Microtransactions for random rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Nov 16, 2017.

1. recoil Committed Player

well that and as of arcane and gotham capsules styles players have been asking for. personally if they want to keep capsules in game the best solution, or from the perspective of those of us who just like the styles, is to implement said styles without feats in the quark vendor. about 2% of the populace who paid 100's in cash will be mad cause they spent all that money but really, who cares? i mean so few players actually got the coveted capsule styles that any portion of the player base that COULD object to putting the styles in the new vendor is negligible at best.
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil Committed Player

well they don't HAVE to remove time capsules just a vast majority of the uncertainty. we already have a vendor that accepts currency from opened capsules why not just put capsule styles in the new vendor and be done with it? far more people would be much more enthusiastic about spending to open capsules(not to mention happier with it) if they had a guarantee of getting their sought after reward "Eventually". if enacted right such a system would pull in more stabilizer sales, in fact if they made 1-2 stabilizers a day per event run an extra legendary perk i'm sure they'd persuade more subscriptions as well. there are ways this system could work, but the question is, can daybreak see past the small immediate picture?
    • Like x 3
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I wonder if this game is played in China where they did pass legislation on probability odds containing loot boxes...if it is.. then Daybreak/Dcuo is clearly breaking an international law if they arent disclosing to Chinese players the drop odds of each item in these boxes..

Not sure, but DC may have found a loop hole where running fragment instances remove the 'gambling' aspect.

However, because the transactions and TC items are also tied to game cash obtained in the market place..that could be sold to outside affiliates for real life currency. That currency could be considered a source of income that should be taxed...therefore, making that loop hole anorexic.
    • Like x 1