. Though, I would rather deal with that than the world ending natural and unnatural disasters that seem to strike Metropolis often.
    • Like x 2
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

None.
    I live in a European city with many houses from and rebuild of middle age in 1600 to 1800.
    There is nothin in the game like it.
  7. Hytch Well-Known Player

Maybe the War Torn Village from the Age of Justice DLC?
    • Like x 1
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

no. Just no.

That thing is as accurate as a ghost ride in an amusement park. A cathedral that looks like a fortress on the outside and some smaller buildings that don't even look like actual buildings. Ironically, the burned down forest is the most realistic thing of the entire map...
  9. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah, I see your point. I was saying that mainly in jest since it is the only part of the game that takes place in Europe (Unless there is some other content that I am forgetting).
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

My options appear to be a little limited, please feel free to use central city, smallville, the warn torn villiage, or perhaps any other area in the game you believe is accurate portrayal...
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I live in the city of Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) - closest is def metro.. would only need a few tweaks and more of a grid look to it to be closer
  12. impulse1 Well-Known Player

Me too. What Metropolis needs is the MCG and it would be perfect.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

LOL

yep.. would be perfect - metro already has Etihad (sort of lol)
  14. impulse1 Well-Known Player

The Hive have taken over Etihad !!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My closest major metropolitan area is very similar to the Joker's Funhouse section of the forums.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Detroit?
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

South East Asia
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

My city is def Metro in RL .
  19. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Nope!
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I live in a small town so I guess the closest thing to my real life would be Smallville although there is no farm land any where near my town just other small towns. Now I am about 40 minutes away from Pittsburgh so THAT would be the BIG CITY near by and if I had to pick I'd go with Gotham as the closest match. Metropolis always seemed like the comic book version of NY City to me.. a corporate HQ area with lots of sky scrappers while Gotham seems more of an Industrial city just like Pittsburgh.

Of course Pittsburgh doesn't have Amazon warriors and Mythical beasts running around attacking anything that moves but then no one else's city does either. And if you THINK you have mythical beasts roaming your streets... Maybe you need to cut back on those drugs a bit. LOL