Pay2win / spam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by cooking, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooking Level 30

Been off the game ages want to no has anything been done since the pay2win SP and the new AM spamming one power has gone? I miss this game just hate the way it went p2w and spam 1 button to win lol
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

1 button spam is gone, pay to play* is still in effect
    • Like x 4
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Still the same
  4. Bo Wiccan Well-Known Player

AM was 1,2,3,4,5. Now it's one button or 1,2 ( setting up your PI and buff), then, 3,3,3,3,3.

Time capsules will be here until they shut down the servers.
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You have more choices in the selection to use your loadout and compete, although there are a few things out of wack, but it's much more enjoyable than the Am era.
    • Like x 7
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sounds like a bad rotation that is not optimized to me. In fact, best rotations are closer to 1,2,3,4,5 than to 1,2 3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Even if you're pointing at earth, it's 1,2, 3,tap melee,tap melee,tap melee,tap melee,tap melee,...
    • Like x 1
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^
    • Like x 3
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's exactly like the AM era. AM had multiple ways to dps but everyone chose the l/o that did the most damage. Every powerset is using the same loadout. Nothing has changed
    • Like x 2
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Pay to win never has been, and still is not currently in this game. AM's have been removed.
    • Like x 3
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Except in AM era the difference in damage was a lot greater. At least now you can keep up while clipping, not get 4x'd in damage. You can also use multiple loadouts and builds while doing good. Game ain't nothing like it was with AMs.
    • Like x 7
  11. Tarif Committed Player

Pay to win is being implemented in the game now, more than it ever has. Gone are the days of daybreak being satisified with membership fees, cosmetic items and supplies on the marketplace, and replay badge sales.

Now, we have time capsule after time capsule with SP based feats attached, with horrible RNG drop rates that make it worse than gambling and trying to win lottery scratch off tickets - in order to get those stats to stay competitive.

Yet our content is rehashed over and over. New episode doesnt have one NEWLY created level of any semblence of artistic or original design. Its all rehashed content laid out differently. Right down to the decor from other content. Its like they designed all the areas from existing levels or used the same blueprint with base items we do when decorating our bases.

The new crime syndicate skins are cool, and there were a few base items, and decor added, but not much. But a beat was not missed for the new gear and material in the time capsule. I feel like more work is being put into that, than what was put into our "new" content.

Same cookie cutter loadouts are being used. Powers are also horribly imbalanced in comparison with one another. We dont have a flavor of the month anymore, we have "flavors", and quite a few that are so wretchedly under performing, people dont think twice but to switch and buy that respec token.
    • Like x 2
  12. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Wait, there are things to win on DC? Since when? Whatever, where’s my wallet!
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only thing I've won in this game is a headache... and Phoenix material...... and Void Material......
    • Like x 3
  14. cooking Level 30

You didn't get me lol I ment p2w skill points I never minded paying till there was so much sp behind the pay wall. So I take it hybrid was been buffed?
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nope, hybrid is still terrible. Far as sp go, It's still p2w
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hybrid doesn't do bad, but it's not the best unfortunately. If you're not a hardcore competitive person, you'll be fine with hybrid
    • Like x 2
  17. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

p2win is the new game. SP. you know...SKILL POINTS. no longer take much skill. you can just buy many of them now. some do. most don't. and it shows on how slow the game is just how well that is working out.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Skill points were never "Skilled" related to begin with. They should've been renamed to stat points. Back from the hack feat is a 50 pointer, it didn't take skill; it took the devs to bring the servers up. Tokens of merit feats weren't skill, they just took farming; along with a plethora of other feats took just farming and luck.

To Answer the OP's question: Time capsules are still here and with our 8th time capsule coming out tommorrow and people still paying for them, it's unlikely they'll go away.

As far as AM goes: Those are gone, and the game isn't nearly as punishing if your aren't using the optimal rotation.
    • Like x 3
  19. Bo Wiccan Well-Known Player

The 1,2,3,4,5 with AM gave you a power return, it was the reason for pressing, 1,2,3,4,5, so power wasn't an issue. The new system does not, so you have two choices with a most powers. You can press 1,2,3,4,5 and use so much power that you need a troll but get max damage, or you can press 1,2,3,3,3,3 spamming a spell that only uses 100 power. You do slightly less damage but have good power management.

Not only that, with the 1,2,3,4,5, not all are damage spells, one might be a PI with a 12 second cool down. Another spell is 2.5 seconds and another is .5 seconds.. 1,2,345,345, 345 would be more realistic.

Lastly there is no difference in, pressing 3 and tapping Melee. Its pressing one button over and over.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im sorry are you high? Please tell me where you have seen Earth 3's Gotham City in the game prior to its release? Oceans, in the livestream said that this level has been in the game even before launch. They found it, reworked it and made it into the awesome it is now.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.